Company:ROHQ CITI BANK NA
Period:November 2015 – July 2018
Position:Finance and Risk Operation – Balance Sheet Substantiation Manager
▪ Conducts Management Controls Assessment to check balance and alignment with the Financial Directives.
▪ Monthly attestation of the Balance Sheet accounts.
▪ Review the substantiation made by the maker of proof.
▪ Assess the reasonableness of the balances and make necessary commentaries and impose possible remediation.
▪ Post-mortem calls to discuss overdue balances and monthly issues for possible correction and remediation.
▪ Ensures that production is performed and executed within SLA to maintain customer satisfaction
▪ Reviews items that cause unreconciled balances between the subsidiary ledger and the general ledger, the review also includes other balance sheet issues such as aging, unsupported and unconfirmed items and abnormal balances
▪ Performs other forms of substantiating accounts based on the profile of each account
▪ Reviews the details of the outstanding balance and identifies and escalates issues, if any.
▪ Ensures that errors and issues for assigned accounts are identified, properly escalated and reported in a timely manner and coordinates these with account owners from various units and businesses for corrective action and advises them of preventive actions
▪ Performs testing for system enhancements or resolutions to ensure that updates/changes will not disrupt the production process once implemented
▪ Leads or participates in regional or in-country projects that promote innovation in the work station, cost savings, voice of the employees and other activities that will make Citi Shared Services as a workplace of choice
▪ Develop a strong working relationship with the internal Citi customers serviced by the unit, ensuring that high quality service standards are maintained
▪ Develop customer service excellence which includes metrics distribution, conducting customer service calls and initiating process improvements.
– Successful migration of local system to Fullsuite integration for the pilot country – Philippines and succeeding APAC countries such as China, Thailand, Vietnam, and Singapore. Project made the proofing and substantiation efficient.
– Strong contribution to the Management and Control Assessments. This kind of internal audit reduces the risk of mistakes or non-compliance to the directive.
– Involved in various projects – Speedcollect, DeepdiveAnalysis
Company:SHELL BUSINESS OPERATIONS – MANILA, Makati City Philippines
Period:March 2012 – November 2015
Position:Credit Planning and Analysis Specialist and SME
▪ Business Partnering through regular communication and sought feedback with business counterpart.
▪ Ensuring timeliness, accuracy, completeness and comparability of information and understanding of all credit results, reporting analysis with full commentary to all stakeholders.
▪ Produce relevant Credit Management Information for the Region and selected Business Segments to support critical business decision making.
▪ Support/enhance/initiate standard and smart operational reports that are relevant and consistent.
▪ Support and participate on Global initiatives and projects.
▪ Prepare Credit Management Information for Credit committees in and across the Business Segments in co-operation with relevant Credit Management
▪ Track and report on data quality issues and change requests on a periodic basis and systematically drive improvements with the network of Focal Points
▪ Systematically track usage and engage with recipients of Credit MI reports to ascertain degree of customer satisfaction
▪ Support the development of a framework for Focal Points to submit Credit MI analytics and commentary meeting requirements.
– Lead the migration of the process that resulted to downsizing – from 17 to 7 members. This also lead to efficiency of the processes and the team was able to absorb more migrated activities.
– Lead the training process globally of all the migrated accounts to other service centres. This also included the workshop and training of all users and leads across all regions.
Company:SHELL BUSINESS OPERATIONS – MANILA, Makati City Philippines
Period:October 2008 – March 2012
Position:Senior Analyst – Record to Report Manage Close
Account Balancing Forecast – prepare monthly forecasts used by other individuals for their account reconciliation
Status of Accounts Reconciliation – explanation of any variance or unusual balance.
Monthly Journal Vouchers – prepare Credit Card Issuer journal entries for Sales and any adjustments to it for each closing period.
Wire Transfer – daily review and approval of joint venture settlement.
Reconciliation – balance sales between Card Issuers such as AMEX, Bakcards, Cobrand, Discover, Wright Express, and Voyager and Shell Retailers by reconciling Credit Card mainframe system (SM09 and SM10) to SAP using downloads and queries from Credit Card system. Reconciliations of Card Issuer Confirmation to Credit Card Reports for gross sales to cash payments. Reconciliation includes: download Credit Card system (SM09) reports, identification/resolution of any out-of balances, verify payment according to contract terms, and verify Card Issuer fee calculations plus chargeback/tax exemption balancing.
RESOLUTIONS – research for any discrepancies between Shell, Issuers, and third parties to resolve issues.
Query Citibank – account for deposits by Card Issuer, requires special software program and access to third party banking system.
Process training to new joiners.
– Collaborated with the US counterparts regarding the improvement of the process from manual to paperless automated.
– Trained the entire team of the Credit Card and Finance of both the BAUs of Credit Card accounting and Fraud.
– Implemented weekly fraud monitoring which lowered terminal’s fraud activities.
– Promoted from senior Analyst to Specialist (SME).
Company:SMITS, Inc. – San Miguel Information Technology Inc
Period:January – September 2008
Position:SAP B1 Consultant
Presentation of the SAP Business One’s functionalities and demo on the modules. This include peer training within the team and to the functional gurus as well as to clients.
Documentation of client’s business process and validation of its feasibility of SAP Business One’s application. This includes the formulation of the To-Be process based on the studies and documentations of client’s requirement whether the system meets their Business need.
Blueprinting of the proposed and agreed processes.
Configuration and Initialization of the system.
Testing and Training. This includes several simulation and dry run to prove efficiency of the system and user’s training for each of the necessary modules pertaining to their function.
Implementation. Providing quality implementation of the system usage and continuous support for any troubles during live applications.
– Implementation of SAP B1 to one of San Miguel’s subsidiaries – Monterey. From manual to systemized accounting process. This included strong collaboration with the whole accounting department and their leads.
Company:SM MART, Inc. – SM Department Stores – Head Office
Period:April 2004 to January 2007
Monthly Reporting – analysis of Sales, Operating Expenses, prepare Journal Entries and any adjusting entries, accruals, prepare monthly cash forecasts, all of which used in Financial reporting.
Annual Reporting – preparation of entries for the closing of books.
Fixed Assets – acquisition processing, validation, and monitoring of accounts as well as maintenance of lapsing schedule for monthly depreciation entries and any retirement, sale, or inter-branch transfers.
Insurance – Processing for payment and preparation of its monthly amortization and journal entries including allocation among the branches and making any adjusting journal entries.
Cash Disbursement – reports and summary, uploading branches’ flat file and consolidation with the Head Office’s accounts. Monthly posting of manual journal entries to the Oracle system.
Bank Reconciliation – monthly reconciliation and adjustment of Books versus Bank Accounts.
SCRF – Audit of Separation and Clearance Report of resigned, retire, or terminated employees with regards to their accountabilities, corresponding benefits, and Net Pay.
Sales and Inventory Performance Report of all Shoemart branches.
Others – annual Physical Count, NSO Reports, audit schedules and month-end reports including operating expenses for the period, and releasing of Expanded Withholding Tax.
Accounts Payable – verification of invoices, purchase orders, and pertinent documents for the payment approval. Producing reports regarding the suppliers unpaid accounts, Return to Vendors, making necessary debit and credit memos, and preparation of period’s output tax reports per accountable area.
Accounts Receivables – billing of Fixed Assets Transfers to branches and inter-office sales and transactions.
– Promoted as a general accountant from the accounts payable process.
– Resolved the Fixed Assets Issues by promoting the correct lapsing schedule and doing correcting entries from the previous years already non-existing or exhausted assets