RONALDO C. DE VERA
Cavite, Philippines • [email protected] • (+63) 9063106671
• More than 15 years of working experience in Pre-commissioning, Commissioning, Start- Up, and Operations specializing in Oil and Gas, LNG, Petrochemical, and Chemical Industry. Participated in the successful commissioning and start-up of Australia Gas Ltd. LNG Peak Shaving Facility – New Castle, Australia, Exxon Mobil PNG LNG Hides Gas Conditioning Plant – Singapore & Papua New Guinea, CB&I-Hunt Oil Peru LNG Plant – Peru, CB&I-Chevron Cabinda Gas Plant – Angola, JGC CBNH2 -Philippines, JGC PetroRabigh Olefins Plant – Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, Bataan Polyethylene Corporation (Petronas & BP JV) – Philippines.
TECHNICAL HIGHLIGHTS AND ACHIEVEMENTS
• Completed assignment in Veolia (Oil & Gas) Arabia Company, Limited as Commissioning/Acceptance Engineer cum Commissioning Lead Engineer for a 44 tons/hr Halobutyl Rubber waste water stream treatment plant. Performed key role in PSSR punch list close -out. Developed project Systemization marked-up P&IDs, and Wet Test commissioning procedures. Assisted Commissioning Manager in establishing Commissioning Management Plan, CTPs, and Check sheet. Lead a team of discipline engineers (DCS, Electrical, Mechanical), and Process Technicians in conducting pumps, and compressors mechanical run in test, interlocks function check, alarms (set point) verification, control valves tuning and response action, DCS/field communication verification. • All Wet Test successfully executed with client confirmation. Project awarded with RFSU certificate.
• Assigned in Australia as Commissioning Engineer: Lead and performed commissioning activities required for the start- up of AGL Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) Peakshaving facility. Lead LNG tank N2 purge for Oxygen freeing. Participated in key role for the Nitrogen Run of Mixed Refrigerant Loop (MRL) 3 stages Atlas Copco compressor TP14T33DO, Oil flooded screw AustCold BOG compressor WCvi255-13050, First Fill chemical loading of Ethylene and Propane, First Gas In -Natural Gas Purge for start-up of Gas Pre-Treatment unit.
• More than 2 year’s stint at Singapore CB&I Engineering Office as Commissioning Specialist for CB&I Clough JV Exxon Mobil $2 billion PNGLNG Gas Conditioning plant project. Developed Systemization marked-up P&IDs, Commissioning procedures, System Isolation Plan, Turn over Completion Packages, and Start- up Work Packs. Reviewed AMEC Training Manuals for Operations Readiness, sit in HAZOP Reviews of Wellpads and Wellheads start-up procedure. As Senior Commissioning Specialist on site: Attended multi discipline Mechanical Completion Walkdowns, Punchlisting close out, Vessel final inspections prior box-up, and systems completion monitoring thru WinPCS (CB&I Completion Data Base). Lead and implemented pre-commissioning of sub-system and system consist of Air Leak Testing, Drying Out, Inerting, Water Flushing, and Diesel Fuel Circulation Flushing for dual fuel GTG Solar Turbines Mars 100-15000S. Performed lead role in High Pressure Nitrogen Leak Testing, First Fill Chemical Loading, and Dynamic Commissioning: Pumps Mechanical Load Run, Service Test, Diesel Oil Run on Condensation Stabilizer Column and Pumps, Gas Turbine Generator Start-Up operation, Diesel engine Fire Water pump commissioning with Pentair-Nijhuis vendor. • Project completed ahead of schedule with no major incident.
• Participated and performed commissioning, start-up, and performance test operation of a $3 billion Peru LNG plant: LNG Tank & LNG Terminal cool down and filling, Boil Off Gas Compressor (SIEMENS), HC Storage (Ethylene, Propane), Flare, MR/PR Compressor (using Nuovo Pignone Speedtronic Mark V1 GT Control and GE Frame 7 GT drivers), Liquefaction (APCI), and Utilities. Conducted operator training on Boil Off Gas Compressor run, Propane treatment and loading, Ethylene loading and vaporization. • This has become CB&I first successful EPC LNG project.
• Lead a team in pre-commissioning and commissioning of Chevron Cabinda Gas plant process & utilities systems that include: Gas Sweetening, Feed Gas Compressor, Natural Gas Liquid (NGL) Dehydration, Fractionation, Refrigeration, Demineralized, Potable & Fire Water system. Have handled construction job as Field Line Checker prior commissioning.
