To Whom It May Concern:
I am very much interested in applying for any kitchen position that is available in your respectable company for an apprentice cook like me.
I recently completed my Bachelor’s Degree in Food Service and Institutional Management with specialization in Culinary. I would very much like to advance in my career and believe that I am ready to join and be part of your team.
I would like to expand my knowledge, learn new responsibilities and be able to further my career within the field.
I have for the last (3) years been working as an Apprentice Cook where my responsibilities were:
– Clearing the kitchen stations of all unnecessary utensils and food.
– Clearing/cleaning cooking vessels and utensils from all the work surfaces and sinks.
– Chopping, peeling various vegetables for prep
– Daily verification of our dairy products expiration dates and disposing of any out of date products.
– General assistance in food presentation for selected events.
The opportunity with your company would allow me to express my culinary expertise and valuable, gained experience through a larger array of tasks and responsibilities. I am a fast learner and work well in a team.
I believe that I would excel at menu suggestions and planning, cooking meals, guiding the serving staff as to what the daily/weekly specials were all while being able to continue to learn along side the chefs during their daily tasks.
I wish to thank you for your time and I very much hope to hear from you soon and being given the opportunity to discuss your expectations further.
Julie Anne Rivas