· Experienced agriculture professional with strong leadership and relationship-building skills. Motivated, with solid experience managing all levels of large scale projects, including budgeting and administration. Highly ambitious, with background in sales, marketing and advertising. Expertise in market analysis, forecasting and client needs assessments. Technically-savvy with outstanding relationship building, training and presentation skills.
· Strong verbal communication
· Conflict resolution
· Powerful negotiator
· Team leadership
· Process implementation
· Staff development
· Strong inter-personal relation skills
· Both a team player and a solo operator
Manager/Senior Partner – 01/2016 -12/2016
ZEP Trading, Brookes Point, Palawan
Products; farm produce (fruits & vegetable), farm implements/equipment, fertilizers and pesticides
Conducting product and service promotion activities as a part of sales campaign
Developed effective sales functions
Working for increasing existing customer base by creating product awareness and attracting potential customers
Managing good customer relations by providing the clients with the required specifications and solving their queries in connection with the products being sold.
Providing clients with on time deliveries and satisfying their requirements to gain customer delight
Providing the management with current and updated knowledge about market happenings to have effective decision making
Operations Manager – 06/2014 -12/2015
Rocky Mountain Arabica Coffee Company, Ortigas Center, Pasig City
· Supervision of Nursery Development and operations in the Province of Palawan
· Spearhead the sales of coffee seedlings to the local market, farmers and big institutions by conducting advertising and sales promotions to create product awareness
· Supervision of Plantation Development and operations
· including: Preparation of Development Budgets; Preparation of Activity Schedules; Preparation of Requisition for Funds (RFF) and Purchase Orders (PO);
· Coordination with suppliers for purchase and delivery of farm inputs;
· Hire, train, supervise, and pay local workers; o Negotiate lease agreement or usufruct rightsfor project sites;
· Secure all permits and licenses from Government agencies
· Supervise development of facilities;
· Supervise operations of facilities;
· Develop and implement control mechanisms;
· Prepare plans to ensure safety of personnel and security of assets;
· Prepare weekly report on project developments;
· Development of Control Mechanism including: Material Delivery Inspection Sheet; Weekly Worker Attendance Sheet; Weekly Material Inventory; Weekly Project Implementation Schedule; Weekly Budget Disbursement Report;
· Ensuring Philippines laws, rules, and regulations are respected; To take steps to protect the environment at every phase of the project; To take steps to protect the rights of workers and local communities;
Managed essential operational matters to ascertain achievement of the established productivity targets and gathered required feedback to establish useful control measures
Freelancer (Self-employed) – 02/2008-05/2015
· Engaged into distribution/promotion of food supplements and other products of different Multi-Level Marketing Companies, eventually becomes a trainor and accredited communicator.
· Became a marketing officer (agent/broker) for a local producer of Cavendish banana in Davao, finding and negotiating buyers both local and abroad
· Manage my owned business; RLJ AGRI-PRODUCE TRADING, duly registered to Department of Trade and Industry. Engaged into export/trading and brokerage of high value fruits from South Cotabato and Davao. Fruits traded include Cavendish Banana, Cardava, Fresh Pineapple, Papaya and Tuna products from Gen. Santos City
Member,Board of Director- 04/2008-04/2010
Landan People’s Multi-purpose Cooperatiive, Landan, Polomolok, South Cotabato
Policy making and decision-making body of the cooperative
Committee Chairman – Agriculture Operations
Pineapple plantation operation
Corn production operation
Farm Supervisor – 11/2003-02/2008
Dole Philippines Inc./Grower’s Operation- Polomolok, So. Cotabato
· Production implementation and monitoring of a given area of coverage/grower-cooperative for the company’s growership program. Technically reporting to a superintendent, functions as in-charge/overseer of the grower-cooperatives’ agriculture operations particularly pineapple production. Operations starts from land canvassing, land preparation, planting, maintenance, harvesting and delivery to cannery plant
· In-charge in the conduct of trainings and seminars on pineapple Good Agricultural Practices, pre-contract seminars and Chemical Handling, Application, and Safety Equipment seminars for the growers and the working crews department wide.
