Seeking assignments in Plant Head / Production Head/ Production Control/ New Development with an organization of repute
A Proficient B.E. Production and PGDM Operations with over 20+ Years of experience in Plant and Production Operations.
Experienced in managing cross-functional activities involving PQCDSME and enhancing the operations. Proven skills in managing various quality standards and fulfilling the norms of ISO 9001. Knowledge of innovative and yield enhancing production techniques. Significant expertise in the development of Products & production aids for machining. Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Production Operations
• Managing the production related tasks including planning, control, and troubleshooting in coordination with the related department.
• Optimizing man & machine utilization to achieve pre-set production targets.
• Advance planning of procurement functions.
• Developing a dedicated and alternate vendor source for, achieving the desired quality at effective cost and delivery time.
• Monitoring discipline at the shop floor for an accident-free & safe work culture.
• Preventive maintenance of the machines and equipment.
• New Development
• Preparation of work instructions, process selection and help in stage wise drawings preparation to meet the technical specification of the finished product as per customer drawing.
• Selecting appropriate Machinery & Tooling process wise and their procurement.
• Facilitating new product development initiative with a key focus on Productivity, Quality, Cost & Delivery; developing components in conformance to pre-set technical specifications.
• Set up and approval of CNC programs.
• Actual product development and finalizing parameters.
• Process Improvement
• Implementing and monitoring Quality System (ISO 9001) to facilitate smooth functioning of overall PRODUCTION operations and enhance operational efficiency.
• Ensuring reduction in line rejection and cycle time of PRODUCTION, man-hour and raw material inventory.
• Analyzing various processes/applications and recommending process modifications and equipment calibrations
to enhance operational efficiency.
• Implementation of TPS (Lean Manufacturing System)
• Cycle time and changeover time reduction through various Kaizen activities.
• Quality Operation
• QMS Implementation
• Ensured adherence to the various quality measures viz., ISO QMS -ISO 9001 for the maintenance of appropriate requisite documentation/ records.
• Devising and implementing process & quality plans. Implementing customer specific quality system activities.
• Reviewing analytical documents, SOPs, and summary report.
Supplier Quality & Technical Assurance
• Implementing supplier approval process that will lead to consistent and reliable vendor base.
• Providing technical guidance to the vendor team, guiding them in resolving performance bottlenecks.
• Man Management
• Directing, leading and motivating workforce; imparting continuous on-job training for accomplishing greater operational effectiveness/efficiency.
• Working on succession planning of the workforce, rendering technical guidance to the staff & resolving interpersonal issues & working towards a harmonious work environment.
• Identifying the training needs of subordinates and grooming them for higher responsibility.
Oct’17 – Continuing Supermac Industries Ltd
Current Designation GM Production
Current Industry Mfg. Sector- Heavy Machines Manufacturing
Current Location IMT Manesar, Gurgaon
Company Profile Company specializes in manufacturing set up and installation of machines for sheathing and insulation of industrial cables and house wires.
Oct’16 – Sept’17 P A Pinions
Last Designation Head Production
Last Industry Mfg. Sector – Micro shafts, gears, and pinions
Last Location Dharampur, Himachal Pradesh
Company Profile Company specializes in turning of microcomponents using
sliding head CNC turning machines, VMC and gear hobbing
Nov’12- Sept’16 Micro Turners
Designation Plant Head
Industry Mfg. Sector – Automobile components
Location IMT Manesar, Gurgaon
Company Profile An ISO/TS16949 company manufacturing
Transmission shafts and related assemblies.
Jun’10 – Jun’12 M/s Deloro Stellite India Pvt Ltd.
Designation Production Manager
Industry Mfg Sector- Power sector, Heavy Parts Manufacturing
Location IMT Manesar, Gurgaon
Apr’00-May’10 M/s Groz Engineering Tools Pvt Ltd
Designation Deputy Manager Production
Industry Equipment Manufacturing, Engineering Tools, Lubrication Pumps
Aug’94-Mar’00 M/s Micron Instruments Pvt Ltd
Designation Production Engineer
Industry Mfg. Sector – Defense Armaments
• One month induction cum training program in the German Plant of Deloro Stellite
• In Deloro Stellite I had recruited all the manpower trained them and brought the sales to 180000 Euros from 25000 Euros in the first month.
• In Groz I had reduced the consumable cost by kaizens.
• Project on Lean Production Systems at Supermac Industries.
Specific Training/ Seminars / Membership
Training details: Lean Manufacturing
Duration: In-house training that continued for around one year
Topic: 5S, Kaizen, waste control, cost reduction, identifying and reduction of losses
Project details: Layout planning of the CNC section and implementation.
Duration: Two weeks
Topic: CNC Section Layout
Seminars details: Workshop on Right Selection & Application of Tooling for CNC Lathes, Workshop on Work holding and Fixturing Techniques for Productivity Improvement on CNC machines, Workshop on Total Quality Management.
Duration: Two to three days
* 1994 BE PRODUCTION – PUNJAB ENGINEERING COLLEGE
* PGDBM in Operation Management from Welingkar Institute of Management Development and Research (WIMDR)
• Windows Environment & Internet
• Ms-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Access, Ms-PowerPoint
• Helped in developing the products for the required quality and cost at the vendors.
• Developed vendors for development of jigs and fixtures.
• Steam turbine parts – Valve cones, Valve cone stem, Valve seats, Valve cone spindles, Spindles. (Parts machining done on CNC machines)
• Engineering tools like drill sleeves, arbours, vices, various types of lubrication pumps and equipment (Using the CNC and VMC machines)
• Defence armaments like time fuse devices and parts of the revolver made for Indian Army.
• Gear Shifter assemblies involving machining and assembly of transmission shaft and forks.
• Heavy machinery and equipment manufacturing.
Operations and Production Management
Production and Industrial Engineering subjects