Dana Fahmida Zaman
Home tel: 0208 882 6195 Email: [email protected]
A flexible, resourceful and vibrant team player with 12 years of administrative experience and over 6 years of teaching experience. Has the capacity to build fantastic rapport with students of all backgrounds using excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Can organise and plan lessons effectively to meet deadlines and consequently, is able to engage students. Proven competency in developing and managing projects independently; takes own initiative to incorporate creative ideas to create lesson plans, teaching material and topic-related courses. Currently seeking to utilise current skills and experience in either the admin sector or teaching sector.
· Communication- trained teacher of English with 6 years of post-qualification English teaching experience and over 6 years’ experience of statement writing ( reports).
· Administrative skills- minute taking, faxing, filing, photocopying, dealing with correspondence, customer enquiries, office diary management.
· Teaching/organisation skills- planning lessons, marking work to deadlines, presenting information to groups of people and structuring courses and lessons to maximise learning.
· Creative and presentation skills- creating topic-related mini courses and schemes of work, planning engaging and interactive lessons with a variety of learning exercises including games, creating interesting hand-outs.
Supply Teacher, Delphin School of English 16 October 2017
Temp Teacher of English, British Study Centres London Jun- Aug 2016
Temp Teacher of English, St Giles College Jun- Dec 2015
Temp Teacher of English, Saudi British Centre Nov 2014- June 2015
Teacher of English for Academic Purposes, Coventry University (Full-time contract work) July 2014- September 2014
English as a Foreign Language Teacher, St Giles Highgate (Full-time temp contract) June- July 2014
Exam Invigilator, Supply Book Limited, London May 2013- June 2013
Voluntary Administrator, Enfield CAB June 2012- May 2013
· Responding to e-mails; filing correspondence; contacting potential volunteers by phone and e-mail; administering tests; dealing with post; recruitment administration, sending out interview and acceptance letters and reference requests; franking and sending out post; reception duties; sending SMS texts to remind clients of appointments.
Employment Advisor & Tutor, CDG- April 2010- March 2012
· Interviewing long-term unemployed people, placing them into work; reading through several e-mails daily; matching customers to jobs; entering information onto database; managing electronic diary; phoning / e-mailing customers with job details; re-arranging missed appointments; sanctioning customers; booking customers on courses. Teaching literacy, numeracy and ESOL; helping customers with job-search; writing CVs and covering letters; doing related paperwork- learning plans, initial assessments, reviews, marking work, etc.
ESOL Lecturer, Edmonton Green College Sept 2008- July 2009
· Teaching English to speakers of other languages; planning lessons; marking work; form tutor/pastoral duties; writing and reviewing ILPs; diagnostics; creating class profiles; preparing students for exams; keeping records of attendance; covering lessons at short notice for absent colleagues.
Temp EFL Tutor, July 2006–Sept 2008
· Temp work at the following schools- Bell International School, London School of English, OISE
· Creating mini topic-related courses; planning and delivering lessons; marking work; using an interactive whiteboard; writing progress reports; keeping records of work covered in lessons; keeping records of attendance; keeping records of student progress.
Statement/Review Officer, London Borough of Enfield Jan 2000- April 2006
· Reading professional reports (6-21), isolating key information and summarising to create a six-page document called a statement; working to deadline; reviewing statements on an annual basis; dealing with telephone enquiries; dealing with correspondence; doing INSET for school staff (one occasion); faxing, filing, photocopying, taking minutes at meetings and chairing meetings.
English Teacher, Saint Anne’s School Oct 1998- Dec 1999
· Teaching English language and literature following the National Curriculum to seven classes of different ages and being form tutor to an eighth class; teaching 210 students a week; planning and delivering lessons for five different year groups; marking work to deadlines; writing termly reports; dealing with discipline issues; attending parents’ evenings; keeping records of topics covered with each year group; teaching students for SATs and GCSE exams; covering lessons at short notice for absent colleagues.
· Previous posts-Information Officer & Clerical Officer, Student Finance, KCL 1996-1998
Supervising temps, updating jobs file; replenishing stock; hosting careers talks; publicity work; major project work- updating/re-designing entire careers room single-handedly; helping to prepare for careers events; booking appointments; maintaining office diary for 7 staff; dealing with queries in person and on the phone; dealing with correspondence independently; helping to process student loans; sending out information.
· Administrative Officer, Westminster Employment Service 1994-1996
Trinity TESOL Cert, St George International, London Aug 1998
PGCE (level 7 qualification equivalent to a MA), Institute of Education, London Jan 1994
BA (Hons) English & American Literature, Warwick University July 1992
4 A Levels, Hornsey School for Girls July 1989
10 O Levels, Skinners Company School for Girls July 1987
· Prize for best O Level results in 1987 out of 210 students; able to speak two languages fluently with understanding of two additional languages; some voluntary work experience; author of a short book (self-published).
· Taught SATs to a mixed ability class who were expected to get levels 4 and 5, 30% of whom attained Level 6 under my tutelage.
· Taught ESOL with a high pass rate- 19/21 passes for speaking and listening and 14/19 passes for reading.
· Taught English for Academic Purposes at Coventry University and after just 5 weeks of teaching (on the intensive pre-sessional course), 24 out of 31 of students passed their exams first time to achieve 6.5 IELTS.
Takes interest in Films, comedies, creative writing, reading, cooking, walking, dance and health studies.
References available on request