CARLA O. BRIONES
233 Brgy. Banjo West, Tanauan City, Batangas 4232 Philippines
Mobile: +63 917 8790527
E-mail: [email protected]
Chemical Engineer /Blending Operations Head / R&D Specialist / Quality Assurer / Production Planner
· Licensed chemical engineer with experience on Total Quality Management System knowledgeable in Laboratory Management System, ISO, SPC, Six Sigma, SAP, HACCP Plan.
· Successfully carried out tasks, provided immediate solutions and documented procedures for acquiring cGMP recertification.
· Experienced in cost-efficient production planning and timely delivery of finished products.
· Helped the team to innovate and create liquor products focusing on Rum that is now trending in the market. I am the previous product developer of Don Papa Rum Rare Cask and some variants of Don Papa Rum which is gaining popularity in France, Germany, Belgium and US.
· Self-motivated professional, capable of working independently or as part of a team.
· Skilled at learning new concepts quickly, working well under pressure and communicating ideas clearly and effectively.
Ginebra San Miguel, Inc. (GSMI), Philippines
A subsidiary of San Miguel Corporation and the number one producer of gin in the Philippines. GSMI has both alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages on its product portfolio.
Flavor Specialist January to October 2018
Ongoing Training as Flavor Specialist
a. Plans, Blends and Issues mixed flavor requirement of all GSMI and Toll manufacturing plants for use in production of blended products.
b. Ongoing Training in SAP Software (Inventory Management)
c. For future trainings – Warehouse Management, Lean Management and Planning & Forecasting
Blending Operations Head June 2017 to December 2018
Plans, leads, organizes and controls operation and resources of Blending Operations Department to ensure:
· Availability of blended alcohol, distilled alcohol and processed water at optimum value to achieve customer satisfaction
Initiates, formulates, recommends and implements long and short term plans and programs, performance measures and standards peculiar to process operaions to meet production requirements, contingencies, cost reduction programs in all areas of Blending Operations.
R&D Specialist – Research and Development (Liquor) July 2013 to June 2017
Formulation Development and Improvement
1. Develops formulation and prototype samples of products based on concept, target cost, benchmark and government product requirements.
2. Conducts researches on market trends for liquor products through journals, suppliers’ presentations, conferences and seminars, trade and consumer outlet visits and web-based research to keep abreast with the latest innovations applicable to new product development.
3. Conducts and validates formulation improvement based on consumer feedback, cost optimization, material flexibility and availability.
4. Conducts studies of predictive and shelf-life tests of pilot and commercial run of new products.
5. Develops and establishes full and partial formulation; specifications of ingredients, in-process product, and finished product from data-based results.
6. Submits for review to R&D Manager / Head the following reports of new and improved products developed:
a. prototype and formulation development reports;
b. partial formulation for direct material cost (DMC) calculation by Finance department;
c. FDA product registration technical document requirements;
d. Technical documents to support product label and advertisement claims by Marketing.
1. Conducts development and evaluation of the following materials based on established test methods and procedures.
a. alternative flavors, functional ingredients, purees and concentrates;
b. new process materials;
c. new indirect materials.
