I am a creative and self-motivated Broadcasting Graduate with years of experience. I have a track record of getting tasks/projects done on time and to the highest standards. I possess a wide range of valuable skills that I have gained through my education, volunteering and hands on experience. From working as a Marketing Coordinator for Blue Ant Media and an Administrative Assistant for the Ontario Provincial Police, the skills I have acquired can be well utilized as your Marketing Assistant.
BLUE ANT MEDIA Toronto, Ontario
Marketing Coordinator Nov 2016- Present
· Efficiently process invoices and employee expenses in a timely manner.
· Track the marketing budget for all campaigns, social spend, and event spend.
· Deliver creative briefs to promo producers and creative designers to ensure great content is made for social and on air.
· Deliver weekly PPG’s to ensure schedulers air promos to meet marketing’s needs.
· Act as the sole assistant to the President of Canadian Networks.
· Ensure all brand websites are tracked and up to date on new shows, promos, and ads.
· Ensure all BDU Partners are given up to date promos and brand information for Channel rebrands, or new channel launches.
ONTARIO PROVINCIAL POLICE Toronto, Ontario
File Coordinator / Administrative Assistant Jan 2015 – Nov 2016
· Enter and retrieve data from a variety of computer software programs for investigation; Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC), Niche, Equifax, AS/400
· Complete credit, driver’s license and criminal record checks while operating within standard policies, procedures and practices.
· Perform the duties of the Executive Assistant of the Bureau Commander in her absence.
· Prepare Staffing Approvals, and Transfer/Promotion forms for employee management.
· Construct various tracking databases through MS office programs (excel, word, PowerPoint) and Kaizen software and maintain the records for compliance purposes.
· Management and tracked all of the OPP and AGCO Fleet operations.
· Organized security sweeps and tracking of athlete transportation with the Emergency Response Team
· Assisted production staff in executing live and recorded national television broadcasts.
· Production duties, which included research, pre-production, live action shoots, teleprompter, and post-production
· Assist with production timelines while working with Producers and Directors to allocate resources necessary to complete programming objectives prior to each daily show.
· Communicate with vendors, and outside sources to arrange off-site events. Work with producers and make sure all the needs for the Talent and guests are met. As evidenced in my assistance during the 2014 Canadian Screen Awards, The 2014 Toronto International Film Festival and the 2014/2015 ET Canada Year’s Eve Show.
· Perform administrative duties including preparing correspondence, reports, expense claims, scheduling meetings, booking boardrooms, making travel arrangements, and maintaining weekly schedules.
· Thoroughly exposed to the roles of the Production Coordinator and their streams by covering positions during staffing changes, sick days and vacation periods.
NIAGARA COLLEGE Welland, ON
Advanced Diploma – Broadcasting – Radio, Television and Film
· Provided me with the opportunity to gain professional training in television and radio presentation and production, along with a high degree of competency that has enabled me to begin a career within the broadcast industry.
· Studies focused on the fundamental skills in on–air presentation, script writing, and audio/video production, Final Cut Pro / Photoshop etc. necessary to create and produce effective television and radio programming.
BROCK UNIVERSITY St. Catharines, ON
Major in Communications
· Courses explored issues devoted to modern communication topics and provided me with valuable tools that enable critical inquiry into the practices of communication, popular culture, and film.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
(College Television & Radio Program) Sept 2012 – April 2014
· Hosted and produced live television and radio shows at Niagara College, where I was given my own specialty radio show. During this experience I managed all aspects of production including producer, director, pre- production, live action shoots and ENG, editorial, post-production, music licensing, audio mixing, and final format delivery for broadcast and web. I also participated in sports mobiles for hockey, soccer, basketball and football, including reporting on the Niagara Ice Dogs for daily radio newscasts.
NC Expert- NIAGARA COLLEGE Oct 2012 – Oct 2013
· Helped recruitment by scheduling appointments and assisted students with accessing the institutions facilities by:
o Aiding students both in person and via phone with questions regarding course registration.
o Providing referrals to campus programs and resources, as well as giving tours on campus.
· Assisted with the planning and implementation of College Events such as student orientation and sporting events acting as an Ambassador for Niagara College.
· Organized college visits from prospective students and facilitated Q&A sessions.
Academic Advisory Council, Niagara College
Marketing Street Team, Brock University Student Union
Northumberland Youth Advisory Council
PHFSC – Can-Skate Coach
Available upon request