PRASHANT SINGH THAKUR
[email protected] | Valley Cottage, NY 10989 | www.linkedin.com/in/prashantthakur1993 | (845) 729-2091
Strategic administrative leader leveraging extensive knowledge of domestic and global policy combined with five years’ experience in legislative and non-profit arenas. Proven ability to communicate effectively across all levels to develop strong internal and external relationships. Researches and analyzes complex issues in support of policy development.
Relationship Building | Team Leadership | Public Speaking | Research & Reporting | Administrative Support | Planning & Execution | Community Outreach | Public Policy Briefings | Political Campaigns | Fundraising | Legislative Relations
MA in United Nations and Global Policy Studies | Rutgers University | New Brunswick, NJ | Expected 2019
BA in Political Science | Norwich University | Northfield, VT | 2015
Washington Semester Program in American Government & Politics | American University | Washington, DC |2014
Program of Academic Exchange (PAX)
Regional Support Specialist | Port Chester, NY | August 2017 to Present
· Secured placement for 200+ international students prior to deadline and contributed to regional placement totals of 500+ through close communication with local coordinators (LC) and outreach to prospective host families and schools.
· Achieved monthly enrollment quotas for two largest regions and on pace for top ranking company-wide through optimization of organizational structure to increase outreach and communication between Regional Managers and LC.
· Monitored placements, changes, contact reports, disciplinary letters, and compliance review for 100+ students and host families. Provided updated information to American Councils as needed.
Admissions Staff | Dobbs Ferry, NY | March 2017 to August 2017
· Attained daily target of 400+ prospective student interactions, highest number of unique visits, and highest conversion to applicant rates in department through creation and implementation of streamlined script.
· Facilitate application, admission, scheduling, and enrollment process for approximately 3K undergrad, transfer, and graduate first-year students.
· Directly managed and mentored team of four, creating systems and optimizing schedules to ensure highest possible response rate and achievement of 50 applicant/100 unique call daily quotas.
State Senator David Carlucci Reelection Campaign
Canvasser | New City, NY | August 2016 to November 2016
· Conducted door-to-door canvassing to disseminate candidate information, secure donations, encourage voter turnout, and gauge level of support among constituency. Maintained up-to-date and accurate voter information records to assist in process.
Engagement Representative | Independent Contractor | Washington, D.C. | November 2015 to April 2016
· Provided high-level support for clients in banking, defense, healthcare, and lobbying industries. Facilitated research, responded to inquiries, provided product training, and participated in client meetings.
· Coordinated work of account managers. Scheduled meetings, appointments, and conference calls, served as liaison with off-site help desk, and executed e-mail campaigns to potential clients.
Global Healthy Living Foundation
Intern/Program Associate | Upper Nyack, NY | May 2015 to October 2015, June 2011 to August 2012
· Coordinated logistics for four major events annually, securing cost-effective transportation for 500+ attendees each. Solicited support from local elected officials, researched venues, and disseminated marketing materials to facilitate event execution.
· Solidified relationships with 1K+ organizations to increase grassroots support, brand awareness, and knowledge of mission. Utilized Google Analytics and coordinated with data scientist to gain insight on new members.
· Improved online presence through optimization of social media posts and 200+ WordPress web pages.
· Attended healthcare-related briefings and meetings on Capitol Hill with Congressional staffers and organizations such as Pfizer, Amgen, and Eli Lilly. Researched and reviewed healthcare legislation including Fail First to summarize legislation and formulate briefings for use by national team.
Democratic National Committee (DNC)
Office of the CEO Intern | Washington, D.C, | January 2014 to April 2014
· Attended Congressional hearings on healthcare and immigration. Prepared briefings and transcribed interviews of top Congressional leadership.
· Assisted in event execution for Presidential speech to DNC Winter Meeting and personally created invitations for State of the Union viewing event to aid in execution of key DNC events.
· Facilitated day-to-day operations of Assistant to CEO and prepared meeting materials and briefings as needed.
Senator Gillibrand’s Office
Intern | Washington, D.C. | May 2013 to July 2013
· Attended hearings and briefings on defense, healthcare, environment, and immigration and authored in-depth memos in support of top Congressional and military leadership. Collaborated with senatorial defense team to create weekly defense updates.
· Prioritized and facilitated constituent communication and identified daily key issues via e-mail and phone.
Microsoft Office: Word; Excel; PowerPoint; Outlook