Avery Shae Gouw
932 Mayor Magrath Drive South Suite A, Lethbridge Alberta, T1J 3M5 | 403-634-6220 | [email protected]
* Dedicated Practical Nursing student with experience in hospitality, time management, and exemplary communication skills; looking for a position that can allow me to apply and continue the skills that were taught in school.
* Resourceful in completing tasks, able to multi-task effectively.
* Knowledge of medical equipment, products, and research tools available.
* Can receive, transcribe, document and relate information effectively.
* Strong analytical skills, can assess conditions and apply appropriate interventions within scope.
* Readily develops rapport with patients, family, staff and other healthcare professionals.
* Able to work effectively as a team and collaborate with other professionals.
SERVER | ITALIAN TABLE | MARCH 2018 – CURRENT
* Was asked by the owners (who also own Moxies) to come to the new restaurant and help get the place going by setting the standard of what serving/hospitality looked like and to aid any of the other servers if they needed help.
SERVER | MOXIES | NOVEMBER 2014 – MARCH 2018
* Worked as a dedicated part-time server while attending school.
* Was able to demonstrate skills in hospitality, time management, documentation, team work, emotion regulation, critical thinking, and can self-direct.
HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA | JUNE 2012 | CATHOLIC CENTRAL HIGH SCHOOL
* Extra-Curricular: Played on multiple school sports teams (badminton, track, basketball, cross country, soccer, hockey)
* Awards: Received an award from the Diabetes Association for collecting pop can tabs to raise money for them, participated in the “Jump rope for Heart” yearly when it was available at my school, and received an award in my grade 12 year for my leadership skills in the hockey academy.
* Other: Volunteered 40+ hours through the school, participated in leadership classes, did summer studies to have a more balanced school schedule in order for it to work with my love for sports. This gave me a well-rounded understanding that everyone can come from different backgrounds or beliefs, and still reach a common goal if ignorance is minimized.
COLLEGE | 2013-2016 | LETHBRIDGE COLLEGE
* General Studies: Was trying to raise my marks to get into nursing school, because the environment was so competitive, I completed all the required GLER classes before starting the nursing program as well as extra psychology, microbiology, and humanities courses.
* Awards: In 2016 I received the Jason Lang Scholarship for academics.
UNIVERSITY | 2016-2017 | LETHBRIDGE UNIVERSITY
* Completed two years of my general science degree (with an inclusion of a few of my classes transferred from the college) before being offered to take the practical nursing program the next fall.
COLLEGE | 2017-CURRENT | LETHBRIDGE COLLEGE
* Completed 8 months of the practical nursing program and 180 hours of clinical experience.
* Competent in the following skills: injections, patient safety, CPR-BLS, wound care, the nursing process, professionalism, leadership, medication administration, vital signs, sterile technique, patient/family relationships, advocating, receiving and documenting information properly, critical thinking, naloxone administration, “It’s You’re Move” back safety awareness, tube feed administrations, and culture or specimen collections.
* Hockey from age 3-18, played at a AAA level for my last two years that took me to tournaments within North America for potential scouting, still currently plays in unofficial leagues.
* Soccer from age 3-15, played competitively from 10-15.
* Golf from age 8 to current, more for fun and socializing.
* Softball: for the last three years I have been invited to play on a team in a local league that also takes us on camping trips for tournaments and is more centered on the relationships of friends and positive experiences.
* Also an animal lover, have a passion for being outdoors and enjoys to draw or a good book.
* References will be provided upon request.