5937 Roger Stevens Dr
Smiths Falls, ON, K7A 4S6
Tel: (613)883-7180 E-mail: [email protected]
To secure a casual or part time position in community health services.
Developmental Services Worker Algonquin College April 2014
Personal Support Worker Algonquin College April 2012
Quality Assurance Measures Certificate June 2014
First Aid & CPR (Level C+AED) Exp. March 7 2019
Crisis Prevention Institute Certificate (CPI) Exp. March 30 2019
Food Handler Certificate Exp. April 4 2022
May 15 2018 – Present
Pathways to Independence
- Provided supports to individuals with Acquired Brain Injuries (ABI), dual diagnosis or developmental disabilities at home or in the community.
- Followed the Quality of Life Plan (QLP) to assist in achieving goals as chosen by each individual, including building social networks, discovering new cultural or educational experiences, and developing employment skills.
- Assisted in activities of daily living, behaviour supports and self-management strategies, managing health needs and recreational interests.
- Participated in inter-disciplinary discussion for individual case management, assisted in data management for on-going health monitoring and behaviour programming.
Primary Counsellor, Overnight and Relief Staff
April 2014 – Present
Ottawa-Carleton Association for Persons with Developmental Disabilities
- Primary Counsellor – Created structured programs for life skills, recreation and relationships; researched community resources to create new experiences and follow the guidelines of Individual Service and Support Plans (ISSP) for each individual.
- Relief staff – (Current) Provided support for all individuals at home, in the community and hospital; assisting individuals with enteral feed and medications, personal care, medical appointments and social events in the community.
- Overnight Staff – Preparing all individuals for daily activities; complied with enteral feed and medication schedules, assisted in developing new documentation protocols for medication, performing general household duties and data gathering for ongoing dual-diagnosis case management, continued training for crisis behavior management and first aid, and proficiency in company’s private server for documentation.
September 10, 2015 – January 21, 2016
St. Stephen’s Residences of Ottawa, Inc.
- Support all the individuals with activities of daily living, social integration, day programs, meal preparation and advocated with medical professionals for their appointments.
- Followed medication guidelines and protocols for anxiety and seizures.
- Complied with fire drill practices, staff training and management of the building.
September 2012 – June 2014
Tammie and Brian Moretton
- Helped implement behaviour programs and care for specific medical and dietary needs
for youngest child.
- Balanced duties for individuals with physical disabilities and individuals with intellectual disabilities.
- Assisted with personal care, medication, light housekeeping and pet care.
June 2013 – August 2013
The Royal Ottawa Place – Dale Morey
- Adapted signs to increase American Sign Language (ASL) vocabulary.
- Used OC Transpo for opportunities to integrate into the community to go to the barber’s, shopping centers, movie theatres and parks.
- Developed basic bus training program.
Personal Care Attendant
January 2011 – July 2012
The In Community
- Served eleven individuals with physical disabilities.
- Assisted with medications, personal care and lifts.
- Provided light housekeeping and maintenance of assistive devices.
- Gave support as directed by individuals for child care.