Brampton, ON L7A 0V9
[email protected] 416.473.6017 www.linkedin.com/in/ElizabethTello1202/
Human Resources (HR) Coordinator / CHRP Candidate
Trusted Confidante | First Point of Contact | Expert Disability Administrator
Management support professional with superior leadership, decision-making, and analytical skills. Work in fast-paced environment with technology applications knowledge and interest in continuous learning and opportunities for personal and professional growth. Proactive and take initiative, eliminating possible issues and solving problems.
Display tact and discretion in confidential matters. Proven collaborator, leveraging strong interpersonal and communications skills in building coalitions across organizational lines. Adapt easily to changes in priorities, seamlessly managing multiple assignments simultaneously. Excellent follow-through skills ensure meticulous attention to detail. Proficient with:
Human Resource Information Systems (PeopleSoft, Kronos) | Microsoft Office
SYMCOR INC., Toronto, ON 2012 – 2017
· Liaised, monitored, and tracked disability status and leaves by following up with disability management / disability vendors.
· Collaborated with management and advisors, monitoring cases in emergency medical situations.
· Provided specific client group HR support, advising and managing ongoing effectiveness of corporate policies and programs, including compensation, performance management, job mandate / evaluation, pension, and benefits.
· Provided guidance to management and employees, ensuring fair and equitable application of HR policies and programs.
· Assists with recruitment including coordination of job postings, screening resumes, phone screens, in person interviews and preparing employment offers.
· Assisted business units with organizational changes, including mandates, moves, and promotions / grade changes, achieving expected timelines with smooth transitions.
· Supports the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures.
· Administered job share review and worked with the compensation group for the annual incentive and merit review process.
· First point of contact for all HR inquiries.
· Supported IP Executive by providing monthly termination and agency hours report.
· Managed maternity and paternity leave process across the region.
· Managed Kronos sign off on a weekly basis to ensure all timecard are balanced and signed off.
· Basic administrative duties relating to presentations, benefits administration, etc.
· Supports HR manager with HR programs and projects.
· Member of health of safety committee, performed monthly inspection to ensure safety in workplace.
· Member of social committee, performed planning for company’s event in regular basis.
CIBC, Toronto, ON 2008 – 2012
Analysed and processed client email / phone requests. Worked with other team members, when needed, to ensure accuracy of information and adhere to payroll deadlines.
· Acted as liaison between clients and Electronic Data System (EDS), investigating and escalating payroll-related issues in timely and effective manner.
· Performed internal control, using checklists, ensuring transactions were processed accurately and complying with policies and Human Resources Direct Access Service Teams’ (HRDA) procedures.
· Reviewed and analyzed issues, identified trends, and presented to management, making recommendations for process changes and partnering with team members delivering client education.
· Operated according to privacy act guidelines, maintaining security and confidentiality of data information.
· Processed large volume of HR requests, meeting service level agreements with no errors.
· Troubleshot problems in urgent situations, delivering results with speed and accuracy.
· Resolved necessary payroll inquiries as required.
· Worked with clients, gathering / clarifying or validating received information prior to processing requests.
· Ensured effective and timely follow-up, providing quick resolution for requests and issues.
· Maintained effective working relationships with clients by enforcing deadlines and complying with processes.
· Worked with high degree of accuracy, eliminating employee and organization monetary impact errors.
· Ensured peer reviews were performed accurately, using personal judgment on issues needing escalation, and raising issues with colleagues and supervisors for corrective action.
MANPOWER, Toronto, ON
HR Coordinator (Contract CIBC)
TEKNION, Toronto, ON
MOF COMPANY (SUBIC), INC., Philippines
Personnel and Payroll Administrator
· Prepare and post job vacancy internally and externally.
· Liaise with department managers and outside agencies for coordinated interviews.
· Responsible for upgrading employee’s salaries based on the prevailing minimum wage rate that are assigned in different provinces/sites.
· Provide general advice regarding corporate compensation and job evaluation practices.
· Review employees’ performance for promotion.
· Attend to employees’ request concerning benefits.
· Process all employee claims to Social Security System, Home Development Mutual Fund & Phil Health.
· Maintain and update 201 files (personnel files) of all employees (including executive files) ensuring that all requirements are complete from day one of employment up to redeployment and/or termination day.
· Analyze total monthly payroll, overtime and any variances in amounts.
· Reconcile annual earnings, (withholding tax) for submission to Bureau of Internal Revenue.
· Ensure timely completion of semi-monthly payroll for more than 250 employees & transmittal of corresponding diskette to the bank for deposits.
· Replicate monthly request for payment to government & other agencies in compliance with government reportorial.
· Reconcile advances to employees (Account Receivables on a monthly basis).
· Process sales invoices regarding billing to clients.
THOMSON AUDIO PHILIPPINES, Philippines
VON ROSS GENERAL SERVICES, Philippines
– Master of Business Administration (MBA), Columban College, Philippines
– Bachelor of Office Administration (BOA), Polytechnic University of the Philippines, Philippines
– Certificate, Human Resources Management, George Brown College, Toronto, ON
– Seminar on Annualized Withholding Tax (Year-end Adjustment)
– Substituted Filing of Income Tax (Bureau of Internal Revenue Form 1700)
– Briefing on Electronic Filing & Payment System
– Taxpayer’s Briefing
– New Implementing Guidelines of Social Security System, (Module III)
– The National Health Insurance Program (Philhealth) (Module I)
– People Soft, Kronos & Microsoft Applications