Hybrid Mobile, Express, MongoDB, Gulp, Grunt, oAuth 2.0, J2EE/Java, Memcache)
* Oracle Certified Developer (SQL, PLSQL), Brain Bench Certified Unix and C/C++ Developer
* Project Management (ESI International), Six Sigma – Yellow Belt, SAS Data Quality
IBM Philippines – Application Developer/Lead : Jun 2012 – Apr 2014
* Led the full SDLC of the SPRINT-USA projects that transformed a thick client-based Visual Basic & C++ applications to web-based J2EE application.
* Led the applications delivery production support of various retail systems for SEARS Canada, saving client support dollars.
* Led the delivery of managed services for open systems to clients that provided benefits such as (i) 10-15% improved quality and productivity; (ii) faster time to market; (iii) dynamic mobility of work drives lower cost and risk; (iv) faster response to business needs.
IT Consultancy & Services (Singapore) Java Team Lead : Aug 2011 – May 2012
* Led the implementation of FUTURE First/Asia insurance system which is a next generation policy administration system. It is a powerful object-oriented, real-time web-based solution that supports full administration of both group and individual life and health products, annuities, LTC, DI and non-insurance offerings.
* Solution stack: java, soap, oracle, vba macro, unix
2C2P Pte Ltd (Singapore) : Senior Software Engineer : Feb 2011 – Jul 2011
* Using 3D secure protocol, developed and implemented the Access Control Server (ACS) system for UOB that significantly increased customer confidence in e-commerce payments.
* Led and managed the Mobile and Internet Banking system of Singapore Banking Corporation that enabled customers to have anywhere, anytime access to their bank accounts.
* Solution stack: java, c#.net, mssql, iis, oracle, visa 3d, hardware security module, balsamiq, unix
Singapore Institute of Management (SIM) : Senior Systems Analyst : Jul 2010 – Nov 2010
* Led and managed the full SDLC of Finance projects (billing, receipting, and procurement) at Singapore Institute of Management that contributed to increase operational effectiveness. Initiated a CMMI and Agile project management initiative to improve the delivery of projects.
* Implemented a virtualization solution for effective application management.
* Using the ITIL service management process, demonstrated service excellence by proactively resolving 3 re-occurring business problems since 2005.
StarHub Pte Ltd (Singapore) : Senior Systems Analyst : Feb 2009 – Jul 2010
* Led the full SDLC of Billing and CRM projects in StarHub that contributed to increase in ROI. The delivery of projects was significantly improved through the implementation of quality standards such CMMI, Agile, Test Quality Management, and ITIL.
* Led the feasibility study, proposal development, prototyping, and full SDLC of an enterprise data model/architecture that resulted to increased productivity and better data reliability to the business.
* Involved in the data integration initiative that consolidated data from different source systems into a single data repository for standardization and reporting purposes.
* Solution stack: java, jsp, servlet, informatica, bscs iX, unix, quartz, web services
SAS Pte Ltd (Singapore) : Pre-Sales Consultant : Mar 2008 – Oct 2008
* Led the pre-sales activities (including solution and technical architecture, database sizing) and delivered a robust business intelligence solution to VPOST Sales and Marketing team that enabled them to have a single view, or ‘360 degree’ view of the customer across multiple product lines that gave them strategic advantage over their competitors.
* Led and implemented Business Analytics (i.e. Business Intelligence, Data Management/Integration/Migration/Warehouse, Data Mining, Data Quality) and Risk Management solutions for clients including Honda, GIC, Chartered Semicon, Mapletree, SIA, MOE, and MOM.
* Delivered workshops and post-sales support to customers that enabled them to standardize, improve and optimize the performance of their existing system.
DesignStream Pte Ltd (Singapore) : Consultant : Jan 2008 – Mar 2008
* Successfully implemented a long-term business intelligence solution for Standard Chartered Bank that improved the efficiency and effectiveness of Country Finance reporting on Domestic Assets and Liabilities, Consumer Banking, and Planning and Budgeting.
Motorola Electronics Pte Ltd (Singapore) : Senior IT Business Systems Analyst : Jan 2005 – Jan 2008
* Led and managed the full SDLC of Supply Chain Management Projects (including Integrated Motorola Advance Planning System (IMAPS), Enterprise Data Warehouse) that resulted in significant savings on the operations planning (demand and supply chain) process.
* Led and managed the full SDLC of the Performance Tuning project that resulted in on-time delivery of daily reports to business vis-à-vis a delay of 2 hours per day previously.
* Implemented various web-based Enterprise Information Management (EIM) portals that provided greater reliability, flexibility, and self-service capabilities, thus raising customer satisfaction level.
* Effectively adopted various methods of Digital Six Sigma quality standards, CMMI, and ITIL in various projects that resulted to reduced application defects.
* Solution stack: oracle, pl/sql, informatica, vba macro
KnowledgeBaze Pte Ltd (Singapore & Malaysia) : Senior IT Consultant : Jan 2000 – Jan 2005
* Successfully implemented and supported the e-Business Information Tool (eBIT) and Partner Data Warehouse (PDW) for HP Imaging and Printing Group which enabled informed business decision-making on channel performance, partners, and reseller sell-out performance.
* Led and implemented the Asia-Pacific Call Center Data Warehouse for HP Personal Systems Group that helped in increased volume of sales opportunities and orders for the call centre operations.
* Implemented the Asia-Pacific Distribution and Forecasting application for HP within timeframe and budget.
* Led and implemented the web-based OLAP solution for the Ministry of Education (MOE Singapore) that enabled MOE to have a robust multi-dimensional analysis of students, schools, subjects, and grades. The solution resulted to a more effective, efficient, and accurate analysis.
* Successfully implemented a Decision Support System for the Sun Microsystems that resulted to centralized information and data-driven approach for the business in making decisions.
* Successfully implemented the DB-Direct corporate banking solution for Deutsche Bank that resulted to:
– Efficiency in conducting the cash management transactions of the business. Secured reports have also resulted to better trust from the business.
– Significant reduction in maintenance costs, and increased system flexibility and scalability.
* Solution stack: java, informatica, olap, perl, unix, shell scripts, oracle
Interim Technology (USA) : Programmer Analyst : Jun 1998 – Jan 2000
* Successfully developed and implemented the Enterprise Supply Planning (ESP) and Y2K migration for PFIZER in the USA that resulted in better resource planning and supply chain management, hence, significant costs saving for the business. Replaced legacy mainframe jobs with Oracle-Unix-based systems that significantly reduced maintenance costs.
* Solution stack: manugistics, unix, shell scripts, crontab, c/c++. oracle pl/sql.
Reason for Leaving Current Job: Better Career Opportunity
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
* Full Stack Web Development Specialization – Verified : 2016
* Full Stack Web Developer Nanodegreee – Verified : 2015
* BSc in Computer Science : 1995
Saint Louis University, Philippines
PORTFOLIOS DEPLOYED IN THE CLOUD
– Conference Central Application [https://conference-app-1043.appspot.com/]
– Catalog Application [http://ec2-52-27-214-124.us-west-2.compute.amazonaws.com/]
– Contact Manager [https://agile-ocean-56979.herokuapp.com]
– Restaurant App [http://rest-server.au-syd.mybluemix.net]
– My Collections App [http://mycollectionsapp.au-syd.mybluemix.net]