Charles George Rapp V
601 East 50th Street, Unit B,
Austin, Texas 78751
OBJECTIVE: Highly motivated pharmacist seeking a position with a hospital pharmacy where I can use my clinical expertise and professional skills to best serve my community and provide excellent patient care.
August 2013 – May 2017
University of Texas at Austin College of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy Candidate, Class of 2017
August 2009 – May 2012
University of Texas at Austin, Bachelor of Science in Cellular and Molecular Biology, Class of 2012
July 2005 – present
Walgreens Pharmacy, Pharmacy Technician, Pharmacist Intern
Supervisor: Aaron Williams, Pharm.D.
5600 Stassney Ln, Austin, TX; (512) 441-4747
· Preparation of non-sterile compound medications
· Management and processing of third party claims
· Management of inventory
· Training of personnel to operate effectively under high-demand environment
July 2014 – March 2015
Dell Pediatric Research Institute, Research Assistant;
Supervisors: Carla Van Den Berg, Pharm.D.; Nancy Ebelt Ph.D.
Investigated the synergistic effects of the novel c-Jun N-terminal kinase inhibitor, JNK-IN-8, with lapatinib on effecting cell death in basal-like breast cancer cell lines.
January 2012 – September 2012
University of Texas at Austin, Department of Molecular and Developmental Biology, Investigator;
Advisor: Kanthimathi Sathasivan, Ph.D.
Investigated and characterized mechanisms of regulation and expression of a novel carotenoid oxygenase within the astaxanthin biosynthetic pathway of the algae species Chlorella vulgaris.
· Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and supervisory skills
· Advanced computer skills: Microsoft Office Suite, Electronic Medical Records (EMR) systems, Database Management
· Strong presentation skills, with experience writing and presenting clearly on complex scientific and clinical issues
· Ability to use scientific and clinical knowledge to conceptualize study designs
· Knowledge of Good Clinical Practice, and applicable international regulatory requirements and guidelines
· Knowledge of global clinical trial design and therapeutic development process
· Working knowledge of basic statistics and translational approaches
· Advanced understanding of Therapeutic application and indication
· Thorough experience with advanced molecular biology and pre-clinical toxicology laboratory techniques
· Skilled in evaluating pharmacy records
· Ability to conduct research independently and with minimal supervision
References available upon request