Professional Work Experience:
1. Company : Engineering and Research International LLC
M40/119, Mussafah Industrial City, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E
Position : Projects Engineer / QA Engineer
Duration : July 2009 to September 2018
Scope of Responsibilities:
As Projects Engineer
– Review all Client queries and preparation of technical & commercial proposals which shall meet the project specifications and requirements by the Client.
– Review contracts, LPO, and other documents prior to sign the final agreement.
– Coordination with suppliers and subcontractors.
– Assist and support the Country/Technical Manager on daily project activities including commercial pricing.
– Preparation of method statement, risk assessment for obtaining client approval.
– Direct coordination with client in any technical & commercial aspects.
– Submitting of relevant documents for obtaining NOC’s and providing instructions to Geologist/Supervisor in the field operation.
– Preparation of project information sheet and other documents for proceeding to site work and regular monitoring and coordination with Supervisor/Geologist.
– Preparation of draft geotechnical report prior to review of geotechnical manager.
– Raising of PO for internal use for supplier and subcontractor.
– Preparation of invoice to be submitted to Client as per the actual work completed in compliance to contract agreement.
– Business Development which includes telephone and personal meeting with Clients for project requirements and other concerns.
– Updating Company prequalification and registration with government agencies, oil & gas, etc.
– Direct communication with current Clients to ensure a long term and future business.
As Quality Representative
– Developing, implementing, communicating and maintaining a quality plan to bring the Company’s Quality Systems and Policies into compliance with the quality system requirements.
– Promoting quality achievement, performance and improvement throughout the organization.
– Establishing quality objectives and ensuring that targets are achieved.
– Preparing staff training schedule.
– Conducting and ensuring that all quality audits are implemented in accordance with the programmed schedule.
– Following up with customer complaints, corrective and preventive actions.
– Setting up and maintaining control of quality records or documentation.
– Attending Management Review Meetings.
– Conducting internal audits as per ISO quality system.
– Ensuring all departments follow and comply Company Quality Manual including national, international standards and legislation.
– Maintaining and implementation of document control system as per the company procedure.
2. Company : Matrix Laboratory LLC
P.O. Box 11591, Al Qusais Industrial 5, Dubai, U.A.E)
Position : Geotechnical Engineer
Duration : May 2006 to June 2009
Scope of Responsibilities:
– All day to day operational matters of site inspection, daily drilling work program, work orders to drillers, and laboratory testing program for geotechnical investigation projects.
– Performing site visits & prepares site inspection reports.
– Conducting internal audits in the laboratory
– Checking calibration certificates of the laboratory equipment
– Visual description of disturbed, undisturbed and split spoon samples.
– Preparation of draft borehole logs based on visual description and laboratory test results.
– Checking Client specification compliance with site works.
– Answering all Clients inquiries or doubts with regards to report.
– Preparing reports for soil investigation in accordance with BS 5930 per Dubai Municipality requirements.
– Recommending type of foundations depending on the type of structure which will be established.
– Calculating allowable bearing pressure for shallow and raft foundations.
– Calculating allowable compression and uplift loads for a particular pile diameter.
– Giving soil profile and soil parameters as per building code 1997.
3. Company : Verman Construction and Marine Services
Position : Civil Engineer
Duration : June 2005 to April 2006
Scope of Responsibilities:
– Attend meeting and bidding conferences.
– Monitor accomplishment or progress of work and daily activities.
– Monitor materials needed for all project.
– Monitor over all status of the company.
– Design and estimate.
– Prepare progress billing.
– Prepare a work schedule and shop drawings.
– Check all drawings as per actual works.
– Prepare bar cutting schedules.
– Prepare all construction data prior to construction
– Attend pre-bidding and submitted quotation at Herma Shipyard in Bataan
on the following project:
o Proposed 30,000 DWT Drydock.
o Dismantling and Relocation of Warehouse.
o Construction of Perimeter Fence along Barangay Bato-Bato.
o Rehabilitation of Ex-Foundry Building.
o Construction of Cyclone Wire.
o Perimeter Fence along Admin Building.
– Do some necessary documentation as needed on Malaysia Project such as:
a. 1000 units UKM housing project.
b. Reclamation of Jelutong Project.
4. Company : F.F. Cruz & Shimizu (J.V.) Corporation
Position : Apprentice / Quantity Surveyor
Project : Batangas Port Project – Phase II
Extension of Pier and Container Terminal Berths
Duration : June to October 2004
Scope of Responsibilities
– Take charge of survey works with the aid of survey team.
– Monitor accomplishment, manpower, equipment. Checking drawings as per actual works of rebar installation, earthworks, form setting and concreting of pile caps
– Estimate concrete and prepare pouring request assignments.