Passionate and published behavioral health researcher interested in a position as a Health Policy Analyst. Seeking to apply my comprehensive knowledge of health and government affairs along with my excellent analytical and critical thinking skills to benefit your organization.
02/2013 – present
Claims Adjuster, THe hartford insurance group
· Use high level critical thinking to investigate and evaluate all relevant facts to determine coverage, damages, and liability of first and third-party damage claims under a variety of personal and commercial auto policies.
· Analytically determines appropriate settlement amounts based on independent judgement coupled with computer assisted building.
· Maintains an extensively detailed diary system in accordance with state and local statutes and regulations while maintaining less than a 7% compliance defect to help achieve operational excellence and quality.
· Addressing both organization and customer needs and concerns while maintaining a superior level of customer service.
· Arbitrated claims for the Eastern continental United States.
· Apply knowledge to a spectrum of operational environments across the organization through team building, multi-department info sharing, as well as development of claims best practices.
· Regularly contribute key roles in small focus groups and special projects, as well as voluntarily take the lead in new hire mentoring.
· One of seven people selected to lead the roll-out of a multi-million dollar claims platform across our Eastern Offices.
01/2011 – 08/2012
Research Assistant iii, University of florida
SOUTHEAST CENTER FOR RESEARCH TO REDUCE DISPARITIES IN ORAL HEALTH
· Led key initiatives to increase public awareness and expand knowledge of preventative treatments and early detection methods of oral cancers impacting underrepresented minorities and vulnerable populations.
· Assisted in the formation and maintenance of key community advisory groups and community partners in conjunction with the Community Liaison.
· Scheduled and recruited research participants per project and presented research finding to larger audiences via department meetings, poster presentations, and conferences.
· Gathered primary and secondary data by interviewing over 100 subjects in their homes to facilitate the data collection process as it directly relates to obstacles to obtaining healthcare in vulnerable communities.
· Evaluated the research data and helped prepare summaries to illustrate key points, patterns, and trends found in research data.
· Prepared drafts of written memos, correspondence and reports including graphs, tables, illustrations and text.
· Collected data by identifying sources and obtaining information through literature, reports, refer texts, online databases and other primary and secondary research sources.
· Helped design and assisted in multiple community educational seminars/health fairs about health effects of tobacco use as it correlates to oral cancers in vulnerable communities.
· Collected and properly stored saliva samples for use in the building of a database for future testing of Human Papillomavirus (HPV16 and HPV18) markers as it correlates to oral cancers.
Bachelor of Science, University of Florida
HEALTH EDUCATION BEHAVIOR – COMMUNITY HEALTH CONCENTRATION
· Recipient of both the Dean’s List and Presidential Honor Roll designation.
(2015-2018) Keeper of Records for the Sarasota (FL) Alumni Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc
· Gave back locally through the volunteering of time to various community endeavors as well as nationally by pushing the fraternity’s national objectives.
(2015-2018) Sarasota-Bradenton Guide Right Foundation, Inc.
· The philanthropic arm of my fraternity where I both helped to raise funding through grants as well as help to determine the priorities where the annual revenue of $80,000+ would be spent.
(2016-2018) Committee Chair
· Prostate Awareness Month/Prostate Screening Drive. Lead an initiative to bring prostate cancer awareness to the Bradenton and Sarasota Communities through educational seminars and free prostate screenings benefiting 40+ men from the most vulnerable parts of these communities.
· Dodd VJ, Logan H, Brown CD, Calderon A, Catalanotto F. Perceptions of Oral Health, Preventive Care, and Care-Seeking Behaviors Among Rural Adolescents. The Journal of school health. 2014;84(12):802-809. doi:10.1111/josh.12215.