Box 368 Dugald, MB • R0E 0K0
Cell: 204-955-8199 • E-mail: [email protected]
• I have acquired over 25 years of progressively responsible administrative experience in the Financial and Medical industries and have achieved excellent performance in all academics
• Proficient in: MS Office, (Word, Excel, Publisher, Visio, Power Point, Adobe Acrobat Pro DC and Outlook) and have achieved sound keyboarding skills
• Nominated for the Individual Service of Excellence Award at the (WCB) – 2008 & 2009
• Highly personable, professional and diplomatic in all customer relations and service driven
• Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and work as a team player or independently, complimented by excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to handle criticism and diffuse confrontational situations
• Extremely organized, efficient, accurate, confidant and thorough
• Resourceful problem-solving skills with keen ability to analyze, identify issues, needs and solutions
• Thrive in a demanding, fast-paced environment with multiple priorities
• Committed to continuous learning and acquiring knowledge to enhance performance and growth.
• Skilled in educating others as proven by experience in training new and existing personnel in all administrative functions
• Sound analytical and decision-making skills with application to policies, procedures and regulations
Stevenson Cushman Wakefield Property Management – Executive Assistant – Term Position March – June 6, 2018
• Responsible for providing high-level Executive Assistant support to the President & CEO and VP’s of Stevenson Cushman & Wakefield Property Management
Responsible for managing the Executive’s calendar, including the scheduling of, and preparation of materials for, meetings, appointments and conference calls. Coordinate events, travel and expense statements. Maintain filing system, proposal preparation – Format, editing, binding, Credit card reconciliation. Working closely with outside lawyers on various forms for completion
Amenity Health Care – Executive Assistant – November, 2018 – February, 2018
• Responsible for providing high-level Executive Assistant support to the President & CEO and CFO of Amenity Health Care
Responsible for managing the Executive’s calendar, including the scheduling of, and preparation of materials for, meetings, appointments and conference calls. Coordinate events, travel and expense statements. Maintain filing system, proposal preparation. Format, editing, Credit card reconciliation. Work closely with outside lawyers on various forms for completion
STARS – Shock Trauma Air Rescue Society – Base Administrator • March 2013 – 2017
• Responsible for providing high-level administrative support to the VP of Operations and the Base Director. Assisting the Base Director in all aspects of operations; ensuring effective and efficient operations at the STARS Winnipeg Base.
• Administrative Duties: Event management – fundraising & social events. Prepare agendas, meeting minutes, ordering supplies & courier services • Word processing – Preparing, formatting & proofreading office reports and correspondence •Reconciliation of 7 company MasterCard statements for payment, invoice preparation and follow-up, monitoring and processing expense claims, coordinate all travel arrangements (airfare, hotel & car rental) scheduling, coordinating management calendars, maintain & service company vehicles as required and track usage • Issue & track security pass cards. Coordinate RAIC passes with WAA, update phone list and personal employee contact information. Provide hospitality services when required for meetings and events. Set-up meeting rooms and video conferences. Various out of office errands for the WPG. Base. Coordinating contractors for repairs and reno’s, working with existing vendors and creating new contacts with external vendors. Conducting tours at STARS. Committee member for workplace safety & health and social club committee. Other duties assigned by base director.
Dillon Consulting Limited – (Engineering Consulting) Office Administrator/Supervisor • March 21, 2011 to March 2013
• Assist office manager with the promotion of an office environment that is productive and promotes employee satisfaction. While at Dillon Consulting, I supervised 10 Administrative staff. Coach, train and mentor administrative staff.
• Assist office manager with the preparation, monitoring of the office business plans, capital equipment and regular monitoring of the office operating budgets along with capital and general office purchases • Travel arrangements: airfare, hotel and car rental as required. Other duties as assigned by the office manager
• Assist with interviews, hiring of new employees, new employee orientation and on-site training related to company policies, procedures, and systems. Facilitate & prepare paperwork for terminations. Co-ordinated temporary relief for staff coverage.
• Administration of invoices, accounts payable/receivable, petty cash, visa statement, time sheets, expense claims
• Word processing and formatting of reports and office correspondence
• Coordination of office relocation, working closely with the contractors on all aspects of construction. Coordinate the purchasing of; office equipment, furniture, computers, phones, supplies and have an office of 70 staff up and running within 6 weeks along with a satellite office downtown.
