To obtain a challenging technical position as well as network experience in a stable and growing company where I can utilize my education, and 17 years of experience in PC Hardware & Software, systems & networks administration and to make a substantial impact on the growth of a company, along with the potential to grow personally.
Network Administrator (September 2012 – Present)
Canon Business Process Services Philippines, Inc.
• Design, document and customize WAN/LAN environment as approved by manager to ensure security, availability, and performance.
• Provide customer and operational support, listen to customer complaints and pain points, and determine the best course of action as it relates to network services.
• Take action to improve usability, function and workflow optimization through improved automation using appropriate tools and concepts.
• Install, administer and support data network infrastructures, equipment, and applications to achieve optimum performance. These systems include but are not limited to Windows 2008 R2, SQL, FTP, IIS, Exchange Mail, Kaspersky Anti-virus, VPN and Network Printing.
• Review and evaluate technological network related needs and recommend appropriate solutions.
• Troubleshooting of network systems to determine cause(s) of failure and resolve problems.
• Perform structured analysis and develop integrated information flow according to documentation.
• Provide technical consultation and assistance to users, helpdesk and other technical users.
• Monitor appropriate System Backups, Communication WAN links and System logs to ensure system availability.
• Develop security and integrity of Canon Business Process Services network systems to ensure protection from
inappropriate access or destruction.
• Accomplishes information technology staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and
appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; initiating, coordinating, and enforcing
systems, policies, and procedures.
• Maintains staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work
environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
• Maintains organization’s effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for
implementing information technologies.
• Directs technological research by studying organization goals, strategies, practices, and user projects.
• Completes projects by coordinating resources and timetables with user departments and data center.
• Verifies application results by conducting system audits of technologies implemented.
• Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control
• Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes;
identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
• Accomplishes financial objectives by forecasting requirements; preparing an annual budget; scheduling
expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective action.
• Maintains quality service by establishing and enforcing organization standards.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional
publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Serves as the point of contact for all internal issues, coordinate implementation and maintenance issues.
• Participation in implementing and maintaining the ISO Certification (ISO/IEC 27001:2013)
Network Administrator (December 2010 – August 2012)
Queen Medical – Doha, State of Qatar
• Manages all aspects of a specific application/system.
• Serves as the point of contact for all internal issues, coordinate implementation and maintenance issues.
• Performs maintenance procedures such as daily backup of file servers and networked workstations.
• Assists with the overall procurement process by specifying network hardware and software and obtaining vendor quotes.
• Assists with the establishment of, and implements network security policies.
• Installs, administers, and maintains local area and wide area networks.
• Maintains various networked applications.
• Supports networking efforts with other agencies and organizations via wide area networks (WANs) and the Internet.
• Analyzes computer automation needs and recommends department standards for hardware and software providing
feasibility and cost analysis of automation needs.
• Diagnoses network problems and initiates repair, working with vendors to resolve technical questions.
• Monitors in-house stock of spare parts and prepares purchase requisitions for new and replacement equipment ensuring
delivery of equipment meets specifications as ordered.
• Tests and evaluates new software and hardware.
• Assures all installations are in accordance with manufacturer*s specifications.
• Installs networked personal computers, servers, networks, applications, upgrades and associated networked peripheral
equipment and ensures proper set-up.
• Disassemble systems and networks and relocate as required.
• Effectively communicate user errors and explain steps to avoid similar problems in the future.
• Provide demonstrations and hands-on training on computer related topics.
• Provide telephone support to user*s questions.
• Perform preventive maintenance as needed.
• Advise and train on-site personnel in proper maintenance procedures.
• Assist in planning for both new and replacement equipment and software purchases.
• Perform other project duties as assigned.
Network Support Engineer (June 2009 – November 2010)
Emerio Philippines, Inc. – A leading consulting and IT services company headquartered in Singapore. (Deployed for Hewlett Packard Philippines – Project Everest)
• Perform network support role in managing deliverables for network tower towards SLA deliverable and interface to Account Delivery Manager
• Performing the LAN & WLAN management, such as preparing connectivity between PCs, workstations, servers, and other network devices
• Performing the network related incident and change management.
