BCOMM: Marketing and Finance, Co-op
Carleton University, Ottawa
Marketing Specialist September- December 2017
FarmLead, Ottawa, ON
Independently led company social media channels and supported search engine marketing campaigns by tracking metrics and building independent campaigns using Google Analytics and Facebook Ads Manager. Utilized best practices for company SEO. Represented company while forging new relationships with media outlets to build brand awareness.
Customer Relationship Management Intern May- August 2017
Sonnet Insurance, Toronto, ON
Supported the organization’s on-going email marketing efforts by building, user testing, and sending marketing campaigns with Salesforce Marketing Cloud. Independently controlled customer surprise and delight campaign to promote customer loyalty. Strategized customer “Win-Back Campaign” to re-instate customers who cancelled their policies.
Residence Assistant August 2016- April 2017
Carleton University, Ottawa, ON
Fostered student growth and development by implementing programming, organizing events and remaining accessible on a 24/7 basis. Responded to high-risk situations by following protocols and utilizing interpersonal skills.
Marketing Specialist May- August 2016
Invest Ottawa, Ottawa, ON
Utilized Google Analytics to determine the page traffic as result from Facebook advertisements. Developed new blog campaign while simultaneously maintaining an on-going campaign series. Successfully forged new relationships with businesses in Ottawa to promote the Ottawa start-up community. Independently supported the social media presence (Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube) of the organization.
• Increased online engagement and positioned Invest Ottawa as thought leader through content development
Marketing Coordinator January- April 2016
QC Career School, Ottawa, ON
Optimized search engine optimization by developing and performing an ongoing link building strategy. Researched online competitors to develop business strategy. Developed relationships with industry bloggers to earn guest blogging opportunities. Leveraged Hootesuite to support social media accounts.
• Increased connectedness between stakeholders and the organization’s online platform
Sales Specialist May- August 2014
Cisco Systems, Toronto, ON
Proactively telemarketed Cisco customers to inform them of impending warranty expirations. Verified contact information by identifying the right decision maker and built customer rapport. Arranged for customers to call the Cisco Partner to renew the warranty contract.
• Achieved more than $1.7M in contract renewals, exceeding quota for FY15 quarterly period
Sprott Marketing Students’ Association “VP Operations” May 2017- April 2018
• Assisted the President in organizing activities of the SMSA
• Supervised Director of External Relations and Director of Finance to ensure they had resources necessary for completing their positions
JDC Central “Charity Director” May 2017- January 2018
• Organized the fundraising activities and charity hours of the SPROTT delegation to improve upon previous years’ achievements
Sprott Competes “International Delegate” September 2015- January 2017
• Committed to weekly team practices and individual developmental assignments to prepare for
• Motivated self-starter
• Written and verbal communication
• Research and analysis
• Prioritization and organization
• Team work
• Google Analytics
• Facebook Ads Manager
• Salesforce Marketing Cloud
• Hootsuite and Tweet Deck
• Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc.)
• Microsoft Office (Word, Power Point, and Excel)
• Beginner HTML skills