• Workplace Safety & Health Co-coordinator for the office • Facilitate monthly staff meetings and weekly admin meetings
• Coordinate all office maintenance and security services for the building.
• Event management – Coordinate / facilitation of all social activities internal and external; Staff BBQ’s, family BBQ’s Christmas parties etc.
Workers Compensation Board of Manitoba (WCB) • Administrative Assistant • June 26, 2006 to March 2011
• Daily attendance, vacation, overtime and sick time tracking and reconciliation for over 90 staff – monthly/yearly reports
• scheduling/tracking data • create/provide/prepare timely reports for management using excel – Reports such as: case load effort rating, throughput, score card/staffing levels, performance and development stats, absenteeism stats, reports based on tasks completed by or after due date, spreadsheets, graphs & charts • create/design newsletter for case management office staff.
• Provide calendar management/schedule meetings/event planning/ off-site meetings and menu/food planning • Prepare/process/code employee travel expense statements and invoices for reimbursement • Travel arrangements – airfare, hotel and car rental • Responsible for minute taking and distributing agendas prior to management meetings
CIBC Wood Gundy • April 11, 2005 – July 6, 2005 (Contract position) • Executive Sales Assistant
Wellington West Financial • December 15, 2003 – October 29, 2004 • Executive Sales Assistant
Rice Financial • August 2002 – December 1, 2003 • Executive Sales Assistant
• Responsible for providing all administrative and financial support services
• Assist Investment Advisor(s) and provide exceptional client service by:
o Maintaining positive client relationships • Resolving client complaints professionally and expediently • Processing accurate and timely completion of documentation and order entry in accordance with the Securities policies, procedures and regulations • Maintain compliance standards with client files and assist with client meetings by prepping files
Great-West Life Assurance Company • September 1979 – October 1995 – Corporate Travel and Payroll Administrator
• Analyze/process/ reimburse employee travel/expense statements as per company policies and procedures. Accounts payable & receivable • Developed detailed management reports.
• Responsible for the entire semi-monthly payroll process for the branch offices across Canada including T4’s and audits
OTHER EMPLOYMENT (Part-Time)
Assistant to the matchmaker of Camelot Introductions – 2016 – 2018 (Monday & Tuesday evenings)
MG Lighting – 2016 – 2017 Contract (3 months) during initial set-up of the business, until a full-time staff member was hired – I was formatting proposals, inserting formulas, graphs and charts.
Winnipeg South End Youth Soccer Association – Office Manager • February 2, 2011 – May 2011 (evenings)
Frontier Supply Chain Solutions – Customs Clerk • March 2010 – January 31, 2011 (evenings)
• Data entry with accuracy in all paperwork, permits, certificates and are in accordance and in compliance with Canada Customs, and The Canadian Food Inspection Agency for entry over the border.
Laura/Laura Petite’s – Retail Sales Associate • December 2008 to July 2009 (evenings) Proven ability to achieve sales quotas by promoting products and making recommendations
Fine Arts Bartending School – Bartending Certificate – 2016
Herzing College – Clinic Office Assistant Diploma Program (Dean’s List – Honors) • October 2005 – June 2006
• Medical Terminology, Anatomy and Physiology • assist in minor office surgery procedures
S.M.A.R.T (Southern Manitoba Academy of Response Training) Emergency Medical Responder • May 2011
Canadian Securities Institute• Canadian Securities Course • 2002 • Conduct & Practices Handbook Course
Investment Funds Institute of Canada • Segregated Funds – 2002 • Mutual Funds – 2001 • Operations of Mutual Funds
Life Office Management Association (LOMA) and the International Claims Association – various in-house courses in underwriting life and health insurance.
Dakota Collegiate • High School Diploma
OTHER PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT COURSES/WORKSHOPS & IN-HOUSE TRAINING
• Excel 2007 – level 1, 2 & 3 • Creative Writing Skills • Writing Effective Minutes • Resolving Conflicts • Work Life Balance
• Cultural Diversity • Creating Positive Customer Service Interactions • Herrmann Brain Dominance Instrument
REFERENCES – Grant Therrien – Base Director STARS 204-891-8585 • Allayne Porco – Director of Case Management – WCB – 204-797-4981 • Marke Dally – Former VP Rice Financial – 204-299-8919 • Collen Gardiner – l Manager – MJ Lighting – 204-981-1584
3.85 GPA Dean’s Honours List