• Perform firewalls administration.
• Network devices and WAN links capacity planning & performance management.
• Review current documentation and work with consultants to update these proposals for missing portion, e.g. access list
• Review current IT infrastructure access with the various teams.
• Manage and Maintain internetworking devices like routers, switches, Proxy server, and other IT equipment like wireless
devices and VPN concentrators.
• Coordinate & perform upgrade/update of Cisco IOS, Proxy OS, Packet Shaper OS, Wireless device’s firmware, and etc.
• Keep track of inventory of all existing networking equipment like the labelling, warranties, and etc.
• Prepare and update technical documentation, network (physical and logical) diagram, reports and Standard Operation
Procedures & inventory listing
• Participate in mini-projects related to, for e.g., sourcing for the right capacity router or switch
• Perform 7x 24 hours standby duties when assigned
• Work after-offices hour to support network outage or other activities related to networking issues
• Management and operation of access concentrators including routine and critical service / patch maintenance
• Preparing the network, firewall and VPN access usage report
• Escalate the WAN related incident/ problem to respective subscribed service provider.
• Assisting WAN provider troubleshoot the connectivity problem on the WAN router.
• Periodically backup configurations file and restore them as require.
• Liaise with the WAN service provider in generating the bandwidth utilization report.
• RADIUS/ TACACS authentication server management.
• Managing routing tables and access list.
• Report about WAN traffic increase towards critical thresholds.
• Provide network diagrams showing IP addresses, circuit information, vendor information, and LAN interfaces
• Escalate the hardware or software related issue to the maintenance contract vendor and monitor till problem resolution.
• Performing the configuration management
• Responding to the change, problem and incident management
• Develop/maintain software distribution scripts if applicable.
• Regular review and consultation on scripting requirements and implementation.
• Patch management includes the identification, testing, tracking, scheduling, and implementation of application service patches, bug fixes, or enhancements
Perform IT Disaster Recovery exercises.
• Regularly review the publicly available software and hardware release patch list for potential implementation and/or
resolution to system issues
• Preparation of business scorecard / reports and share with the ADM/SDM and/or SM how the service is meeting SLA
• Perform other project duties as assigned
Network Supervisor (February 2008 – June 2009) NewBreed Agile Solutions Inc.
– Develop, design and implement enterprise communication systems to support the technical and administrative activities of the company; utilizing broad expertise and wide-ranging experience in developing strategic, best of breed solutions. Provide technical expertise in solving technical client issues, often under time constraints. Assist the Project Manager in completing project tasks and working harmoniously with the Technical Supervisor whose implementing the technology to client business issues, such as: network design, implementation and best practice reviews. Researching new technology and analyzing risks and benefits of applying that technology within the company and our clients’ mission-critical environments. Oversees the operation of the company’s voice and data networks; LAN, WAN, WLAN etc. Provide leadership and guidance to junior staff. Complete any task that the company may assign that requires technical expertise.
Senior Technical Support – Supervisor Level (March 2006 – January 2008) CBN Asia, Inc. (Producer of The 700 Club)
– Responsible for Servers monitoring and support such as Domain, Active Directory, Portal, Video streaming, hosted mail servers, Linux and windows platforms, monitoring the network stability, supervised technical staff for in-house technical support, acting technical support for video editors, coordinator for internet application and provide research for the future IT needs of the company, remotely access through terminal services of other affiliated companies for server updates and maintenance.
System Administrator (September 2004 – November 2005) nStream Gateway Sdn. Bhd. (Malaysia)
– Provide technical support for all users of the company, provide online and offline support for VoIP products, authorized remotely accessed via terminal services or any other third party remote tools of all hosted servers for day to day monitoring and updates. Accommodate all walk-in users of VoIP products for technical assistance. Maintaining the domain, active directory, web and mail server inside the office.
