To whom it may concern:
Thank you for reading my resume. I am very interested in working as a cashier at Walmart. As a university student, I have very flexible hours from May until September. I will also be available for part-time work throughout the school year. Although I do not have direct experience with this specific job, I have learned many applicable skills through my previous work experience. The responsibilities that are often involved with jobs of this nature are all areas in which I am confident and well-trained. I would love to work at The Cellar, and I hope you will take the time to look over my resume.
I believe I would be good for this job because I am organized, efficient, and a quick learner. Additionally, I am extremely self-disciplined. This has been ingrained in me through many years of ballet training. My high school co-op position gave me experience assisting others in a friendly and professional manner, while my recent job at Tim Hortons improved my teamwork skills. Strong communication and interpersonal skills were developed through my job as an assistant water safety instructor. I am reliable and can work independently, as demonstrated by my recent job at Jolley’s Farm Toys, where I managed the store on my own for long hours. Finally, most of my previous jobs were in customer service, so I am well-equipped to help and serve customers. These traits make me a great candidate for this position.
As a member of the Centre Wellington community, I am excited to serve and work alongside other residents. I would appreciate the opportunity to work at Walmart. You can contact me at (226) 384-9143 or [email protected] if you have any questions. Thank you for reading this, and I look forward to talking to you.
Currently completing a bachelor’s degree in Psychology
• Worked quickly to meet rush demands
• Handled cash and product marketing
• Refined customer service skills
• Worked in a team environment
• Met quality standards without falling behind on work
• Managed store on my own
• Took charge of customer service
• Handled online orders and inventory
• Cleaned and restocked shelves
• Dealt with tabs and transactions
• Used Excel and Quickbooks for accounting
• Organized files and mail
• Paid bills, wrote cheques, and balanced chequebooks
● Worked alongside other people
● Refined documentation and computer skills
● Used self-discipline and time management skills to complete independent tasks
● Used communication skills to teach young children
● Worked alongside other instructors in a team environment