• Shift Supervisor/Operations Engineer for a $350 million HDPE/ LDPE PETRONAS and BP JV-Bataan Polyethylene Corporation, Philippines. Involved in pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up and operations of Jetty, Cryogenic Feedstock storage, Boil Off Gas Compression & Liquefaction, Ethylene Gasification, & Utilities (Raw Water Treatment, Demineralized Water, Boiler/Steam Generation, & Waste Water Treatment). Have supervised Polymerization, Extrusion, Silos Management, Bagging, & Utilities operations. Developed several Work Operating Instructions. • Promoted from Shift Supervisor to Operations Engineer position for Offsite, Storage, & FPU. Sit in HAZOP Reviews and high potential Risk Assessment. Performed duties of Loading Master for Ethylene receiving. Project attained flawless Commissioning, Start-Up and Guarantee Test. • Project completed in six months and been recognized by JV stakeholders as a record milestone.
• Worked with JGC EPC projects: PetroRabigh Olefins plant as Commissioning Engineer (Japan based), Nickel Refining Plant (Philippines) as Pre-Commissioning Supervisor cum Lead Pre-commissioning/ Commissioning Supervisor. Handled construction job as Line Checkers lead person for Punchlist close-out. Developed pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures. Lead pre- commissioning, commissioning, and start-up of: Coal Fired Power Plant – Steam Generation system, Steam Turbine Power Generation, and Air Separation Unit (PSA) for N2 production.
• HSE best practice trained – Incident Injury Free, Behavior Based Safety, JSA/ JHA, Occupational Hazard Analysis, Safety Audit, Emergency Response, PTW system, SIMOPS. Knowledgeable in DCS Operation, Instrumentations, & Electrical/ Mechanical aspects of Commissioning, Process Control and Safety System, Smart Plant, Emergency Shutdown (ESD) Procedure, HAZOP Reviews.
Job Title: Commissioning/Acceptance Engineer cum Commissioning Lead Engineer (March 5 – July 15, 2016)
Company: EP2C Energy Singapore Pte. Ltd.
Location: VEOLIA (Oil & Gas) Arabia Co. Ltd, K.S.A. – KEMYA Halobutyl Rubber Secondary Waste Water Treatment Project
Duties and Responsibilities: Lead discipline commissioning engineers in the completion of Pre Start-Up Safety Review (PSSR) and in the timely execution of the Commissioning Plan, and commissioning procedures on site. Manage all on site commissioning test results and documentation for client approval and acceptance. Ensure a Safe System of Work is implemented and manage all safety aspects of commissioning activities as covered by PTW. Perform the duty of Permit Receiver (SABIC Certified). Provide training to Process technicians.
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer (February 11 – May 11, 2015)
Company: CB&I Constructors Pty. Ltd.
Location: AGL-LNG Peak Shaving Facility Project, New Castle, Australia
Duties and Responsibilities: Lead and supervise commissioning and coordinate all plans and activities with construction and operations team. Liaise with Site Support Team to ensure availability of required utilities supply for commissioning. Monitor safety compliance and ensure activities are covered by PTW. Participate and perform lead role in plant start-up.
Job Title: Senior Commissioning Specialist (November 21, 2010 – July 30, 2014)
Company: CB&I Clough JV Pte. Ltd.
Location: ExxonMobil-PNGLNG Hides Gas Conditioning Plant Project, Singapore (office) & Papua New Guinea (site)
Duties and Responsibilities: Participate and provide input in the preparation of Commissioning System Completion Plan and Commissioning Scope of Work. Develop plant Systemization marked-Up P&IDs according to Commissioning Execution Plan. Prepare dynamic Commissioning procedures and systems Turn- over Completion Packages. Lead pre-commissioning and commissioning on site. Attend daily Permit To Work coordination meeting. Prepare or issue PTW.
Job Title: Commissioning Specialist (March 6 – October 17, 2010/ July 14, 2009 – February 16, 2010)
Location: Peru – LNG Project, Pampa Melchorita, Peru/ Chevron- Cabinda Gas Plant Project, Cabinda, Angola
Duties and Responsibilities: Supervise pre-commissioning and commissioning activities of assigned process systems and utilities. Lead coordination of vendor’s activities. Liaise with other discipline engineers to ensure assistance is provided to vendors. Engage in Plant Start-Up operation, Plant Reliability Test and Plant Performance Test. Prepare or issue Permit To Work as required for area under Commissioning Custody and Control. Control and monitor compliance to SHE (IIF & BBS), Work Permit policies.
Job Title: Precom Supervisor cum Lead Precom Supervisor/ Comm’g. Supervisor (June 15 – December 25, 2008)
Company: Japan Gas Corporation
Location: CBNH2 Project, Rio Tuba Palawan, Philippines
Duties and Responsibilities: Lead a team of Commissioning Supervisors, Discipline Engineers and Commissioning Technicians in the Execution of daily pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. Ensure that safety and efficiency is carried-out during all phases of activities. Prepare daily look ahead plan. Attend daily client coordination meeting. Prepare or issue PTW.
