I was born in Lagos, Nigeria on 2nd January 1988 to the family of retired Colonel Melvin and Mrs. Kunbi Usman. I had my early education at Central Secondary School where I obtained my West African School Certificate (ordinary Level) in June 2003. I resumed in Covenant University and successfully completed the course Public Administration in June 2008. I also have MBA Innovative Management from Coventry University and MSc Human Resource Management from Aberdeen Business School, both institutions are in the United Kingdom.
I am a balanced and well rounded management student. I have a diverse and in depth knowledge of Innovative Management, Human Resource Management and Public Administration. I am focused and determined with an analytical mind and always committed to completing a task given to me.
Possess experience in customer assistance, marketing and retailing. Have experience with the interface between human resources and other key necessities to profitable business. Excellent organisational skill. Excellent communication skills both verbal and written. Exhibit exceptional interpersonal skills and I am highly motivated. Advance user of personal computer; work with Microsoft Office Suite on a daily base.
Sep 2011 – Dec 2012: MSc Human Resource Management
Aberdeen Business School, Robert Gordon University, Garthdee Road, Aberdeen, AB10 7QE.
Feb 2010 – Jul 2011: MBA Innovative Management
Coventry University, Priory Street, Coventry, CV1 5FB, United Kingdom.
Oct 2004 – Jun 2008: BSc Public Administration
Covenant University, Ota, Ogun State, Nigeria. Sep 1997 – Jun 2003: West African School Certificate (Ordinary Level) Central Secondary School, Idu, Abuja.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE October 2017 – Till date:
HR Transaction Analyst Salvic Petroleum Resource Limited, Lagos, Nigeria • Responsible for activities related to employee staffing transactions, including onboarding and staffing for new hires and rehires, transfers, promotions, demotions, retirements and resignations, layoffs and displacements for assigned networks.
• Processes initial step and lane placement for new hires, lane applications for existing employees. • Activities include database management. The Staffer will support customers in using the technology, which may include answering customer questions and participating in customer training. • Liaise with Employee Engagement and Law for personnel related matters. • Responds to routine queries related to policies and procedures, staffing transactions, and new hire onboarding • Responsible for the quality and accuracy of completed transactions and makes suggestions for process improvement to the Staffing Manager.
• Will be required to maintain a broad range of responsibilities, adjusting work responsibilities as necessary to ensure the efficient completion of all incoming transactions and customer requests. • May be required to perform any additional responsibilities as may be required towards the achievement of department objectives.
January 2017 – September 2017:
Head of Human Resource and Administration HuaYing Petrochemical & Energy Company Nig. Ltd • Maintains the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions. • Prepares employees for assignments by establishing and conducting orientation and training programs. • Maintains a pay plan by preparing pay budgets; monitoring and scheduling individual pay actions; recommending, planning, and implementing pay structure revisions. • Ensures planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work results by hearing and resolving employee grievances; counseling employees and supervisors. • Maintains management guidelines by preparing, updating, and recommending human resource policies and procedures.
• Maintains historical human resource records by designing a filing and retrieval system; keeping past and current records.
• Maintains human resource staff job results by counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
August 2016 – January 2017:
HR Business Partner
Petrochemical & Energy Company Nig. Ltd
• Partners with employees and management to communicate various Human Resources policies, procedures, laws, corporate standards and government regulations (Wage Hour Law, Workers Compensation Claims, Compensation Analysis).
• Works with hiring managers to prepare and post requisitions. Supports interviewing and hiring processes. Manages third party vendor to ensure quality of temporary labor
• Conducts new hire orientations, exit interviews and proactively stays connected to pulse of the organization to
recommend business or HR changes. Partners with leaders to roll out new business or HR specific initiatives.
• Responds to employee relation issues such as employee complaints and investigations.
• Facilitates and/or provides HR related training to the workforce when needed
• Understand local needs and leverages the programs within the HR function to ensure successful implementation (Ontracc processes, Alere Cheer, Training & Development programs)
• Works effectively with HR shared services and forms partnerships with other HR colleagues.
• Responds promptly and accurately to company requests.
• Organize and maintain electronic file, job descriptions and other HR materials related to site quality system.
• Processes and maintains employee promotions, internal transfers, and other related documents.
Explains human resources policies, procedures, laws and standards to new and existing employees, including management.
Responsible for exhibiting professional behavior with both internal/external business associates that reflects positively on the company and is consistent with the company’s policies and practices.
May 2016 – August 2016:
Associate Consultant (HR)
GT-Empirica Consulting (UK) Limited, Abuja
May 2015 – Apr 2016:
Human Resource Officer II
National Troupe of Nigeria, National Theatre, Sururele, Lagos.
• Supervise and coordinate activities of staff.
• Conduct orientation programmes for new employees.
• Be involved in staff training and development, preparation of job descriptions, staff assessments and promotions.
• Maintain management information systems (manual or computerized)
• Review and answer correspondence.
• Provide secretarial or executive services for committees.
Apr 2013 – Apr 2015:
• Manage new and existing customers to maximize relationship building opportunities.
• Improve overall customers relationship, delivering reliable administrative support service
• Maintaining a strong knowledge of products of the bank
• Sales activity planning, including reviewing existing customer files to identify sales opportunities.
Mar 2012 – May 2013:
Human Resource Assistant
First Group PLC, 395 King Street Aberdeen, AB24 5RP
Maintain new hire communications and correspondence.
• Schedule exams for candidates and provide candidates with company information.
• Welcome new employees to the company.
• Develop and assist in implementing orientation programs for new hires.
• Provide HR departments with information on payroll and attendance.
• Provide new hires with information on company policies and procedures.
• Maintain employee information in databases and ensure appropriate modifications.
• Provide administrative support by mail.
Sep 2011 – Feb 2012:
Marks and Spencer, St Nicholas Street, .
• Helping find right product for each customer by giving expert advice and showing personal attention to needs.
• Manage stock and get new lines out of shop floor.
• Supervise fitting rooms and provide great service at the stores.
Mar 2010 – Aug 2011:
Meet and Greet Officer
HSBC Bank Plc,118 High, St N, London E6 2HX, United Kingdom.
• The first point of contct for our customers, either in person or over the telephone.
• Demonstrating the ability to provide first class personalised service, along with in-depth knowledge of core products, work to identify and address customer’s immediate needs and always ensuring a positive experience.
Feb 2009 – Dec 2009:
Receptionist / Human Resource (Intern)
Faith Properties and Real Estate Dev. Company Limited,Wuse II, Abuja.
• Recruitment of Junior Staff.
• Call candidates and provided information on date and place of interviews.
• Followed-up with recruitments.
• Typed and dispatched correspondences.
• Maintenance of files, records and reports.
• Preparation of leave roasters and enforcement.
• Assisted in carrying out induction programs
• Provided support in handling payroll and attendance information for the HR department.
• Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development NATIONAL SERVICE
National Youth Service Certificate Discharge Certificate (July 2008- February 2009) PERSONALITY
I am single, happy person who dedicates time to carrying out assignments given to me to the best of my ability. I promptly tackle tasks to the admiration of my peers and superiors, alike. I look forward to being in one of your teams and hope to learn from your highly skilled professional while offering my own contribution. I like meeting people. I communicate and mix well within and outside groups and I thrive under pressure. Finally I believe I would learn greatly and prepared to contribute to your organization in any form desired. I am interested in this company because their requirement matches what I have achieved and I believe I will improve my technical skills and grow with this company if given the opportunity. I have no preferred location or role and I am willing to work anywhere and in any role that best suits my technical and computer skills.
INTEREST AND ACTIVITIES
Reading, meeting people, listening to music and playing golf.