A competent professional with nearly 17 years of experience in:
~Documentation Control ~Liaison & Coordination ~Reporting & Documentation
~Project Management ~Client Management ~Audits & Inspection
~Material Management ~Team Management ~Strategic Planning
Demonstrated excellence in planning & coordinating document control functions; proficient in handling the execution of document management processes / procedures and managing Document Management System to ensure data integrity by Document Control Department
Proficient in processing project drawings & electronic files, scanning & entering documents into Document Repository Software and distributing them as per Documents Control Guideline
Proven abilities in providing an auditable trail of incoming & outgoing documentation on all projects
An innovative professional with excellent communication, analytical, negotiation and problem-solving skills
Examining the documents such as drawings & change orders to verify completeness & accuracy of data
Liaising with document originators / personnel to resolve discrepancies & ensure compliance with required changes
Posting changes to computerized / manual control records & releases documents and notifying the affected departments; maintaining related files and preparing requests for reproduction of documents
Receiving, controlling & updating the distribution of documents (drawings, method statements, transmittals, letters and invoices of hard & soft copies) to sub-contractors (water pipeline network) as per company approved procedures
Defining the document workflow mechanism for each department as per nature of documentation
Performing internal management audits on all functions in the organization
Assessing & understanding contents and ensuring the faster response (when matters are critical)
Describing folders & document numbering system for project & tender files in a logical manner for easy access & retrieval
Handling follow-up with respective document originators or approvers as per the timelines set for each set of documentAREAS OF EXPERTISE
Schlumberger, Coimbatore, India as Project Document Controller/Quality Technician
• On-site & remote supports, coordination with regional project team for DC workflows
• Maintain a Master Document Register (MDR) consisting of drawings, specifications, procedures and plans.
• Examining documents such as blueprints, drawings, change orders, and specification to verify completeness and accuracy of data.
• Monitor due dates for drawings, specifications, software, technical manuals, and other documents. Also monitor the status of project to ensure documentation is submitted according to schedule.
• Preparation and maintaining a filing system in Livelink/EDMS as per project requirements which allows management team to get an updated Customer & Supplier issued documents as receiving, recording, and processing for internal and external organisations review and approval.
• Manage the flow of correspondence in and out of the company through proper transmittals; ensure outgoing documents are accurate, comply with company standards and policies, route correspondence to correct associates; and protect and secure confidential and proprietary information.
• Copy or scan materials; organize, maintain, and safeguard files and database.
• Review and verify project documents for completeness, format, and compliance with contract requirements.
• Submit project documentation to management team for approval, and transmit approved documents to customer.
• Document distribution to the project team and customers for review and comments.
• Printing, compiling and shipping of MRBs (final documentation) to regional teams
• Receiving, distribution, and tracking of comments received from the customers.
• Conferring with engineers, managers, customers, and others to discuss the project, prepare documents, or modify contract schedules.
• Project status and Management report preparation and submission
• Guiding and leading team members review and monitor their work performance.
• Conferring with document originators or engineer’s liaison personnel to resolve discrepancies and compiling required changes to documents.
• Posting changes to computerized or manual control records, releases documents, and notifies affected departments.
• Assist MRP activities to all regionals by extend the part numbers and PR creations.
• Preparing reports and memorandums.
• Providing a working partnership with other departments, assisting flow of company info.
Formulating Detailed Project Document control Activities with controlling the Reports, Design, Drawings and also in preparation. Experience in Implementing EDMS into Industry and Supporting management and administration for QCQA audits. Submit project documentation to management team for approval, and transmit approved documents to customer. Manage the flow of correspondence in and out of the company through proper transmittals; ensure outgoing documents are accurate, comply with company standards and policies, route correspondence to correct associates; and protect and secure confidential and proprietary information
To provide quality services that exceeds the expectations of our esteemed customers. As an experienced Project Document Controller, my tenacious and proactive approach resulted in numerous important Projects wins between Leeds &Houston with CMI. My excellent Document management skills have provided my team with vital client leads, and my ability to develop client (Leeds) relationships has resulted increase of projects to CMI business. I want to grow through creativity, invention and innovation with my organization and customer.
Qatar Petroleum, Doha, Qatar as Document/Materials Controller
• Reviewed and maintained project deliverables received from contractor related to engineering and materials through ASSAI and PDMS
• Ensured quality is maintained by the Project Management Team by adhering to the set Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
• Developed & maintained Document Distribution Matrix from Contractor’s Master Deliverables Register
• Prepared weekly reports of project documents & drawings, vendor documents and SPIRs and presented the same to the Project Engineer (PE) and Senior Document / Materials Controller for necessary follow-up
• Worked in close coordination with the Project Management Team, Lead and Senior Project Engineers and Senior Document / Materials Controller for handling daily project documentation related activities
• Interacted with Contractor, End User and Materials Department for finalizing SPIRs
• Maintained SPIR Status Report and interacted with PE, End User and Materials Department for Final handover.
• Interfaced with Contractor, Senior Document and Materials Controller for resolving all the issues related to quality, physical quantities, discrepancies on certification, etc.
• Accountable for issuing external transmittal with PE signature for contractor’s necessary action
• Reviewed & approved Project Dossiers and ensuring dossiers are handed over to the concerned parties
• Recorded incoming & outgoing transmittals and ensured PMT closeout documents within the specified review cycle for dispatching comments to contractor
• Engaged in effective control of SPIRs for the coding of materials and timely delivery of spare parts in coordination with End User and Material Department for timely closure of Onshore Projects
• Implemented Document Control functionality of the Project Document Management System for the assigned Onshore Engineering projects
• Reviewed & updated project database, including engineering / materials documentation and drawings corresponding to f Consultants, Contractors and Vendors.
• Monitored & ensured document control process is conducted within established engineering standards and approved procedures
• Met the ‘CLOSE-OUT’ requirements by consolidating project documentation
• Handled drawings and Spare Parts Interchangeability Record (SPIRs)
• Interacted with Senior Document / Materials Controller to ensure consistency and quality is maintained in the process
• Steered efforts in developing Engineering standard procedures for maintaining documents and managing change control of documents
• Developed strong relationships with clients, managers and team members which helped QP improve client relationships and grow business
• Improved the timeliness of documenting process from approximately 12 to 7 days
• Faced and overcame key challenges like completion of projects on time, handling spares
I was seconded to Qatar Petroleum (Client ) and Germanischer Lloyd(Third Party Inspection) for QP LAB Project at Mesaieed Qatar. Using Project Information Management System (PIMS) for scanning & uploading projects related correspondences, drawings & Documents. Receive and stamp, all incoming / outgoing documents and Register project for project wise. Reads and analyzes incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution. Organizing Filing system (project wise) including File labeling, File numbering, Table of contents/Index, File location maintaining, storage of Files and dispensing of obsolete documents/records etc., Supervising incoming and outgoing mail distribution Organizing and follow up of incoming documents. Preparing Audit Reports, NCRs, and keeping record of them. Sending notifications to Sub-contractors. Filing all NCR’s and Audit reports.