2. Develops methods and establishes specifications from data-based results of material evaluated.
3. Submits for review to R&D Manager / Head material evaluation report of new and alternative materials
1. Conducts and documents results of troubleshooting activities in the production of liquor beverage products.
Quality Assurance Specialist – GSMI Cabuyao Manufacturing Plant September 2009 to July 2013
1. Performed basic laboratory analyses (including microbiological analysis) of Raw and Manufacturing supplies for delivery acceptance; demineralized water and other in-process water; in-process and finished products
2. Monitored regularly the performance of the entire packaging line operations from bottle infeed to palletizing and checks conformance to set standards for products operations parameters, e.g. product dressing, filled bottle requirements and adherence to proper sanitary and hygienic practices
3. Assisted production in data gathering especially during investigation of quality problems and participates in solution formulation of the problem
4. Conducted statistical sampling, inspection and evaluation of all incoming packaging material deliveries and recommended acceptance and rejection based on the results of evaluation
5. Coordinated and guided the conduct of actual line tests whenever required by any material acceptance procedures
6. Handled and validated complaints reported by packaging operations on all packaging materials found to be defective while in use and relay findings to suppliers for appropriate corrective actions
7. Coordinated with Logistics for any material concerns and issues related to quality
8. Assisted production in data gathering especially during investigation of quality problems and participates in solution formulation to the problem
9. Initiated quality improvements in the packaging operations and process operations area
10. Assisted R&D and Corporate QA during Technological Transfer of New products
11. Feedbacked or reported results of analysis / evaluation to the QA-Head, especially those with non-conforming results that may lead to operational downtime, requiring immediate attention
SCC Innovasia, Inc., Philippines
SCC Innovasia, Inc. is a leading 100% Filipino-owned and controlled corporation established in 1991, which engages in the toll-manufacturing business of cosmetic and other personal care product.
Production Planner – Operations Department June 2008 to May 2009
1. Executed Rough-Cut Capacity Planning, MPS – master production schedule based on customer’s requirement and available capacity and MRF – packaging material requirements sent to suppliers
2. Provided MPS monthly schedule summary to reflect number of days a particular variant will run in each production line (Line schedule)
3. Reviewed and updated MPS worksheet to determine daily production output (Finished Goods monitoring: SAP and Pick system) and delays in FG commitment
4. Coordinated with Suppliers regarding delivery of materials scheduled for production to avoid shutdown
5. Monthly reconciliation of inventory at J&J and production warehouse utilizing SAP & Actual count procedures
6. Worked closely with the Production Supervisor to ensure that what are planned to produce and deliver are met (Plan Attainment)
7. Maintained revenue goals by month (to plan requirements in the most productive and efficient way)
8. Knowledgeable experience on Cologne and Alcohol Manufacturing Operations
9. Knowledgeable of System Application Procedures
10. Prepared Monthly Operations Performance Review Reports
11. Prepared Business Review Reports about Cologne and Alcohol Operations to Johnson and Johnson, Phils.
Central Azucarera Don Pedro, Inc., Philippines
Central Azucarera Don Pedro, Inc. (CADPI), a sugar milling company located in Nasugbu, Batangas, provides the refined sugar requirements of traders and industrial customers such as multinational food and beverage and pharmaceutical companies in Luzon.
Student Trainee – Plant Operations April to June 2006
EDUCATION, PROFESSIONAL REGISTRATION
Licensed Chemical Engineer, Professional Regulation Commission, December 2007
B.S. in Chemical Engineering Major in Sugar Technology, University of the Philippines Los Baños, April 2007 with GWA 1.85
Undergraduate Manuscript : Raw Sugar Factory and Refinery Practice at Central Azucarera Don Pedro, Inc., Brgy. Lumbangan, Nasugbu, Batangas (Special Topic on Efficient Energy Utilization Practices at CADP, Inc.)
Undergraduate Special Paper : Effect of pH on Ethanol Production in an Alcoholic Fermentation of Final Molasses by Saccharomyces cerevisiae August 2006
Undergraduate Special Paper : Production of Nata by Fermentation of Final Molasses using Acetobacter xylinum October 2006
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
· Operation of laboratory instruments such as Density meter, pH meter, refractometer, viscometer, etc.
· Good working experience in an ISO-certified environment.
· Practical application of 5S, HACCP, Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) certified by BFAD, and Laboratory Information Management System
· Created Purchase Requisitions, Good Receipt postings, Sales Invoice Transmittals, PRM and Accruals as R&D Department Budget Officer (2014 – present)
· Statistical analysis for sensory evaluation, and selection, training and calibration of sensory panelists
· Hands-on experience in selection, training and calibration of sensory panelists, and formation of Qualitative Descriptive Analysis (QDA)
· Highly proficient in using MS Office (Word, Excel-XLSTAT, PowerPoint, Outlook) and various internet applications
· Worked as an online English Tutor to Japanese Students through Rarejob from May to September 2009
· Languages: Filipino (native), English (Reading: Excellent, Writing: Excellent, Speaking: Excellent)
· Member, Philippine Institute of Chemical Engineers