Phone: (647) 946-9852
Email: [email protected]
A Detail Oriented Developer turned QA consultant who is passionate for Software Quality Assurance with 3+ years of industry experience as a Software QA in Financial Banking, Telecommunication, E-commerce and Development Projects.
· Detail oriented and expert in analyzing the Business Requirements and Automation flows.
· Strong knowledge of STLC and SDLC with experience in writing, executing test cases, test scenarios and familiar with software development methodologies such as Agile (Scrum & Kanban), Waterfall.
· Good knowledge of Test Planning, Test Procedures, Test Case Preparation, Test Results, Generating Bugs, Tracking and Bug Reporting and maintaining the Test suits
· Sound knowledge of Defect Life cycle and defect logging process and defect reporting. Worked on different Bug tracking tools such as Jira, Bugzilla.
· Performed various types of testing such as functionality, regression, integration, System, GUI, Web, Black box and White-box testing on mobile and web based application
· Automation testing done with Selenium Web driver and worked with TestNG/Junit Framework
· Comfortable with Keyword driven, Data driven framework and Page Object Model (POM) design
· Decent experience in Mobile Testing for checking various working functionalities and identifying defects in various mobile applications built for Android, Windows, iOS and BlackBerry devices.
· Proficient in performing Accessibility Testing and experience of using screen reader tools such as JAWS.
· Real experience in automation framework creation using WebDriver with Eclipse and working knowledge of object-oriented programming (Java).
· Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix and validated application against database by writing SQL queries
· Applied White box testing techniques to edit code and updating the scripts for automation test execution
· Experienced on working different build tools like ANT and Maven and continuous integration tool Jenkins.
· Written Complex SQL Queries for retrieving the data from database for Reporting purposes.
· Expertise in Core Java and working experience using web technologies such as Ajax, JQuery, CSS3 and HTML.
· Ability and experience of working closely with QA Managers, Project Managers, Product Owners, Stakeholders as well as Project and business directors.
· Familiar with Test Results analysis and Test Reporting.
· Generated Reports for various purposes using XSLT reports.
· Effective communicator with good presentation skills and work ethics
· Can work independently and as a team under pressure to meet the deadlines.
CIBC Business and Banking Technology (NTT DATA INC) Feb 2017 – May 2018
The Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce, commonly referred to as CIBC, is one of the big five banks in Canada. The bank has three strategic business units: Retail and Business Banking, Wealth Management, and Capital Markets. It has international operations in the United States, the Caribbean, Asia, and Europe.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Worked on both Agile and waterfall methodology based projects.
· Defined Test plans, test strategies from scratch and followed it throughout the whole project.
· Participated in all the testing cycles including System Integration Testing as well as User Acceptance Testing (SIT and UAT cycles).
· Created, executed, updated and maintained Test cases in TestRail by following Acceptance Criteria and Business Rules mentioned in the stories. In addition, actively participated in agile story grooming sessions with Product Managers and Business Analysts in order to understand the requirements thoroughly.
· Performed in depth functional, UI, System Integration testing of the latest Android and iOS build of the financial banking application. Also, accomplished manual testing of the previous in scope version of the BlackBerry and Windows application.
· Verified functionality of the Internet Banking application across all browsers of the Windows and Mac OS based machines. Moreover, implemented and updated the test results by performing manual testing in Android and iOS Tablets.
· Conducted Responsive Testing by inspecting elements of the web application and verifying whole application in all possible browser resolutions.
· Logged, tracked and triaged bugs in JIRA with detail description as well as screen proofs of the problem
· Troubleshooting of errors / bugs through developer tools debugging, console and network tab. In addition, performed shakedown testing in order to verify environmental issues of the build and helped in resolving it.
· Used JAWS screen reader tool in order to perform accessibility testing. Moreover, also executed test cases through keyboard tabbing as a part of accessibility.
· Responsible for sending daily test case creation, execution as well as Defects tracking report to team lead and QA manager.
· Developed Gherkin E2E test scenarios and executed existing automation scripts in simulator built through Selenium, Cucumber and Appium.
· Utilized BitBucket for maintaining automation scripts and pulling a code from it whenever needed.
· Managed and continuously updated Testing Data by creating a separate page on Confluence.
· Migrated test cases of previous version of the application from HP ALM to TestRail.
· Prepared and presented UAT Exit report to business for the QA signoff procedures to make sure that project is completely ready to be pushed in the pilot /production environment.
Technology / Tools Stack: Jira, TestRail, Confluence, Bit Bucket, HP ALM, Dev tools, Android, iOS, JAWS, WCAG 2.0, Gherkin, selenium, Cucumber, Appium, Agile (Kanban – Target Process) and waterfall methodologies.
