Jonathan Juan Cruz Mayo
Seasoned Semiconductor Professional
Mobile: +6391-6348-3484 Email: [email protected]
A certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt, a degree in Mechanical Engineering with 16 years solid background in Electronics, Semiconductor and Printed Circuit Board manufacturing industries; having various training in engineering techniques and having solid experiences in a manufacturing setting, seeking for a challenging and rewarding career in your company.
Highlights of Qualifications
• Seasoned Semiconductor professional with technical know-how in Wafer Level Chip Scale Packages (WLCSP), Fan-out wafer level and panel level Advance Packaging Technologies (FOWLP, FOPLP)
• Expertise in Process Development (Photolithography, Clean & Etch), Machine Qualification, and Material Characterisation.
• Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt; Lean Enterprise/ Manufacturing mindset
• Extensive knowledge and skills in Problem Solving Methodology (8D, 5-why, Fault tree Analysis, Theory of costraints, DMAIC, DFSS)
• Well equipped in people handling, management skills and decision making in critical situations. • Strong communication skills. Able to work well with other people in a highly diversified environment.
• Eagle eye for details. Able to do multi task accurately and on time.
• Well adept with Design software tools.
• Advance knowledge in Minitab and JMP, TPM, TQM, FMEA, DOE, SPC, Lean Manufacturing, 6S, Value Stream Mapping.
• Able to travel as needed. Acquired Printed Circuit Board Manufacturing skills in Photocircuits Corporation Glen Cove, New York (2004).
• Specialties: MS Office, Genesis Autocad, CAD-CAM, Autovue (VUV), ADOBE Reader (PDF) SAP, MS Access, MS Project, Excellon Commands (G-codes/ M-codes), Gerbmaster Software(CAD/CAM). 6 Sigma & Lean Manufacturing, Minitab, JMP.
Sr. Process Integration Engineer/ Assistant Manager | 06/2016 – 06/2017
PEP Innovation Pte. Ltd. Singapore
• Factory Start-up (Smart Factory, Industry 4.0)
• Machine Qualifications, Product/Process Research and Development. (Fan-out Panel Level Packaging) Die Bonder, Mold, CO2 Laser, Vacuum Laminator, Plasma Oven, Laser Direct Imaging Exposure Machines, Dicing Saw, Backgrinding, CMP, etc….
• Design integration process based on module capability and designed structure to deliver products which will meet product spec and cost requirements. (Multi chip, 3D stack up, FOPLP)
• Characterize product performance on the developed product against process parameters and design parameters and define product manufacturing window.
• Conduct process optimization, yield improvement and cost reduction project by using commonly known tools like DOE, FMEA, 8D and DMAIC to meet quality and yield goals.
• Define fundamental issues of design and process, formulate and drive improvement plan. (LEAN, KAIZEN,VSM)
• Be the connection between product team, R&D team and fab operation group, identify key successful factors for the products. (Stage-gate, Waterfall Process)
• Execute transfers of design and product knowledge from R&D and product group for mass production and convert them into in-line process target and spec. Follow up with line performance to achieve robustness and manufacturability.
• Perform duties assigned by Director of Engineering
Principal Process Development Engineer | 04/2014 – 06/2016 Deca Technologies Philippines
• Start up new equipment processes which involve process characterization and development. Spin Coat Technology (PBO, Polyimide), Lithography by Laser Direct Imaging Exposure, Dry Film Lamination and Development.
• Ensure productivity improvements through process changes, document, as well as implement process capability and work with Equipment Engineers to maximize productivity of the equipment.
• Monitor process performance indices on qualified processes and establish good controls to maintaprocess performance. Improve on qualified processes using quality improvement tools.
• Troubleshoot out of control situations and decide on the lot disposition in an out of specification situation. Using Mean-Standard Deviation Statistical Process control Charts.
• Troubleshoot process issues, establish Control Action System, specifications for procedure to be followed and work with other departments to create new recipes.
• Manage Junior Engineers.
• Process Engineering and sustaining In-line Photolithography Processes.
• Lead the Cost Improvement in Pattern Lamination Process that generated $13,000 USD / year on Dry Film Usage by adjusting the Laminator Machine Dry Film Sensor to optimum levels. (Dry Film Sensor detects amount of film remaining.)
• Lead the 20% PBO Reduction project that saves $87,000 in cost of PBO Material Annually by decreasing dispense volume by 20% in Spin Coating of PBO without affeting product quality. Introduced alternative way to remove Edge Beading.
Senior Process Engineer | 10/2006 – 04/2014 Littelfuse Philippines
• In-line manufacturing management, process control, disposition and product management in Drilling, Photolithography, Package Singulation & TEST and PACK Processes.
• Lead production teams of operators, inspectors and technicians to achieve manufacturing targets in first pass yield, ppm, schedule adherence, Cycle time, productivity, Inventory Turns and machine efficiency.
• Drive Lean manufacturing, productivity and quality targets leading to cost or cycle time reductions, yield and productivity improvements
• Achieve production targets: yield, ppm, schedule adherence, Takt Time, machine efficiency.
• Achieve business targets: productivity, cost/scrap savings.
• Achieve customer satisfaction targets: Zero admin error, resolution of customer complaints; pass customer and other audits;
• Initiate, implement: Lean/TQM projects, 5’s, ISO 9001, ISO 14001, TS 16949 standards and objectives in the line.
• Implement company policies, rules and regulations in the line.
• Develop the team into effective, motivated and disciplined self directed work team.
• Assist product development efforts in the plant.
• Focus in achieving Target Indices for yield, productivity, and cycle time improvement.
