JOAN DOMINGO – MATIAS
B-89 Lot 3 Cluster 6 Imola St; Bellavista Village
Brgy. Santiago General Trias, Cavite
E-mail add: [email protected]
Total Years of Experience : 15 years ( Classroom Primary Teacher )
Expected Salary in US Dollars: 1,800 – 2,500
Be able to apply all my learned skills upon which I could deliver it in my capacity and in my vocation. I would also like to depict myself from the real operational world through your benevolent institution.
SKILLS and COMPETENCIES:
v Child development, student care, interaction and collaboration principle knowledge
v Best practices on various teaching strategies and classroom preparations
v Preparation, administration, grade test, listening and classroom discipline maintenance
v Encouragement and motivational ways for students
v Team Player, HR and admin support services Office admin and report presentation support
v Customer Service Oriented
EMPLOYMENT HISTORY – Career Summary
Position Company Inclusive Dates
Primary Teacher-Adviser Philippine International School-Qatar (PISQ) June 2013 – Present
Primary Teacher -Adviser Waynesville Learning Center – Cavite, Philippines June 2001-June 2003
Elementary Teacher – Adviser St. Jude College Cavite- Philippines June 2000 – June 2001
Sales Representative/Admin.Staff Gold Rock, Las Piñas Philippines May 1999- June 2000
Admin Staff/Receptionist Bombo Radyo Philippines June 1995- June 1998
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCES
June 1995 – Present:
Primary/Intermediate Teacher Adviser
· Prepare, administer, grade tests, oral presentation listening and maintain classroom discipline.
· Introduce children to basic subjects (e.g. Math, Science, Language, Cultural Arts, etc.)
· Plan programs that help each student achieve learning objectives and curriculum goals, evaluate and assign lessons.
· Develop incentives to keep participants in class.
· Use games, music, artwork, films, books, computers, and other tools to teach basic skills.
· Establish and communicate clear objectives for all learning activities.
· Observe and evaluate student’s performance.
· Utilize various curriculum resources and create projects designed to enhance lectures.
· Develop programs of learning activities and to adapt appropriate materials.
· Grade papers and perform other administrative duties as needed.
· Creating and providing timelines, calendars and schedules.
· Conduct meetings as homeroom adviser.
· Additional responsibilities include tutoring, mentoring and administering reading fluency assessments as well as various administrative tasks and functions.
· Complies with all rules and policies in regards to safety.
· Responsible for the development of child’s individual goals and objectives.
· Deal with the stress of the position in an appropriate manner.
· Maintains discretion and confidentiality of child and family information at all times.
· Communicates professionally at all times with student, family members, consultants, elementary school personnel, and other providers.
· Manage pupils by establishing an appropriate atmosphere and earning respect through effective leadership techniques.
· Develop Classroom management
· Utilize variety of teaching methods
· Conduct meeting with parents and report about their academic progress and overall development.
CERTIFIED ELEMENTARY EDUCATION GRADUATE
· Dedicated Elementary teacher.
· Student focused teaching professional and can commit to providing a well-balanced, supportive and engaging learning environment for all students.
· Aptitude to remain flexible, ensuring that every child’s learning style and abilities are addressed.
· Hardworking and trusted educator who strives to collaborate with all members of the school community to meet the needs of students and promote the philosophy of the school.
· Skilled in managing classroom and implementing discipline upon pupils.
· Experienced in dealing with children from various ethnic backgrounds.
· Knowledge of child behavior and development.
ATTENDED SEMINAR – WORKSHOPS
· Designing and Using Standards – Based Assessment and Rubrics
· Unified Scouting: Building Skills for Life
· Curriculum Mapping, Teaching for Understanding and Standards- Based Assessment
· Unpacking the K to 12 Curriculum for Effective Teaching to the Standards
· Raising Holistic Learners in the K to 12 Education Program
· Educating the Best Teachers for K to 12 Quality Education
· Image Design and Editing
· Differentiated Instruction
· Transforming the Needs and Challenges of the 21st Century Learners
· Effective Teaching in the International Setting
· Online Instructions on I-Ready. Com.
School Course Inclusive Years
New Era University- Philippines Bachelor of Elementary Education 1991-1995
Filipino Training Development Center Basic Document Controller October-November,2017
Ms. Wilma P. DeLos Santos
Primary Department Head
Philippine International School Qatar
Mr. Cipriano Reyes
Filipino Training Development Center
Doha International Center
I hereby affirm to the best of my knowledge that all information written above is true and correct.