JERLYN M. OSTING
FA 286 Km. 4, Balili
La Trinidad, Benguet
E-mail: [email protected]
Contact Numbers: +63 930 0582 186| (074) 661 0126
· Gender: Female
· Date of Birth: January 23, 1990
· Nationality: Filipino
· Marital Status: Single
· Languages: English, Filipino
To become part of an institution that will allow me to put into use my skills and experiences as a Nursery – Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) Nurse and Medical-Surgical Nurse. Also, to assist in the improvement of the quality of nursing care rendered to patients while advancing my knowledge and skills.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE:
PINES CITY DOCTORS’ HOSPITAL Baguio City, Philippines
Staff Nurse/Nursery Nurse/Neonatal ICU Nurse, March 2015 – Present
· Attending to deliveries of both term and preterm newborns
· Assisting with early skin to skin and latching on of newborns to mother
· Providing essential newborn care after delivery of the newborn
· Counseling mothers and parents on newborn care
· Anticipating and attending to the needs of the newborn
· Monitoring and recording of observations on the newborn
· Updating the attending physician and members of the newborn’s health team on the current status of newborn
· Providing emergency treatment, cardiopulmonary resuscitation and IV therapy when necessary
· Able to think fast and analytically in order to make appropriate treatment decisions and deal effectively with emergencies
· Assisting with the needs of the newborn’s health team particularly during emergencies and preparing all possible equipment needed
· Providing round-the-clock care to premature and sick newborns
· Meeting patients’ medical needs through careful assessment, diagnosis, planning, and evaluation
· Administering medications, monitoring vital signs and providing vital nutrients to newborn
· Able to work with special, complex equipment and devices for monitoring, testing and diagnostic purposes
· Have well-developed stress management skills and able to deal with a poor prognosis, a patient’s death and other cases
· Skilled communicator and educator, particularly when providing encouragement, teaching families how to care for an ill infant during stay in the NICU and giving home care advice prior to discharge
· With an in-depth understanding of the medications commonly used in treating infants and newborns
· Pays close attention to detail and alert to sudden changes in the newborn
· Document patient status as well as keep, maintain and update records of patient care
· Able to collaborate with doctors, staff nurses, health care consultants and therapists to provide coordinated treatment and optimal care
· Maintaining safe, secure and comfortable environment for patients and providing care and compassion in difficult situations
· Able to contribute to the improvement and development of nursing quality
· Collecting and using researched-based evidence in the improvement of nursing care
· Assisting in admission and discharge procedures
· Able to apply best practices in the nursing process and maintain high standards of care with full adherence to patient’s rights and privacy
· Flexible, highly motivated and with a genuine interest and passion in caring for newborn babies
Staff Nurse/General Wards (Medical, Surgical) March 2014- February 2015
Asses, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans.
Prepares and administers (orally, subcutaneously, through an IV) and records prescribed medications.
Educates patients on surgical procedures.
Records patients’ medical information and vital signs.
Initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology.
Provides bedside care for a wide variety of patients.
Initiates patient education plan, as prescribed by physician.
Changes dressing, inserts catheters, start IVs.
Prepares equipment and aids physician during examination and treatment of patient.
Responds to life-saving situations based upon nursing standards and protocol.
Participates in discharged planning.
Utilizes time management skills.
Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in appropriate format and on appropriate forms.
Performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment setting.
Staff Nurse Trainee (Rotated In General Wards, Renal Department, Medical Intensive Care Unit, Emergency Department, Operating Room Complex (DR/ PACU/SICU), Neonatal Intensive Care Unit) July 2013- September 2013
· Admits patients and gives direct nursing care.
· Takes and records vital signs including Intake and Output.
· Observes for signs and symptoms, institutes remedial action when appropriate and do proper documentation.
· Identifies nursing needs of patients then plans, gives and evaluate nursing care. Observes medical asepsis.
· Performs urinary catheterization and give enemas.
· Performs post mortem care.
· Conducts patients to other hospital or institution either for transfer or diagnostic procedures.
CLINICA ALUNES, Sinipsip, Buguias, Benguet
December 2012- June 2013
Clinic Nurse/ Staff Nurse
· Assists with patient’s admittance and discharge of patients.
· Assess patient’s status and notify physician of clinical changes.
· Educates patients and families on health care needs, conditions and options.
· Maintains patient’s charts confidential.
· Performs clinical task according to hospital/ clinic policies.
· Assists in orientation of new staff members.
· Provides quality patient care.
· Educates patients and their family regarding their roles in promoting successful therapy and rehabilitation.
· Carry out Doctor’s order carefully.
· Administers and documents patient’s reaction to a given medicine.
Written and Communication Skills
· Proficient in both oral and written English
· Capable of expressing ideas and communicating information in a clear and understandable manner in both the English and Filipino language
Capable of handling conflicts and communicating with courtesy and professionalism regardless of the situation
Familiar with and able to utilize the appropriate approach as the situation demands
· Knowledgeable with the use of MS Office and Internet Technologies
· With good typing skills
· Capable of working in both individual and team settings as the situation demands
· Capable of applying interpersonal skills to establish an effective working relationship with colleagues and clients
· Familiar with and able to utilize the appropriate methods to resolve conflicts in the workplace
· Maintains professionalism at all times
Leadership and Managing Abilities
· With an advanced level of initiative
· Easily motivated, persistent, and goal-oriented
· Capable of equally motivating and leading colleagues towards a unified goal
· Skilled in the application of the different leadership styles as the situation demands
· Analytical and open-minded
· Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing
Pines City Colleges – School of Nursing
Baguio City, Philippines
Graduated in March 2012
· Secondary Education
Sinipsip National High School
Buguias, Benguet, Philippines
Graduated in March 2006
CREDENTIALS AND CERTIFICATIONS:
· Registered Nurse (RN)
Professional Regulation Commission (PRC)
Passed the Nursing Board Exam on August 2012
· Basic Life Support for Health Care Providers
BGHMC, Health Emergency Management
Issued in July 2013
· Certified Intravenous Therapy Nurse
Association of Nursing Service Administrators of the Philippines (ANSAP)
· Current NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) Certification
Issued in March 2016