(416) 557 8650 | [email protected] | www.linkedin.com/in/liamtang
Possesses strong interpersonal and conflict management skills, and the willingness to learn and adapt in new or changing environments. Detail-oriented and able to critically analyse problems and suggest solutions. Actively looking for opportunities and willing to relocate.
· Tech-savvy – Proficient in MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel), Adobe (Photoshop, Lightroom, Premiere Pro), Social media engagement
· Fluent in English (5/5), Mandarin Chinese (4/5), and Malay (4/5)
· Team-oriented; comfortable working independently and with minimal supervision
Tech-savvy and confident with new software from various industries; able to trouble-shoot and provide solutions to software issues
Recruiter Apr 2017 – Present
Experis-Veritaaq (Manpower Group) Toronto, ON
· Specialised in recruiting for banking and telecommunications clients – BMO, CIBC, RBC, TD, Scotiabank, Morgan Stanley, and Rogers.
· Sourced, assessed, and hired for IT and Professional Services positions such as Project Manager, Project Coordinator, Business Analyst, Technical Support, Developer, QA / Pen Tester, Cybersecurity Consultant, Marketing Manager, etc.
· Recruited 3-5 positions simultaneously within 48 hours submission dateline
· Provided candidates with career counselling, labour market outlook, resume edits, and interview preparations
· Built and managed candidate relationships, as well as collaborated with account executives and team members to hire best-fit candidates based on hiring manager requirements.
· Utilised Bullhorn (Applicant Tracking System), Monster, Indeed, LinkedIn Recruiter, and Boolean search strings to source candidates
Recruiter Jun 2016 – Feb 2017
Randstad Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
· Full cycle recruitment specialised in Sales, Marketing, and Support positions within the Banking and Finance Industry (i.e., Branch Manager, Sales Manager, Customer Service Representatives, etc.)
· Built & streamlined strong talent pipeline for top local and foreign banks, as well as SMEs for bulk and urgent hiring
· Attracted top talents through various sourcing strategies (i.e., advertising, referrals, database / Boolean search); conducted face-to-face / phone interviews to assess candidate-job match based on qualifications, personality, and work culture fit
· Counselled and managed candidate & client expectations; conducted background checks. Acquired new business through cold calls, leads, client visits, assessing hiring managers’ needs, and negotiation of terms
Attended school full-time between 2012 – 2016
Social Media Marketer & Writer Feb – Jul 2015
The Cereal Press (Online lifestyle/news site) Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
· Increased public interest and following for the online news startup towards its launch date via various social media platforms. I.e., Facebook page, Instagram.
· Wrote articles for online publication in areas of mobile technology and lifestyle
Reception Staff 2011
Milford Sound Lodge Milford Sound, New Zealand
· Provided excellent customer service through enquiries, bookings, and complaints management in person and via phone & email; communicated with tour agencies for customer bookings
Bachelor of Psychology (Hons) 2012 – 2016
HELP University Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Pride Toronto (Toronto, Ontario) Apr 2017 – Present
· Mental Health Team Lead: Spearheaded Pride Toronto’s first mental health initiative to:
(1) Promote mental well-being of Pride staffs and volunteers through regular check-ins and suggestions to manage stress.
(2) Provide resources on counselling, outreach programs, community centres, and crisis lines to Toronto’s LGBTQ+ community through affiliation with other non-profit & for-profit mental health organisations.
· Welcome Centre Team Lead: Trained volunteers, planned centre layout, and provided assistance and outreach to Pride 2017 festival’s visitors.
Building Malaysia’s First “Earthship” (Jelebu, Malaysia) Feb 2016 – Apr 2016
· Constructed a self-sustaining building from natural and re-purposed materials with the indigenous tribe in Jelebu, Malaysia
After-school Tutoring (Java, Indonesia) Jan 2016
· Taught children of various ages English language, songs, and games across several villages in Java, Indonesia
Tzu Chi Humanitarian Foundation (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia) 2010 – 2015
Separated recyclables in monthly community recycling program; visited homes and leprosy centres
Pride Toronto June 2017
· Awarded “The Hardwick Award” for ‘exceptional volunteerism, passion and dedication to Pride Toronto’s community’.
Psychology colloquium Nov 2015
· Awarded Best Speaker of the Venue for presenting thesis research.
“So You Think You Are a Psychologist?” challenge 2014
Won first prize for proposing an intervention programme to counteract racism amongst Malaysian primary school children.
· Photographer & Videographer: Camps, yearbook, weddings, “Psych TV”
· Writer: HELP Matriculation Centre’s newsletter ‘Matrics!’
· Organizer: HELP Tour Club Evening, Raleigh’s Indigenous Village project