Set up stations and collect all necessary supplies to prepare a menu for service.
▪ Weigh and measure ingredients for cooking.
▪ Prepare a variety of foods including meat, seafood, poultry, vegetable and cold food items.
▪ Prepare sauces and garnishes for the allocated station.
▪ Cover, date and correctly store all food items as per safe food-handling procedures.
▪ Serve food in keeping with the standards of the establishment.
▪ Ensure the correct temperature of food to make it attractive and tasty.
▪ Taste all food items for quality purpose before serving.
▪ Use food preparation tools following manufactures instructions.
▪ Close the kitchen correctly and follow the closing checklist for kitchen stations.
▪ Maintain an organized and sanitized work area at all times.
▪ Make sure all storage areas are tidy, and all products are stored appropriately.
▪ Constantly use safe and hygienic food handling practices.
▪ Return dirty food preparation utensils to the appropriate areas.
▪ Assist staff with other duties as assigned by kitchen manager.
▪ Cleans kitchen before and after shift.
▪ Sanitize refrigerators and storerooms.
▪ Operate and maintain all kinds of kitchen appliances.
▪ Perform record keeping and reports generation duties.
▪ Order and take delivery of food and supplies.
▪ Report any unforeseen circumstances, maintenance needs or faulty equipment to the manager.
▪ Maintain outstanding working relationships with staff, guests, and supervisors.