· Assist grower-cooperative in the formulation of guidelines and policies pertaining to the pineapple production.
· Provides consultancy/technical assistance to grower-members.
· Serves as ambassador of the company to the community being assigned with.
· Accredited Responsible Care Officer ( Chemical Handling Trainor), by Fertilizer and Pesticide Authority
Community Organizer/Project Officer- 04/2001-11/2003
Mahintana Foundation, Inc- , Polomolok, South Cotabato
Community Organizing –Silway/Klinan Riverbank Rehab by Southern Mindanao Integrated Coastal Zone Mgt. Project/DENR project funded by JBIC/ January 2003 – November 2003
Maligo Integrated Livelihood and Conservation Project funded byAustralian Aid for International Development- Phil. Australia Community Assistance Project (AusAID-PACAP) under the Mt. Matutum Integrated Conservation and Developemnt (MICADEV) Program/ February 2002-December 31, 2002
Community Investment on Trees and Environment (CITE) Project funded by Australian Aid for International Development- Phil. Australia Community Assistance Project (AusAID-PACAP) and of Catholic Organization for Relief and Development AID (CordAID) under the Mt. Matutum Integrated Conservation and Development (MICADEV) Program/ April 2001-February 2002
· Ensure the effective and efficient implementation of community organizing and mobilization of the project. These includes actual immersion to the community/people’s organization assisted, conduct of trainings for capability building and etc.
· Assists and monitors transaction of the assisted people’s organizations.
· Monitors and reviews the performance of the project and formulate necessary policies to improve the overall project performance.
Bachelor in Agriculture Technology, 2000
University of Southeastern Philippines, Tagum City, Davao (Kapalong Extension)
· A working student. Working during day time in the neighboring banana farms as laborer (harvester), drainage surveyor, manual weeding/slashing and other labor functions. Studying during late afternoon until 10:00 o’clock in the evening.
· With six (6) months actual immersion in the National Dairy Authority-Davao Livestock project as Intern. Works include operations in the Calf Stall, Napier Grass and Corn farming, Herding and assisting in the Milking Parlor activities.
· Active in Student Body Organization as Representative and Senator
· Two (2) years ROTC Corp Commander
· Graduated CUM LAUDE
Masters in Environmental Management, 08/2015 – present
Central Luzon State University (Open University Program)
Special/Short Term Courses:
· Soil and Water Conservation Management for Upland Farms (Agro-forestry), U.P. Los Banos, Laguna July to August 2001
· Project Officer Development Course/ Organizational Capacity Building for NGO’s in Southern Philippines sponsored by Philippine- Australia Short-Term Training- Australian Aid for International Development ( PASTT-AusAID) Marco Polo Hotel, Davao City/ May 12-24, 2003
· Supervisory Skills Enhancement Program -Batch 5 Sponsored by Dole Philippines, Inc. in cooperation with UP Mindanao-School of Management (SOM) & UP Strategic Research and Management Foundation inc. (UPSTREAM), Dolefil Training Center, Cannery Site, Polomolok, South Cotabato July 25-27 & July 31-August 3, 2007 BEST PARTICIPANT
Other Trainings Attended: available upon request
Character References: available upon request
I hereby declare that the above-mentioned information is correct and true as per my knowledge.
Ronie L. Jitotowani
• A working student. Working during day time in the neighboring banana farms as laborer (harvester), drainage surveyor, manual weeding/slashing and other labor functions. Studying during late afternoon until 10:00 o’clock in the evening.
• With six (6) months actual immersion in the National Dairy Authority-Davao Livestock project as Intern. Works include operations in the Calf Stall, Napier Grass and Corn farming, Herding and assisting in the Milking Parlor activities.
• Active in Student Body Organization as Representative and Senator
• Two (2) years ROTC Corp Commander
• Graduated CUM LAUDE