MR. LEOVEL CUARTO CONCEPCION
9323-A Sampaguita Street, Guadalupe Nuevo, Makati City, Philippines
[email protected] / +639424395661
I have strong knowledge in general accounting which includes, but not limited to, accounts payable and receivables processing, budgeting, treasury, fixed assets, trial balance reconciliation and financial reporting. I also specialize in resolving issues and improving the processes in consideration of internal controls.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
Civil service eligible with license number 10050300 issued on 24th day of April, 2003 pursuant to the provisions of Presidential Decree number 907 to be able to work in Philippine government
More than 12 productive years of professional development and experience in Finance, Accounting and Management in various multinational companies
Worked overseas in United Arab Emirates (UAE) handling projects and general accounting
Strong knowledge in using computer applications (SAP, MS excel, MS powerpoint and MS word)
With profound analytical skills, decision making ability; an effective problem solver
Self-motivated, team player and works systematically to deliver results within a specified time frame
Can supervise a team anchored on proactive and teamwork leadership
With experience in working with various culture and nationalities such as Belgian, Pakistan, Indian, Arabic, Filipino, German, Nepali, Sri Lankan, Syrian, Egyptian, Spanish, Albanian, Singaporean, Italian, American, Thai, Chinese and South African
With background in Integrated Management System (IMS) Internal Audit Course covering Quality, Environment and Health & Safety. Passed the exam conducted by Vincotte International Middle East LLC from May 31 to June 3, 2015 in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Accounting backlog specialist as I was able to update and to resolve the issues on payables, payments and general ledger variances for Smartmatic Philippines covering 2014 to 2015
Expert in handling internal documents control and process improvement for effective finance operations
Knowledgeable in SAP, Dynamics GP, Dynamics AX, Reafsoft, Kofax and MYOB accounting systems
Can handle accounting migration, interpret process flow and create flow chart to document the procedures
Can do treasury function and has technical know-how on purchasing process
Has experience in doing wireless payment transfer to different countries in relation to goods ordered or equipment purchased
Project Accountant April 04, 2016 to Present
16th Floor, Accralaw Tower, 2nd Ave. Cor. 30th Street,
Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
1. Successfully resolved the accounting backlogs in a short span of time (6 months) which covered years 2014 to 2015 of accounts payable, payments, trial balance accounts, accruals, audit adjustments and tax.
2. Conducted a meeting with head office finance in Panama for the deliberation of the proposed solutions, upon discussion with Finance Manager of Smartmatic Philippines.
3. Led the outsourced accountants in investigating the undocumented accounting transactions.
4. Helped the Finance Manager in implementing effective internal accounting control system to avoid accounting backlog.
5. Validated the business tax computation of City of Taguig and was able to negotiate based on documents to lower the fees. With this effort the company saved around Php350, 000.00 for the business permits renewal.
6. Served as the lead person in undertaking external audit and in reconciling the general ledger accounts.
Assistant Project Accountant March 15, 2014 to July 31, 2015
Aertssen Machinery Services Ltd. Abu Dhabi
P.O. Box 40196, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
1. Properly handled the finance operations of the company under the supervision of the head accountant. This includes the payables, receivables, accruals, prepayments, accounts reconciliation, banks and petty cash.
2. Resolved issues on disputed invoices with suppliers in reference to contract signed and purchase order.
3. Served willfully as a point person for any documents related to internal auditing and supporting schedules to validate the recording process.
4. Managed fairly the liquidity report every week to ensure that the liquid assets can cover up the daily operations of the company and trigger the head office in case we need additional fund for the branch.
5. Helped as business analyst to improve any accounting processes by recommending system improvements to IT.
Senior Accountant February 3, 2012 to February 04, 2014
Dredging International-MEDCO JV
P.O. Box 53804, Abu Dhabi, U.A.E.
1. Achieved accurate recording of the petty cash transactions of all employees for the SARB project and strictly implemented the company’s policy for reimbursable items only.
