ERIK M. DE VERA
44 Tomas Benitez St., West Triangle, Quezon City Philippines
Took up units of Masters of Science in Information Management from Ateneo De Manila University. Obtained diploma in continuing education from ADMU in Leadership and Management Development Program (LMDP). Experienced IT professional with extensive exposure to retail and manufacturing industries, with roles ranging from Project Management, Operations Management, Sales, to Business Management. With Process Quality, IT Service Management, and hardware technology backgrounds such as Six Sigma, ITIL and EMC Storage. Possesses strong leadership skills and desire to accept new challenges. Goal-oriented, outstanding attention to detail, and great motivator.
CERTIFICATION and TRAININGS
Six Sigma Green Belt training, ITIL Service Management Foundation, EMC Technology Foundation
Jan 2015 – Present
Prime Creative Dimensione Inc.
· A local corporation catering to high-end bespoke furniture and related items. With current brand names HomeMatters, CustHome, and Elitista.
· Responsible for company’s profitability; Reviews FS, P&L, budget vs actuals, manages company funds, and ensures company extracts the best value out of materials, equipment, space, and labor.
· Discusses and executes actions in support to company’s financials, contract terms, supplier agreements, bank requirements, material specs, etc.
· Handles all project costings and estimates, including price negotiations with suppliers and lessors.
· Oversees administration, technology and operations of the entire organization for all activities, from project conception, to project execution, to delivery.
· Drives operational efficiency and process improvement initiatives.
· Identifies and discusses company roadmaps with all departments.
· Meets with clients and suppliers, performs market analyses, and discusses potential business opportunities for current and possible future product offerings.
May 2009 – Dec 2014
EuroAsia Marble and Granite, Inc.
Operations and IT Head, Consultant
• Was responsible for team’s operational efficiency, accuracy, and on-time completions of structure designs, estimates, and onsite project implementations.
• Was responsible for infrastructure maintenance, performance evaluation and career roadmaps.
• Worked with owners and other department heads in planning, designing, implementing, and monitoring corporate policies, defining processes, and leading process improvement initiatives.
• Was in charge of IT roadmap, process automations and documentations, IT security, IT service supplier and vendor coordination, and contract reviews.
• Liaised with QS department, sales and support groups in delivering services to internal and external customers, and guides direct reports to resolve urgent issues, identify solutions and implement actions.
December 2007 – March 2009
TELUS International Philippines (TIP)
Unit Manager, AMITS-IT Outsourcing Services
• Administratively and operationally managed overall performance and delivery of BPO-ITES services using ITIL framework to TELUS Canada. Services included: Database Administration, ITIL focused Problem and Change Management, Request Management, Asset Management, Software Packaging, Unix Sysad support, and Content Management.
• Functioned as an extension of TELUS Canada IT services, providing round the clock support to TELUS Canada clients.
• Performed as the Single-Point-of-Contact (SPOC) for TELUS, management and support groups for all matters concerning the service delivery.
• Reviewed and monitored SLAs, KPIs, service delivery issues, and updates, in support to TELUS’ service commitments to TELUS clients.
• Planned and coordinated with HR and TELUS Canada counterparts on career developments, recruitments, trainings, and other related matters.
· Discussed performance, career growth and plans with each team member using company’s performance management tool.
· Managed program’s financials; P&L, budget, and sales forecast.
• Liaised with different support groups, escalated issues, and recommended solutions.
• Recommended potential business opportunities to Executive Management.
October 2005 – November 2007
Equicom Systems Management, Inc. (ESM)
Unit Manager – Offshore Assist Services
• Same role and responsibilities as above.
December 2003 – October 2005
Senior Operations Manager
· Responsible for overall profitability and delivery of ESM’s ITES services namely, Application Management, Contact Center, EMC Professional Services, Infrastructure Management and Document Processing.
· Worked closely with service managers, support resources, and vendors to ensure customer satisfaction and operational efficiency.
· Together with Finance and Sales, worked and managed the organization’s financials; P&L, budget, and sales forecast.
· Worked as escalation point for issues in each business unit and recommended resolution to executive management.
· Met and discussed issues and updates with customers as required.
· Recommended potential business opportunities to Executive Management.
· Reported to the General Manager and EVP.
Enterprise Process Group Head
· Reviewed and approved processes and documents relating to the CMMI process maturity initiatives of the organization.
· Discussed issues, ensured progress, and worked with Quality Assurance/EPG team to instill quality in the workplace.
· Coordinated CMMI issues, developments, and requirements with the CMMI partner.
· Participated in the Project Progress Review of all projects as member of management steering committee.
January 2002 – December 2003
Professional Services Consultant / Project Manager for EMC projects
· Managed EMC implementations and migration projects using EMC Project Methodology.
· Ensured smooth progress in all phases of the project based on Statement of Work.
· Coordinated with the client and partners for the critical tasks at hand and reported progress regularly.
· Supported internal teams in scoping and technical solution identification.
January 1998 – January 2002
Manager, Document Processing Services
· Managed the Document Processing Center’s 24-hour, 7-day a week Host-to-Post operations with a team of eleven (11) people.
· Developed document applications using DOC1 for various critical documents such as Statement of Accounts, Suspension letters, Collection letters etc.
· Also involved in other application development projects as project leader or project supervisor using Visual Basic, MS SQL, and MS Access.
February 1997 – December 1997
Equitable Computer Services, Inc. (Equicom)
· Assisted in Manpower management for application development projects.
· Included in a Client/Server team for development of ECN Call Center application using Visual Basic 5.0 and MS SQL 6.5.
September 1996 – January 1997
Supervisor / Applications Specialist
January 1996 – August 1996
Supervisor / Marketing Assistant
June 1992 – December 1995
April 2006 – July 2006, Ateneo CCE (Centre for Continuing Education)
· Diploma in Leadership and Management Development Program (LMDP). Batch 23
1988 – 1992, AMA Computer University
· Bachelor of Science in Computer Science
· With units in Masters of Science in Information Management
Ateneo dela Costa, Makati (1996-1997)
1984 – 1988 Claret School of Quezon City
1976 – 1984 Claret School of Quezon City
OTHER TECHNOLOGY and TOOLS
Well versed in Storage Systems, Storage Software, and related technologies. Proficient in Microsoft Office products, Adobe Acrobat suite, and a variety of graphics/multi-media software such as Sony Vegas, Photoshop and CorelDraw. Familiar with AutoCAD, Bricscad, Sketchup, as well as Forms and Document Development utilities such as DOC1 and FormScape.