Bell Media Sep 2015 – Nov 2016
QA Automation Engineer
Bell Media creates content and builds brands that entertain, inform, engage, and inspire audiences through the platforms of their choice. Bell Media owns Astral out of Home with a network of more than 30,000 advertising faces in British Columbia, Alberta, Ontario, Québec, and Nova Scotia. Bell Media also operates more than 200 websites.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Analyzed the Functional Requirements and Planned automation testing activities.
· Developed Test scenarios and created detailed test cases based on the Business requirement documents and Functional Requirement documents.
· Automate scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Java and TestNG
· Automate regression scripts using Selenium WebDriver
· Synchronized the automation test flows with Manual test cases.
· Performed functional testing, system integration testing, Smoke testing, end to end testing based on test cases for the before running the automation scripts
· Responsible for implementation of Page Object Model using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Maven and Java, SVN
· Automation cross browser testing done on Safari, Firefox, Chrome and IE using automated Selenium Scripts.
· Performed mobile testing for the app on various devices such as IPhone, Samsung
· Checked compatibility of company’s mobile application on different mobile operating systems such as windows, IOS as well as Android.
· Used Jenkins as Continuous integration server to run Automated test suites nightly.
· Performed cross Platform testing on various devices for different operating systems.
· Involved in Defect Triage meetings with developers on fixing the issues.
· Performed Regression testing on receiving new builds based on the changed and new requirements.
· Performed Web Service (Both Rest and Soap) testing using SoapUI.
· Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like Xpath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
· Prepared the Test Suite with the TestNG framework based on Java and developed the test scripts using TestNG annotations.
· Updated automated test scripts and regression suite based on the new requirements.
· Involved in the giving updates to the scrum master in the daily scrum meetings as part of the agile methodology.
· Extensively worked with End-to-end testing for User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
· Used JIRA for the test management.
· Executed queries in Test Databases using SQL queries for data verification.
Technology Stack: Java, JSP, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, SQL Server, Xpath, CSS3, HTML, Jira, TestRail, Jenkins, SoupUI (Rest and Soap), Agile (Kanban – Target Process)
VectraImage, India June 2012 – Aug 2013
Jr. Web Developer/Software Tester
Vectra Image is a leading provider of webcast, Video Conference and multimedia communication solutions in India. This company also develops websites, web applications, and integration with applications and offers process automation solutions.
Role & Responsibilities:
· Developed online ecommerce websites with fascinating features.
· Updating and Maintaining internal applications.
· Active team member of requirement gathering and developing phases of web development life cycle
· Created Test Plans, Reviewed Test Logs, produced test evaluation summary, and scheduled for re-testing
· Preparing Requirement Traceability Matrix for test cases
· Understanding of clients’ requirements, optimizing them to make system efficient and user friendly
· Use PHP and other enhance web technologies HTML5, CSS and Java script.
· Design UML and Database using Microsoft SQL server 2008
· Prepared excellent documentation and presentation with test cases.
· Executed, documented the test results and involved in Regression testing using QTP
· Involvement in Automation infrastructure development using QTP along with automation specialist
· Reported and tracked the defects during SIT using QC
· Designed and created database in MySQL and applied concepts like Trigger and View
Technology Stack: PHP, QTP, QC, MySQL, HTML, Java script, CSS, XAMPP Server.
Technical Skills and Tools:
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, TestNG, Junit, Maven, Ant, Jenkins (Continuous integration), Quick Test Professional (QTP) / UFT (Unified Functional Testing),
Bug tracking Tools: Quality Center (QC), JIRA, Bugzilla
Languages: C, C++, Java
Databases: MySQL, SQL, MS Access, Oracle 11g
Tools: Eclipse, Visual Studio, Xml Editor, Net beans, MS Office Suite, MS Project 2013, Microsoft Visio 2010, Dreamweaver, WordPress
Operating System: Linux, Windows, Mac
Web Services: SoapUI, Rest and Soap protocol
Types of Testing: Unit, Black box, White box, Mobile and Database and Automation Testing
Server: XAMPP Server
Post-Graduation in Internet Prog and Database Mgt. Jan 2015 – Aug 2015
Lambton College, Toronto, Ontario
Post-Graduation in Project Management Jan 2014 – Aug 2014
Fanshawe College, London, Ontario
Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science July 2008 – May 2012
Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad, India
Website for Restaurant (Lambton College, Toronto)
· Efficiently designed a website for restaurant using HTML5, CSS3 as well as server side scripting language such as PHP during post-graduation in internal programming and database Management.
· Tested the whole website in order to submit error free website as a part of assignment.
E-Commerce Website (Sai Management, India)
· Experienced in building responsive webpages.
· Commendably designed a website using Macromedia Dreamweaver, Microsoft Visio.
· Meritoriously used in-build database for sorting user data as well as to keep track on the user’s account details
*References will be available upon request