Eric M. Calica
Contact No: +971557730357
Email: [email protected]
22nd Street Al Rigga, Dubai
An Industrial Engineer Proficient in Aerospace/Manufacturing/Production environment ensuring smooth turn-around time of parts produced without compromising quality, cost and delivery. A Goal-oriented Individual with strong leadership capabilities, had a solid working experience being a Lead Senior Assembly and Test Technician. Had the added experience of being chosen for an offshore assignment to transfer newly designed product. Lead a number of assemblers and test technicians in everyday production activities and cover the position of the Line Supervisor, Process Engineer, and Quality Engineer.
• Manufacturing / Production
• Team Leadership
• Assembly and Test
• Technical and Industrial Competency
• Lean Manufacturing
• Process Engineering
• Cable Harness Assembly
• Quality Assurance / Quality Inspection
Lead Senior Supporting Systems Technician December 2016 – Present
• Went to UK to acquire knowledge and transfer a newly designed program to Rockford-Xellerix LLC
• Certified IPC Specialist.
• Covers the position of supervisor in the production line.
• Covers the position of process engineer in the production line.
• Covers the position of quality engineer in the production line.
• Covers the position of logistics coordinator.
• Covers the position of quality inspector/auditor in the production.
• Created manufacturing instructions and/or work instructions used in the production line.
• Created control sheets used in the production line.
• Created routing sheets used in the production line.
• Spearheaded PPAP cable harness assemblies for aircraft and military vehicles.
• Lead a number of technicians for military vehicle and aircraft cable harness assembly.
• Asses and interviews applicants for technician/assembler position.
• Trained newly hired technicians.
Senior Assembly and Test Technician July 2011 – May 2016
MOOG Controls Corporation
• Sound knowledge in assembly of commercial and industrial Servo-actuator valves, Rotary Actuators, Leading Edge Rotary Actuators, Trailing Edge Rotary Actuators, Inboard Actuators, Outboard Actuators and utilizing a variety of mechanical measuring equipment during assembly such as dial indicators, calipers and precision measuring instruments to meet tight tolerances. Worked in coordination with the Product Engineering in the innovation, try-out, and formalization of improved assembly procedures.
• Went to Torrance California MOOG Design Center to acquire knowledge and transfer a newly designed program of A350 Airbus to MOOG Controls Philippine Branch and trained technicians about the new program.
• Spearheaded 4 projects to minimize cost and maximize profit using methods and tools from Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma which produced significant and sustainable savings.
• Lead a number of Assembly Technicians and Test Technicians to meet production timeline.
• Coordinated with Manufacturing Manager, Production Planning team, Engineering team, and Quality team to meet real-time customer demand and requirements.
• Assisted Engineers in troubleshooting Test Rig/Equipment problems and suggested possible solutions.
• Performed various test operations on production or repair mechanical or hydraulic actuators using necessary hydraulic, mechanical and electronic test equipment, fixtures and tools. Diagnosed common test failures and recommended or performed rework to correct discrepancies.
Assembly Technician July 2007 – June 2009
MOOG Controls Corporation
• Assured proper assembly build requirements, by utilizing torque wrenches, assembly fixtures, gages, and other various types of hand tools. Ensured high quality standards through assembly drawings, worksheets, part lists, engineering orders (EP’s and EI’s), and other authorized instructions, both written and oral.
• Performed cleaning of components to high cleanliness levels. Accomplished product documentation requirements. Maintained traceability records, and configuration records on controlled programs.
• Trained newly hired Assembly Technicians / Audit Operators to cover theoretical concepts, and in the acquisition of assembly skills and techniques.
Bachelor of Science in Industrial Engineering June 1999 – May 2006
Saint Louis University
Baguio City Philippines
IPC Certification January 2017
Human Factors Training February 23, 2016
Coaching Training February 20, 2014
Leadership Training January 18, 2014
Torque Process and Measurement June 30, 2012
Statistical Process Control March 29, 2012
Touch-up Chemical Conversion July 20, 2011
Assembly and Test Audit Operator Training June 30, 2011
Manufacturing Metrology June 29, 2011
Trade Secrets December 16, 2008
Ergonomics August 11, 2008
Rotational Leadership June 24-28, 2008
AS9100 April 11, 2008
Soldering January 11-12, 2008
Crimping September 13, 2007
Cleaner Production and IE Certification September 1, 2007
Core Manufacturing Competencies Development Course March 17 – June 8, 2007
Six Sigma September 20, 2005
Approaches to People Empowerment September 20, 2005