Jeff Farmer, MBA, CPA, CPM
3986 Lake Star Drive
League City, Texas 77573
Experienced professional who produces results by leading diverse teams in a variety of fast-paced and complex environments. Strong technical and business qualifications with a 20 year track record of progressive, hands-on experience in Supply Chain, Sourcing, Finance, Program Management and Strategic Planning. Successfully analyzes an organization’s business requirements, identifies deficiencies and opportunities, then implements innovative solutions for increasing competitiveness and customer satisfaction while minimizing risk, reducing costs, and improving operational performance.
o Managed a globally distributed department with annual budget in excess of $35 million and inventory responsibility in excess of $150 million.
o Managed complex Finance and Supply Chain system, process improvement and integration projects with staffing up to 60 people and project budgets up to $10 million.
o Managed or provided guidance for 3 SAP implementations and 6 other ERP implementations.
o Managed a project that built the capital management systems and processes for a Fortune 500 company.
o Built and implemented an EPM solution including all financial and operational performance indicators.
o Managed finance transformation projects for companies in industries ranging from hospitals and hotels to retail and financial services.
o Built a “Central Led” Sourcing function for a $1.5 billion global service organization.
o Built and implemented Total Value solutions that drove bottom line savings of 15% on indirects and 8% on directs within the first 2 years.
o Managed the strategic and tactical elements of Procurement for spend portfolios ranging from $350 million to more than $2.5 billion.
o Developed a commodity management tool that provided “should cost” modeling on a monthly basis and before accepting or requesting price adjustments.
o Built and implemented the supplier quality management process for a Fortune 200 company that reduced component integration issues by 20% and that reduced manufacturing defect rate on major components.
o Established supplier performance criteria and metrics.
· Supply Chain
o Developed and implemented a global “pull” based distribution model that included a predictive component.
o Built and implemented a value based inventory management methodology that increased turns on non-critical items, increased critical spares and reduced overall inventory.
o Reduces inventory carrying costs and cost of obsolete inventory by 8%.
o Reduced freight costs by 9% through the implementation of a global logistics and materials management structure including warehousing in Houston, Singapore, Perth and Rotterdam
o Built work process documentation for a manufacturing operation and managed cross functional teams charged with eliminating bottlenecks.
o Built and conducted quality audits.
o Defined and implemented PM schedules and asset tracking for major components.
Arthur Lawrence, Houston, Texas
2017 – Present
Managing Director, CFO Solutions
With overall responsibility for the CFO Solutions practice line, I provide guidance to 75 globally distributed Accounting Professionals providing Outsourcing Services. In addition, I am responsible for selling and delivering Finance and Supply Chain Transformation consulting projects while also setting corporate strategy, publishing thought leadership and presenting at applicable conferences.
SCALE Consulting Solutions, Houston, Texas
2015 – 2017
· Managed the functional components of an SAP (WM, MM, FICO, SD) implementation for a medical device manufacturer.
· As interim General Manager for a manufacturing/rental company, improved operating efficiency, transactional accuracy and customer satisfaction.
· Built a transportation and storage model for a demolition company.
· Built and implemented purchasing, logistics and reporting strategies for a restaurant chain.
Atwood Oceanics, Houston, Texas
2011 – 2015
Director, Global Supply Chain
As Head of Global Supply Chain, I was tasked with building a high performance team that drove significant improvement in customer service while creating organizational value. While initially focused on Purchasing and Strategic Sourcing, responsibilities increased to include all aspects of Inventory, Warehousing, Logistics and Supply Chain Data Reporting and Analysis.
Notable Accomplishments Include:
· Built and implemented a value based inventory management methodology that doubled turns on non-critical items which allowed an increase in critical spares without increasing total inventory.
· Developed and implemented a global logistics network that became the basis for a 9% reduction in Freight costs. This included establishing warehouses in Houston, Singapore, Perth and Rotterdam while globally distributing inventory in order to have product closer to the point of consumption.
· Implemented a “Pull” based distribution model that factored in operational needs defined by each facility along with product for expected maintenance and project activity.
· Built a Sourcing function that generated more than $19 million in expense related benefit and more than $10 million in capital benefit over the first 2 years.
· Reorganized the transactional buying function to better align with operational needs. This produced a 10% reduction in cycle times within the first 6 months and a 50% reduction within 2 years.
· Acted as the Business Owner for the development and implementation of SAP Financials and Maximo Asset Management and Supply Chain while managing the Supply Chain application support team.
· Developed performance measures and directed the implementation of an EPM application.
· Built supplier quality standards and participated in an industry quality and risk management initiative.
KPMG, Houston, Texas
2010 – 2011
Senior Manager, Performance and Technology
· Determine how a Fortune 50 company should utilize the Cloud as an integral component of the IT infrastructure.
· Built sourcing strategy and managed the initial phases of the sourcing process for a multi-billion dollar, global oil field service company. This strategy generated $3 million in annual benefit within the first 6 weeks.
Waste Management, Houston, Texas
2004 – 2010
Through proven results, responsibilities increased to include the Supply Chain Strategy and Planning process, all aspects of Strategic Sourcing for more than $2 billion in annual spend and a quarter of the field based Supply Chain team. Categories of spend that were managed included trucks, steel and steel related products, fuels and lubes, professional services and travel.
Notable Accomplishments Include:
· Built and maintained the Procurement Strategy and annual business plans.
· Created cross functional teams, that included competing suppliers, in order to achieve improvements in integration and quality while reducing inventory and maintenance costs.
· Built and implemented a domestic fuel management strategy that generated savings in excess of $15 million.
· Built and Implemented “Should Cost” modeling and Risk Mapping for select spend categories.
· Developed and implemented a component part “Total Cost of Ownership” model that was used to justify a change in lubes that saved the company more than $6 million annually.
· Developing a supplier scoring system that includes feedback from all key stakeholders.
· Managed a Master Data Management initiative for Supply Chain data.
· Developed a process for and conducted supplier quality audits.
Btek (Contract to Waste Management), Houston, Texas
Contract Program Manager
Responsible for managing programs related to technology, strategy and improvement of supply chain systems and processes.
· Implemented an enterprise-wide solution designed to increase control and visibility throughout the complete capital lifecycle. This included re-engineering capital processes from approval to disposition and the implementation of select PeopleSoft modules. Managing the efforts of 30 contractors and employees and an overall project budget of approximately $12 million. Documented processes, identified areas of concern and determined necessary corrective action related to the Procure-to-Pay stream.
· Managed the development and implementation of systems and processes to support expense related purchases in excess of $4 billion.
Arthur Andersen Business Consulting, Houston, Texas
Responsibilities included management of complex supply chain and financial projects that included the implementation of systems and supporting process improvements.
Education and Certification
Master of Business Administration,
Texas Tech University
Bachelor of Accountancy,
university of TEXAS AT THE PERMIAN BASIN
Certified Public Accountant – Texas
Certified Purchasing Manager