1052 Kraussdale RD, East Greenville, Pennsylvania | 267-733-5306 | [email protected]
To further develop my skillset as a journalist and to learn from established professionals in the field to reach my goal of becoming a foreign correspondent.
BA in journalism | Graduated May 2018| Temple University, philadelphia, pennsylvania
· Major: Journalism
· Minor: Asian Studies
· Grade Point Average: 3.40/4.0
· Writing for Journalism, Audio/Visual Newsgathering, Design for Journalism, Elements of Writing, Travel Writing, Media in Britain, Journalism Research, and Journalism and the Law.
Content writer | Global Philadelphia Association | January – May 2018
· Write articles on our partner organizations and businesses, conduct interviews for the articles, help manage their social media pages, and create infographics for the website.
Community Team Assistant | One Young World | November – December 2017
· Contact ambassadors to arrange interviews with them, write articles about the ambassadors or other recent news, compile lists of networking events and conferences, and transcribe videos.
Freelance Writer | The Temple News | September 2014 – September 2017
· Write articles for the newspaper, conduct interviews for the articles, work with the editor to improve upon my writing and ready the article for print.
Activities and Achievements
· Studied abroad in Japan for the ’15-’16 school year
· Study Abroad Ambassador for the ’16-’17 school year
· Studied abroad and interned in London during Fall 2017 semester
· Cashier and Sales Associate at Wal-Mart since May 2015
· Member of the Temple University Kaiwa Club (Japanese culture/language club)
· Secretary for the Souderton Seventh-Day Adventist Church since September 2014
· Speak, read, and write Japanese on an intermediate level
· Proficient in Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier
· Proficient in MS Office Programs, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WordPress, and Wix.
· Can operate XA20 and XA30 Cannon Cameras.
· Good interpersonal, conversational, and observational skills.