Eduardo C. Chua
2-37 Appleblossom St., Capitol Hills Exec. Subd., Trece Martires City, Cavite,
Philippines, zip code 4109
Cellphone # +(63)-917-406-5314 +(63)-917-576-2132
Email address: [email protected]
OBJECTIVES: To be able to hold a career that will broaden my skills and make use of my knowledge as an Electronics and Communications Engineering and apply it for the benefit of the company.
1. Engineering Supervisor (RD&E) May 2014 – Present
B/E AEROSPACE PHILIPPINES
· Plans and supervises the work of a staff of professional mechanical and electrical engineers to accomplish specific engineering work. Supports both the PH Production organization and the NIE Engineering organization.
· Directs work assignments, scheduling and reviews of work in progress. Generates progress reports.
· Generates and improves department instructions and work instructions.
· Preferably provides Solid Model design and 2D Drawings of galley insert product parts and assemblies.
· Provides technical input to the Supply Chain and QA departments.
· Specify, design, define and standardize materials and components for galley insert products.
· Generate, check and verify component specifications, design specifications and engineering drawings.
· Provides technical input during the FAI, 8D.
· Assessing ECOs and NCRs, providing technical disposition support to Non Conform parts and providing technical input to the Engineering Work Order/ Engineering Change Order.
· Technical support for the manufacturing and maintenance of tools, jigs, fixtures for Production and Customer Service.
· Troubleshoot and perform root cause failure analysis on mechanical and electrical subsystems and components.
· Perform testing and investigations for the verification of the design.
· Perform Stack-Up Tolerance Analysis to check the associations of galley insert product parts.
2. Design Engineer (Freelance Designer) Apr 2013 – Apr 2014
· Design boards for the following applications:
o Socket Board, Socket adaptor, Tester Interface board
o DUT Test board, Burn-In Board, Evaluation board
o Test Jigs, Final Test Adaptor, Failure Analysis Board
· Provide PCB Technical support to Sub-Con Companies.
3. D2 Site Manager / Senior PCB Designer Oct 2011 – Apr 2013
KES Systems & Service (1993) PTE LTD
· Create project schedule for all design engineer’s loading.
· Create and update office equipment maintenance schedule
· Weekly report to SG-PD Manager for WIP progress
· Introduce monitoring to trace the MUDA (wasteful activity)
· Improve Design Lead Time by proper turn over in between shift.
· Train Design Engineer in Board Fabrication capabilities (DFM)
· Burn-In Boards: LCBI,SH2, Legacy, HAST
· Trainers for new recruits
4. Section-In-Charge / Senior Design Engineer ( PCB Department) May 2000 – Oct 2011
Rohm Electronics Phils., Inc.
· Knowledgeable in the operation of PCB CAD Software, PADS, CAM350
· Issue quotation to Japan office for each project, design and develop.
· Schedule projects for PCB designers.
· Quality, Cost and Delivery monitoring and checking.
· Plan – Do – Check – Action, management control.
· Start up a PCB design section to accommodate the company design requirement.
· Provide hiring, training, and evaluation for the PCB Department.
· Improve Quality control index for PCB design through ANDON.
· Centralized Schematic updates Library for local and overseas factories.
· Facilitate the start-up technical design meeting for special jobs.
· Create and maintain PADS library for common use.
5. Technical Consultant (M/C upgrade and Improvement) Feb 1997 to May 2000
Baltimore Spice Phils., Inc.
· Increase machine efficiency by converting into semi automation and full automation spice handling and grinding process
· Conceptualize ideas, planning of schedule, process flow design, machine interface, material sourcing, fabrication, constructor, installation and commissioning.
· Machine programming, PLCC programming, slow start 3phase motor, Line balance maintenance.
6. PCB Development ( PCB Design and Fabricate) May 1993 to Dec 1996
MK Screen, Inc.
· Develop and fabricate all Printed Circuit board requirements for Research and Development Department .
· Assembly and testing for all sub-boards for 6KVA UPS, Induction Heater for annealing wire, CNC controlled Drill and etching machine.
· Board level troubleshooting, and component level trouble shooting.
· Provide support for Senior Designer in making Prototype equipment.
7. PCB Design Engineer ( PCB Layout Staff) Apr 1991 to Apr 1993
CIBI-ARDY Phils. Inc.
· Offshore support team for mother company NMI, Dallas, Texas.
· PCB Layout for all NMI custom board controllers.
· Provide PCB Layout support for all NMI US-based customers.
· Can use different PCB Layout software to meet customer requirements; P-CAD, PADs, Tango, OrCAD.
· Transfer Digi-Keys Catalog to user base Library for any PCB software platform.
· Experience in Digital, Analog, Micro controllers, Laptop, microware Layout restrictions.
8. Shop Machinist Jun 1985 to Nov 1990
Metrogold Machine shop
· Daytime working and night time student.
· Able to operate many types of Shop machine: Lathe, Milling, Plane Machine, Radial Drill, small and large power tools.
· Learn to operate arc and argon welding machine and acetylene torch.
· Make parts and assemble Plastic extrusion machine and Molding Machines for Plastic grocery bag.
· Design and create spur and helix gear for gearbox assembly.
Bachelor degree: Major in Electronic and Communication Engineering
Graduation Date: Oct -1990
Institute / University: Mapua Institute of Technology
Located In: Intramuros, Manila, Philippines
Age: 48 years
Marital Status: Married
Permanent Residence: Philippines
Date of Birth: 28 Aug 1968
· Electronic Enthusiast
· Computer Literate
· AutoCAD, P-CAD, PADS, Cadence, OrCAD, CAM350, NX
· Computer hardware and software Maintenance and repair.
· LAN setup and installation
· Supervise and Manage Jobs schedule
· Can work in a multi cultural environment
· Root cause Analysis and 8D, six sigma
· Knowledgeable in ISO9000/AS9001
· Electronic gadget repair
· Can operate Machine shop Equipment; Lathe, Planner, Milling, Drills
· Can do arc welding, tig-weld, Mig-weld, torch weld.