2. Handled properly the work advances and cash advances of the entire crew and observed correctly the cash returns to offset the balance against their salary.
3. Was able to counter check the preparation of payments for the suppliers to avoid double pay for the entire project.
4. Resolved any issues concerning statement of accounts of the suppliers against books and asked them to provide credit memo to correct the balance.
5. Awarded salary increase for the good performance during the entire year.
Accountant August 23, 2011 to October 31, 2011
Musandam Rock LLC
P.O. Box 550, P.C. 130, Adhaiba, Muscat R.C. 1843338
Sultanate of Oman
1. Handled properly the accounts payable of the company and resolved any issues concerning suppliers billings.
2. Monitored the petty cash issuances and implemented strictly the policy on reimbursement.
3. Transacted to the banks for cheques deposit, encashment and payments for any transactions of the company.
Accountant II December 01, 2005 to April 25, 2011
Smart Communications, Inc.
Smart Tower Building, 6799 Ayala Avenue, Makati City, 1226 Philippines
1. Managed accurately the budget of various assigned groups to be able to know that they utilize the budget based on the approved Purchase Request (PR) by the management committee.
2. Capitalized the assets on a timely basis based on the project completion report by field engineers to realize monthly capital expenditures target.
3. Provided an updated retirement and depreciation of fixed assets to tally the books against actual records for Visayas and Mindanao cell sites.
4. Submitted on time inventory analysis report to determine provision for inventory obsolescence on consumable items.
5. Conducted on a yearly basis an actual visit to sample cell sites to know if the equipment installed tally against the system records. A noted difference is properly investigated to see movement of equipment to other cost centers.
6. Established an accrual basis on various rollout cell sites based on percentage completion report to recognize liabilities on a timely manner.
Accounting Assistant January 03 to June 30, 2005
Merisant Sweetener (Philippines), Inc. – United Laboratories Subsidiary
3rd Floor, Bonaventure Building, Ortigas Avenue, Greenhills, San Juan, Metro Manila, Philippines
1. Handled accurately the daily finance operations of the company such as invoicing, bookkeeping, payments and collections to ensure timeliness of accounting records.
2. Collaborated with suppliers to resolve issues on disputed invoices to come up to an agreed adjustment.
3. Shared my ideas for the successful migration of process from manual to automated accounting system.
4. Reconciled variances of some general ledger accounts to ensure that journal entries were posted accurately.
Audit Staff 1 January 16 to October 4, 2004
Universal Robina Corporation (URC)
#13 E. Rodriguez Jr. Avenue, Bagong Ilog, Pasig City, Philippines
1. Conducted fraud audit to determine any possible collusion to some departments by validating some sample documents to see accuracy of records.
2. Analyzed the operational processes of three sugar plants to identify lapses and be able to recommend solutions to management by having a series of meetings based on audited report.
3. Performed haphazard sampling to check the accuracy of accounting records to enhance the internal controls.
4. Achieved automation of the bagging of sugar and bagasse from sugar canes should be keep properly as a substitute for fuel to run factory engines in order to minimize cost of production.
Safety Officer June 15, 2002 to March 31, 2003
Dihiansan Trucking Services
102 Bagumbayan Norte, Naga City, Philippines
1. Monitored properly the performance of Team B drivers, the queuing, estimated time of arrival (ETA) and actual time of delivery to minimize time losses to satisfy customer demands.
2. Conducted a weekly tool box meeting with Team B drivers for any hazard observations on the road and recommended appropriate solutions to have zero accident.
3. Implemented strictly the Safety Training Observation Program (STOP) by Philippines Shell to have tight controls on fuel delivery as a flammable products.
4. Prepared reports in any case encountered by Team B drivers on the road to document the necessary performance improvements.
5. Successfully achieved zero accidents during the entire year and received team awards for best performance.
Bachelor of Science in Accountancy, Universidad De Santa Isabel, Naga City, Philippines
Graduated Cum Laude, March 2002
Graduated with honor and average grade of 90.00