[email protected] Rudra Bajpai +1 647 885 2145
University of Toronto, Toronto, Canada. May 2017 – Present
Certificate, Strategic Public Relations and Advanced Marketing
University of British Columbia, Vancouver, Canada. Completion: May 2015
Bachelor of Arts, Human Geography and International Relations
· President’s Entrance Scholarship 2009
Woodstock School, Mussoorie, India, High School Diploma/Advanced Placement Completion: May 2009 ________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Loop Systems Inc., Director of External Affairs June 2017 – present
· Loop Systems is a cloud-based technology-driven freight forwarder. Loop eliminates the complexity associated with high volume shipping and creates a collaborative logistics environment. Since inception in early 2017, the company operates with a daily revenue of $1000 and has expanded operations to Bangladesh and Nigeria.
· Currently, leading the communication team to liaise with federal and provincial government in order to secure grants for funding.
· Present various pitch decks to potential investors and stakeholders at both public and private levels through events, conferences, and VC meetings.
· Manage relations with various trucking companies globally to enable the business development team to secure new contracts through publicity across social media, news sources, conferences and investment channels.
· Research intellectual property rights (copyrights, trademarks, patents) associated with technology startups to ensure that the company is compliant with government regulations.
Munk School of Global Affairs, Compliance Analyst January 2018 – present
· The G7/G8 research group at the University of Toronto serves as the world’s leading independent source of information, analysis, and research on the G7/8. The group recruits analysts and researchers who work on compliance and related research projects under the direction of the executive team based at the university.
· Responsible for conducting research on member countries’ compliance on climate change commitments with respect to finance to build the group’s finance dataset.
· Assess commitments in order to provide an analysis via a quantitative metric of -1, 0, or +1 to give a definitive non-compliant, partially compliant, or compliant score.
· Prepare results for the Director of Compliance Research – Lead Researcher Climate Change and Environment, which will be leveraged as part of the official documentation that will be released June 2018.
BC Office of Seniors’ Advocate, Research Analyst November 2016 – May 2017
· The BC Senior Advocate has been appointed by the Government of BC in 2014 to monitor and review system-wide issues affecting the well-being of seniors and raise awareness about resources available to them. The Advocate will also make recommendations to government and those who deliver seniors’ services related to health care, personal care, housing, transportation and income support.
· Carry out interviews of seniors on behalf of the Senior Advocate and Providence Healthcare
· Relay results back to the supervisor and collate data
· Helped prepare report titled ‘OSA Residential Care Survey 2017’ for project Seniors Advocate’s Residential Care Project 2016
Singh & Singh Lall & Sethi – Chambers of Prathiba Singh, Legal Intern May 2016 – July 2016
· Intern at the firm Singh & Singh Lall & Sethi and simultaneously under partner Prathiba Singh in her chambers at the Delhi High Court.
· Worked on Intellectual Property Rights cases primarily in the pharmaceutical sector.
· Carried out research and assisted Associates on cases.
· Wrote Case Briefs and Notes to assist the Partners and Associates.
· Routinely edited the Partner’s articles and added research before submitting them to various newspapers and journals.
· Went to the Delhi High Court regularly to attend hearings, take notes, carry case files and observe proceedings.
Jyoti Sagar Associates (JSA), Legal Intern March 2016 – May 2016
JSA is a leading Corporate Law firm in India providing outstanding legal solutions across Banking, Finance, M&A, Dispute Resolution, Regulatory Policy, Capital Markets, and Compliance.
Created ledger accounts and balance sheets to track transactions accurately.
Perform analytical procedures to detect unusual financial reimbursements slips.
Developed reports of key shareholder meetings to provide the company with clear actionable insights. This report would be circulated amongst the senior leadership team.
Prepared cash flow statement reports to analyze the operating expenses.
Evaluated financial legal documents to provide a detailed summary of the loan transactions for the client.
Venture Media Labs, Jr.Copywriter and Date Entry Analyst/QA October 2015 – December 2015
Venture Media is a privately-funded, profitable, product-focused enterprise based in Vancouver, B.C., that brings passion to life through technology.
· Part of the BlackFriday.com team based out of Venture Media’s Vancouver office.
· Worked on Content Creation, Quality Assurance, and Data Entry for the site.
· Wrote and created advertising flyers for the website’s marketing deals.
Liberal Party of Canada, MP Joyce Murray (Team Trudeau), Volunteer July 2015 – October 2015
Liberal Party of Canada, Candidate Campaign Representative/Election Scrutineer April 2013 – May 2013
· Worked for Fatima Siddiqui and incumbent BC Premier Christy Clark’s successful campaign as a Candidate Representative and Election Scrutineer in Vancouver-Hastings and Vancouver-West Point Grey ridings, respectively.
· Called and rallied voters, canvassed in electoral districts, and erected signs in ridings.
· Acquired an understanding of election policies, procedures, and the running of campaigns.
· Helped with communications and PR responsibilities.
· Assisted with administrative duties in the office.
UBC, JumpStart Orientations and Arts Orientations Leader July 2012 – September 2012
Coordinated the international orientations under the JumpStart program.
Led groups of 8-15 students through activities, learning, tours, and other educational duties.
Was responsible for facilitating the transition of high school students into university and building connections amongst their peers.
Was responsible for newly incoming Arts Faculty students under the ‘FrAUSh’ program as a group leader.
Dealt with issues ranging from insurance, housing, courses, banking, and other such areas for international students.
World Wide Fund for Nature, Research Analyst Intern June 2011 – July 2011
· Completed a research project titled ‘Climate Change and Environment Security’ for the Climate Change and Energy department at WWF, India.
· Simultaneously worked at The Energy and Research Institute of India (TERI) for the duration of the project.
· Honed my research skills and analytical abilities by working with the department head and through my own research.
· The project was incorporated into the WWF database due to sound research that analyzed the present and predicted future global trends.
Deloitte, Business Analyst Intern June 2010 – July 2010
· Summer intern in the Strategy & Operations Consulting department.
· Worked on a feasibility study on the rapidly-growing education sector in India; analyzing growth trends and potential for investment.
· Analyzed large amounts of revenue data provided by clients, thereafter extracting and compiling relevant information in additional spreadsheets to be presented to the team leader.
· Adapted to the corporate consulting culture and business environment by working laboriously to meet deadlines and be accountable to my manager and clients.
· Helped a business development team on Emkay Automobiles factory production efficiency project and on NDTV Profit Awards project by collecting data (from Annual Reports) used by manager to make recommendations to client, thereby enhancing my problem-solving skills.
EXTRACURRICULAR ACTIVITIES (Selected Highlights)
· Host Leader and Coordinator at UBC Career Fair, 2014
· UBC REC Grand Prix Volunteer for Marketing, 2013
· UBC JumpStart International Orientations Leader, 2012
· ORBIS Pull for Sight Challenge Volunteer, 2012 – raised money for the blind
· UBC Faculty of Arts Orientations Leader, 2012
· UBC Opening Day volunteer, 2011-2012
· Trick or Eat Volunteer, 2010 – collected food cans for homeless
· Volunteered for a Community Service Learning project through UBC working with abused mothers in Vancouver, 2010
SKILLS AND INTERESTS Computer Skills: Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Hootsuite Platform, WordPress, Feedly, Storify, Social Media: Facebook, Twitter Language Skills: Fluent in English, Hindi/Urdu, French (semi-proficient). Interests: Playing football, basketball and swimming; reading, travelling, politics, social media.