• Six Sigma Greenbelt certified; participation in Six Sigma projects,Lean or demand-pull manufacturing setting. • Knowledge using Dicing saw machine, Tape & Reel machine, and Automatic Visual Inspection system.
• Knowledge using the Hitachi Drilling Machine and Excellon Drilling Machine as well as OMISIII Random Optical Inspection machine.
• Experience in Cleanroom Laminators and Exposure Machines (OLEC), Gyrex and Argus Spray Machine, IR Oven, and N2 Oven for Liquid Photo-imageable Ink Application.
• Experience in Chemcut Wet Process Equipment (Developer, Etcher, Stripper) and Allen Bradley PLC Systems.
• Lead Six Sigma Black Belt Project on Design Improvement of Thin Film 0402 and PGB 0402 devices that reduce cost by 50% gaining 75% Global Market share and generate Annual cost savings of $250,000.
• Part of the team that transferred Littelfuse Inc.’s Thin Film Panel Manufacturing Factory from Des Plaines Illinois to Philippines (2007).
• Buy-off of Hitachi Drilling Machine in Kanagawa, Japan (2007).
• Buy-off of Hybrid OLEC Exposure machine in Sta. Ana, California USA (2010).
• Buy-ff of Loadpoint Nano Ace Panel Dicing Machine in Swindon United Kingdom (2013).
Sr. Technical Service Engineer Auditor / Technical Specialist II (Process Engineering) | 09/2003 – 10/2006
Photocircuits Philippines Inc
• Responsible for various technical assignments in support of Printed Circuit Board sales and manufacturing. • Pre-production engineering (includes design review, cost estimation, quote preparation, release processing, and CAD-CAM tooling).
• Quality engineering (includes analysis of defects, tracking of yields, preparation and tracking of customer responses).
• Process engineering (includes process implementation, analysis, compliance monitoring and continuous improvement).
• Production control (includes automated system task and factory performance monitoring).
Process Engineer (Drilling and Fabrication) / Special Projects – 20 weeks offshore process training and exposure to actual operations in a manufacturing floor. (Feb. 2004 – July 2004 @ Glen Cove New York USA)
• Focus on process improvements in Drilling, Scoring, and Routing on issues of Short slot drilling, Lohr Hermann Scoring machine improvements, and new router tool evaluation.
• Implemented a new system of drilling short slots that minimized slot crookedness so as to improve quality of finished products that satisfies customer requirements. (Quality: Yield Improvement)
• Modified Lohr Hermann Scoring Machine loading dock that eliminates downtime caused by panel crashes, machine hang time, and multiple set-ups that decreases machine efficiency. (Cycle time improvement)
• Evaluated series of router tools from certain suppliers to determine which tools are capable of producing the required output on similar scenarios such that the best tools for the job will be recommended to the entire company as the tool to be used. Note that the best tools are a combination of tool quality versus tool cost. (Cost study)
Manufacturing Supervisor | 03/2000 – 12/2002. Amkor Technology Philippines
• Directs and oversees all activities related to the efficient and effective production of integrated circuits covering Front Line to End of Line crisis team.
• Maximizes manpower and equipment utilization through proper scheduling, and ensures efficient and proper use of materials.
• Recommends to the Manufacturing Shift Manager work methods or techniques that will increase efficiency, improve level of effectiveness and workmanship that in effect reduce cost.
• Coordinates closely with support groups on various activities planned actions on problems relating to production schedule, material availability, quality level, engineering standards, etc.
• Sees to it that all potential problems are dealt with at an early stage and are escalated to superiors in time.
• Ensures smooth and consistent implementation of company specifications and statistical process control, just in time, and other line improvements interventions that the company may decide to implement through proper communications to subordinates and consistent tracking of compliance to such.
• Ensures adherence to customer standards and recommends actions like stopping production and hold shipment if necessary to contain and correct quality problems.
• Submits on regular basis performance reports covering all activities, projects, and accomplishments done during the specific time frame.
• Implements GEMBA KAIZEN principles so as to improve productivity and efficiency of team members through systems of continuous improvement and proper workplace organization.
• Spear headed in establishing an internal auditing team that ensures the line in conformance to existing working standards and quality specifications thus sustaining integrity of products through proper documentation.
Surface Mount Technology Technician | 07/1999 – 10/1999 Acer Information Products Philippines
• Provides technical line support and guidance on process implementation and analysis to ensure conformance in the production of computer main boards from front to back end operations.
• Prepares machine basic start-up / shutdown procedures for on-line production.
• Monitors the quality and assessment of finish products for line continuous improvement.
• Provides technical changes and modifications on equipment to decrease downtime and increase machine efficiency, in turn increase machine utilization and produces quality products that will satisfy customers.
• Analyzes the content and frequency of breakdowns and execute the measures on prevention of recurrence. • Provides training for newly hired technicians and operators.
University of Santo Tomas
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering 06/1993 – 04/1998
BS Mechanical Engineering
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES Every Nation Church Singapore | 07/2016 – 06/2017
CERTIFICATIONS & HONORS
Lean Six Sigma Black Belt | 06/2013 – Permanent Lean Six Sigma Green Belt | 05/2007 – Permanent
SKILLS & ABILITIES
MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), MS Project
Lithography Exposure Machines
CAD, SOLID WORKS, Autovue, Genesis, Drawing Softwares
HOBBIES & INTERESTS Guitars, Drums, Keyboard
Dry Film Laminators
Clean, Develop, Etch Systems
Dicing Machine, Backgrinding AOI Systems
Cars and Motorcycles