344 Panay St, Pitogo
Makati City 1213, Philippines
ruben v. cortez jr
+63 917 571 9128
● More than 10 years working experience in voice and non-voice based BPO supporting banking and financial services for customers in the US
● Good knowledge of customer service, customer satisfaction, Net Promoter Score, Principle Based Servicing and AML List Screening Operations
● With strong analytical, problem solving and customer interaction skills
● Ability to grasp learn, adapt and immerse with new environment quickly
● Process Improvement, Process and People Management, Learning and Development, Talent Management, Engagement, Team Building and Teamwork
● Strong English communication skills (verbal and written)
Capital One Philippines Support Services Corp.
Oct 2013 – present
● Operational performance. Provides periodic performance data to the Department Operations Manager by analyzing daily weekly, and monthly performance trends; Inspects data accuracy on team reporting
● Process improvement. Conducts scheduled and random audits to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations; Identifies opportunity areas and implements strategies in collaboration with other stakeholders to improve process and customer service delivery
● People development. Provides sub-functional leadership to a team including recommendations for hiring/termination, approval of time records, schedule adherence, deployment, mentoring, performance review, pay recommendations and administrative decisions; regularly conducts focus group discussions on employee concerns
● Provide clear leadership to the team to strive and constantly meet and exceed highly challenging service standards in quality, effectiveness, productivity and reliability
● Responsible for supervising a team of professionals and drive improvements in call skills and customer experience through regular interaction in order to achieve individual and group targets
● Clear leadership is achieved by setting targets, monitor performance, and deliver performance reviews.
● Communicate with different levels, departments and business area on further improving customer experience and satisfaction
o Sr Anti Money Laundering Investigator 1 – List Screening Operations, Nov 2015 – present
▪ Screen, investigate and monitor customers and respective accounts against multiple lists of individuals including Politically Exposed Persons, Special Interest Persons and Relatives and Close Associates
▪ Query multiple databases and search engines to conduct through investigations on customers in order to correctly identify them and potential risk
▪ Conduct negative news searches on customers, review account activity and identify suspicious activities and trends
▪ Create search criteria in order to link specific information between the customers and the persons of interests
▪ Identify bank operations and design specific compliance programs in order to manage potential risks
▪ Manage a team of AML investigators performing QA, Capacity Planning, Volume Management and Projections, calibrations sessions, coaching and development sessions
Asst. Manager for Operations
HSBC Electronic Data Processing Phils.
Nov 2009 – Oct 2013
● Provide clear leadership to the team to strive and constantly meet and exceed highly challenging service standards in quality, effectiveness and productivity.
● Promote morale and motivate team focusing on minimizing attrition and absenteeism. Meets regularly with staff to ensure career development action plans are implemented.
● Prepares and analyzes MI (Management Information) reports and various statistical data on capacity, projects and programs to develop recommendations for future activity and provide input into planning processes.
HSBC Electronic Data Processing Phils.
Feb 2009 – Oct 2013
● Analyze and decide on applications up to assigned limits, following set policies and procedures.
● Keep up with sound & solid credit knowledge and ensure decisions are consistent with documented procedures that are within the general lending authority limit assigned of HKD 100,000.
HSBC Electronic Data Processing Phils.
Feb 2006 – Feb 2009
● Assist Assistant manager for Operations in providing clear leadership to the team to strive and constantly meet and exceed highly challenging service standards in quality, effectiveness and productivity.
● Meet targets on productivity and accuracy within service standards required by processing work as requested by line management/customer.
Customer Service Representative HSBC Electronic Data Processing Phils. Aug 2004 – Feb 2006
● Provides extraordinary service through phone interactions with customers, focusing on resolving their requests with efficient, accurate, professional and courteous manner to create customer loyalty
● Generates relationships that lead to sales through conversations with card members incorporating need analysis, building rapport, offering advice and overcoming objection.
University of Makati
Jun 2000 – Apr 2004
● B.S. Marketing major in Retail Management
● With knowledge in Sales and Customer Service, Merchandising, Human Resources, Operations and Administrative and Financial Accountability
● Online Repository for AML Procedures, Alabang (2017 – 2018) Liaising with content owners and process owners in coming up with an online tool for Alabang investigators to store, view, read and update themselves of procedural content and changes/updates.
● Digital Immersion Series (2017 – 2018) Providing associates with the knowledge, tools and access to be digitally fluent in a digital company.
● Digital Journey for Specialty Operations (2015) Educate, create tools that teaches all Associates digital media and citizenship. Empower, give all Associates the tools and information they need to be informed digital citizens. Protect, define a healthy balance between safe and smart digital media practices and other societal rights.
● Leader’s Academy for Specialty Operations (2015) Provide high potential Associates with career development and path to prepare them to move up in the next level by providing them with training courses, instructor led training, and web based trainings and OJT.
● Principle Based Servicing Training, Launch and Implementation (2015) A different way of servicing customers by meeting where they are and understanding their state of mind by providing them with creative and innovative solutions by critical thinking and being advocates for customers.
● Internal Calibration Session for ACDV CCNA (2013 – 2015) Initiated conducting an internal calibration session for ACDV involving agents, SMEs, UMs and SUMs to discuss challenges, opportunities and improvement in quality
● Improve Frequency and Effectiveness of AMO Coaching in HBAP-CCNA (2008) Developed a coaching model for a Back Office Process and created a coaching playbook to be used by AMOs.
Additional Experience and Awards
● Yellow Belt Holder, Six Sigma (2008): Trained for Yellow Belt in Six Sigma under the supervision of Black Belts and Project Sponsors and created a Coaching Model and Playbook for Back Office.
● Silver Awardee, Most Improved, Screen Awards (HSBC Hong Kong): Awarded silver prize for Improve Frequency and Effectiveness of AMO Coaching, out of different entries from all GSCs of HSBC.
● 7 Habits of Highly Effective People: an approach to being effective in attaining goals by aligning oneself to what he calls “true north” principles of a character ethic that he presents as universal and timeless by introducing the concept of paradigm shift.
● Situational Leadership: Leadership Model on two fundamental concepts; leadership style and the individual or group’s maturity level.
● Improving Productivity in the Workplace
● Coaching Conversations and Coaching Circles
● 4DX – 4 Disciplines of Execution, Digitally Oriented workstream Lead
● Root Cause Analysis
● MS Excel – Intermediate Level
Languages and Technologies
● Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
● Google Mail, Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms, HangOut
● Bridger XG Insight, LexisNexis, Credit Browser, Dow Jones, iCAD, Tableau