Dr. Amit Awasthi-Assistant Professor in Physics
Postdoc, Ph.D., M.Sc. Physics with ~10 years’ experience in teaching-Physics/Research-Environmental Sciences
Contact No.: 09592928886 / E-Mail:[email protected] / Skype ID: awasthitiet
Doctorate of Philosophy with more than 9 years of professional experience in the area of Research & Development, Teaching and allied functions with reputed Educational Institutions and Universities. Presently associated with GTB Dasuya, Affiliated to Panjab University as Assistant Professor (Physics). Published Four books and fourteen research papers in SCI reputed Journals of Atmospheric/ Environment Sciences with total Impact factor 32.76 and citation 227. Merit of receiving International Fellowship from National Science Council-Taiwan as Postdoc Fellow; got it initially for one year which was later extended for another year, basis showcasing outstanding performance hence gain two year Postdoc Experience from Taiwan. Strong acumen in managing Research and Teaching functions; demonstrated excellence in developing curriculum to accommodate different learning styles & maximizing students’ comprehension. An accomplished professional with strong interpersonal skills & ability to relate to teachers/students at all levels; possesses stupendous skills for mentoring, guiding & controlling staff members, teachers and students. Offering Research experience in the area of Atmospheric / Environment Sciences, Aerosol Physics, Aerosol Measurements and its Technology development, Air Monitoring and Exposure Studies, Aerosol Physical Properties and Climate Change.
Education and Domain Skills
Doctorate of Philosophy on the topic “Study of human respiratory functions in relation to crop residue burning” from Thapar University, Patiala in 2011.
Master of Science in Physics from Thapar University Patiala in 2006 with 72.3 %.
Bachelor of Science (Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry) from HP University Shimla in 2004 with 76.3 %.
Teaching Exposure: Insightful exposure of teaching:
o Quantum Physics, Mathematical Physics and Nuclear Physics to M.Sc. students for two semesters.
o Applied Physics and Engineering Physics to Diploma and B.Tech. Students for two semesters.
o Electricity & Magnetism, Quantum Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, Nuclear Physics, Atomic and Molecular Physics to B.Sc. students for four semesters.
Publications: Holds the distinction of publishing:
o Three Physics Text Books and One Research Book
o Fourteen Research Publications with impact factor of 32.76 and 213 citations (Google Scholar).
Career Contour (~10 years’ experience in teaching-Physics/research-Environmental Sciences)
· August 2014 to present with GTB Dasuya, Affiliated to Panjab University, Chandigarh as Assistant Professor (Physics)
· September 2013-Jun 2014 with Sant Longowal Institute of Engineering & Technology, Sangrur (Deemed to be a University) as Assistant Professor (Physics)
· Sep 2011-July 2013 with Institute of Environmental Engineering, National Chiao Tung University, Hsinchu, Taiwan as Post doc fellow
· Dec 2010-Sep 2011 with Radio and Atmospheric Sciences divison, National Physical Laboratory, New Delhi as Project Assistant Level-III
· Aug 2006-Jun 2010 with Thapar University, Patiala as Junior Research Fellow
Teaching & Allied operations
· Facilitated the under-graduate Science students on various subjects including Electricity & Magnetism, Quantum Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed Matter Physics, etc.
· Led curriculum planning, professional development and implementation of educational programs.
· Taught subjects like Mathematical Physics, Quantum Physics, Nuclear Physics, Applied Physics to the students pursuing Diploma, Masters and B.Tech.
· Reviewed the pre set educational goals, objectives & classroom instructional programs, establishing academic and other performance objectives.
1. Amit Awasthi (January 2016). Quantum Physics, Unistar Chandigarh-India, ISBN: 978-93-5113-7184.
2. Amit Awasthi (November 2015). Electricity and Magnetism-II, Unistar Chandigarh-India, ISBN: 978-93-5113-7047.
3. Amit Awasthi (July 2015). Electricity and Magnetism. Unistar Chandigarh- India, ISBN: 978-93-5113-6576.
4. Amit Awasthi, (January 2015). “Aerosol &Spirometric Measurements: Impact of crop residue burning; Size & Mass distribution of RSPM; its impact on respiratory parameters of healthy subjects due to crop residue burning “LAP Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany, , ISBN: 978-3-659-67029-9
PhD in the area of atmospheric/Environmental Sciences. Topic of my PhD study is “Study of human respiratory functions in relation to crop residue burning” I’ve published 10 papers in this work.
Did Master in Physics
Did Bachelor in Science (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics)
Teaching-cum-Research: Subject Taught Electricity & magnetism, Quantum Physics, Nuclear Physics, Condensed matter Physics to under- graduate Science Students
Teaching-cum-Research: Subject Taught Mathematical Physics, Quantum Physics, Applied Physics to Master, B.Tech & Diploma Students.
Research: Research in Aerosol Measurement and Technology Development Project handle “Development of Micro-orifice cascade Impactor” and “The effects of humidity and artifacts on the accuracy of manual PM Sampler”
Research: Data extraction from Precis Handel Government Aided Project “Preparation of energy sector GHG emission inventory and assessment of heat stress vulnerability under future climate scenarios in India”
Research cum Study: Collection, analysis and interpretation of Data in Government DST sponsored project “Impact of aerosols and gaseous pollutants in ambient air on physiological parameters of human health due to agriculture crop residue burning in and around Patiala”