Job Title: Commissioning Engineer (November 19, 2007 – May 16, 2008)
Company: Japan Gas Corporation
Location: PetroRabigh Olefins Plant Project (Aramco & Sumitomo JV), JGC World Operation Center, Yokohama, Japan
Duties and Responsibilities: Prepare detailed pre-commissioning, commissioning and operation procedures, marked-up P&IDs for client review and approval. Manage all technical issues and concerns that pertain to pre-commissioning, commissioning and plant start-up operation.
Job Title: Production Supervisor cum Associate Manufacturing Manager (August 9, 2004 – August 10, 2007)
Company: JohnsonDiversey, Philippines, Incorporation (Subsidiary of JohnsonDiversey, USA)
Location: Chemical Plant, Laguna, Philippines
Duties and Responsibilities: Manage plant improvement, rehabilitation projects, and process engineering. Perform overall management over Production, QA/QC, Warehousing, Training, HSE, and PTW. Perform the duties of a Pollution Control Officer.
Job Title: Operations Engineer (August 16, 1999 – December 30, 2003)
Company: Bataan Polyethylene Corporation (PETRONAS and BP JV), “BP Chemicals’ Innovene Technology”
Location: Petrochemical Plant, Bataan, Philippines
Duties and Responsibilities: Manage conduct of the shift teams in ensuring activities are carried out in accordance with HSE expectation and best practices. Coordinate with third parties in the delivery of polymerization feedstock. Perform the duties of Loading Master. Participate and represent Manufacturing Support Team in HAZOP Reviews, Risk Assessments, Job Safety Analysis, and PPM. Perform the duties of Process Trainer. Perform the duties of Procedure/ Technical Writer to develop, review, and update Work Operating Instructions. Joined the company as Shift Supervisor then promoted to Operations Engineer: Supervise assigned shift team of Field and DCS Technicians in pre-commissioning and commissioning activities. Ensure the safety of personnel, equipment is under control and plant units operate efficiently. Perform the duty of PTW Issuing Authority.
Job Title: Associate Production Manager (June 23, 1997 – June 25, 1999)
Company: GNF (P)
Location: Copper Foil Plant “Electrochemical Deposition Process Technology – Japan”, Laguna, Philippines
Duties and Responsibilities: Manage a team of commissioning engineers in the development of Commissioning Execution Plan, preparation of pre-commissioning and commissioning procedures, operating and maintenance manuals. Organize shift teams and monitor Commissioning Execution Plan progress of process and utilities system. Establish Production Department organization and manage production efficiency to meet Quality and Delivery target. Liaise with local environmental regulatory agencies as Focal person regarding compliance to Waste Water Effluent Specifications, Air Pollution, Reports, Permit Approval, Air and Water Sampling, Plant Inspection.
Work experience from 1985-1996 were in the food and pharmaceutical industries from different multi-national companies in the Philippines and abroad (SPIMACO-K.S.A). Entry position – Jr. Technical Staff, last position held: Manufacturing Supervisor. Experienced in Process, Packaging and CIP Validations, Commissioning and Production.
EDUCATION: Bachelor of Science in Chemical Engineering (Graduated) Licensed Chemical Engineer
AWARDS: HSSE Excellence Award, Chevron Cabinda Gas Plant Project-2010, Certificate of Service: ExxonMobil PNG LNG Project-2014, Recognition: Successful Commissioning-Bataan Polyethylene Corporation Project-2000, Recognition: Best Area Safety Team-Bataan Polyethylene Corporation Project-1999
TRAININGS: Permit Receiver(SABIC Certified) – KEMYA Veolia SWWT Project-2016, Safety Induction: LOTO, PTW, CSE, WAH- AGL LNG Peak Shaving Facility Project, NSW, Australia-2015, Safety Induction: CSE, Gas Tester, LOTO, JHA, PTW (Area Authority)- ExxonMobil PNG LNG Project -2013, LNG Operational Training: Inlet Gas Receiving, AGR, Hot Oil System, Fire Protection, Dehydration, Mercury Removal, Propane Refrigeration, Mixed Refrigerant Refrigeration, MCHE- Peru LNG Project-2010, Safety Training: Fall Protection, IIF Orientation Train the Trainer, Hand Safety, Job Safety Analysis, Dropped Object Prevention, Behavior Based Safety, H2S Awareness-Chevron Cabinda Gas Plant Project-2010, BOSH Course-WSO-2005, Root Cause Analysis using CLC (by British Petroleum HSE Controller PE Asia)-2000, Packaging & Extrusion (Attachment training @ Ethylene Malaysia/ ETILINAS – PEMSB Training Centre)-1999.