Network Administrator (March 2003 – July 2004) Miles and Loops International
– Backup technical support for developers while developing from the actual servers, responsible for remotely accessed the Symantec Velociraptor Appliance for firmware updates and configuring firewall rules, maintain and monitor the web servers running on windows 2003 and .Net also the mail servers running windows 2000 and 3rd party mail server applications via terminal services, in house technical support for 25 users, provide network analysis and design using Microsoft Visio for companies network equipment upgrades.
Technical Support Staff (August 2000 – January 2003) CBN Asia, Inc. (Producer of The 700 Club)
– Maintaining the file server and backup server running windows NT and ms proxy server 2.0, monitoring and updates of centralized antivirus, provide technical support for a hundreds of workstation, created a dial-up access for other affiliated companies to connect to the servers as well as to have an internet access, directly reports to the IT Manager, doing the task in minimum supervision.
Senior Technical Support Engineer (October 1998 – August 2000) NetQuest Systems Co.
– Supervised and preparing technical support staff for servicing client that has been scheduled, provide network cabling, installing PABX systems (Siemens), Red Hat Linux installation for schools, private companies and also government clients, assisting MIS Manager for planning and preparing of proposed projects, provide technical assistant to the company manager.
• University of Batangas – Graduate of Electronic Computer Technology – 1996-1998
• Pablo Borbon Memorial Institute of Technology – Graduate of Electronics Technology – 1994-1995
• University of Batangas – High School – 1990-1994
• Ability to communicate technical information to non-technical personnel.
• Knowledge of current technological developments/trends in area of expertise.
• Knowledge of data security and disaster recovery systems and procedures.
• Knowledge of a range of network systems, protocols, and applications.
• Knowledge and understanding of WAN and LAN administration in a secure environment.
• Ability to determine computer problems and to coordinate hardware and/or software solutions.
• Knowledge of systems security protocol, policies, and procedures.
• Knowledge of a broad range of relevant multi-user computer systems, applications, and/or equipment.
• Knowledge of systems growth analysis and capacity planning processes and techniques.
• Knowledge of cost analysis and budgeting procedures.
• Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
• Ability to plan, implements, test, and troubleshoot system software and hardware.
• Knowledge of computer site licensure regulations and requirements.
• Ability to lead assigned staff including prioritizing and scheduling work assignments.
• Knowledge in Networking Infrastructure (TC/IP Networking, Structured Network Cabling, VPN, VoIP, LAN, WAN, Cisco Routers, Cisco Switches and any other manageable Switches)
• Operating Systems (All Windows Platforms and Other Linux Flavors)
• Centralized Antivirus System (e.g. Symantec Antivirus Corp. Edition, McAfee, AVG etc.)
• Disaster Recovery and Backup System.
• Knowledge in TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, Active Directory, routers and switches.
• Administration and maintenance of data and voice network infrastructure.
• Administration and maintenance of WAN and LAN network infrastructure. (e.g. Cisco and HP ProCurve Routers and Switches,
Symantec Velociraptor 1310 VPN/Firewall, 3Com Firewall, Juniper Firewall and Fortigate)
• Software’s (Microsoft Exchange Server, Microsoft Office, Open Office, Adobe Applications, Macromedia Applications, Corel Draw, Kerio Mail Server, Merak Mail Server etc.)
• Hardware peripherals (video cards, LAN cards, sound cards, USB cards, External Storage, Sun Storage etc.).
• Knowledge in Audio and Video converting (MP3 to WAV vice-versa and DVD to VCD vice versa).
• Knowledge in deployment of Online and Live Video and Audio Streaming.
Knowledge in ISMS Implementation (ISO/IEC 27001:2013) Knowledge in ITIL process
Knowledge in SSAE-18 process
I hereby certify that the aforementioned information are true and correct in my best knowledge and belief.
Dennis G. Tidon