10518 W Fountain Ave, Apt #803
SHARATH KUMAR MARRI
I am actively looking for full time job opportunity in the field of mechanical engineering to demonstrate my technical skills while completing challenging projects in a dynamic work environment.
MS in Mechanical Engineering, University of Bridgeport, Bridgeport, CT Jan 2016 – Dec 2017
·Relevant Courses: Material Selection for Mechanical Engineers, Finite Element Methods, Computational Fluid Dynamics, Machinery & Mechanical System Design, Computer Aided Design &Engineering, Heat Transfer, Management of Engineering Projects, Additive Manufacturing, Advance CAM & Automation, Master’s Project.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering Sep 2009 – May 2013
MTE Corporation (Milwaukee, WI) May 2018 – Present
Mechanical Design Engineer
• Involved in designing unique MTE power related models like Harmonic Filters, DV/DT Filters, Sinewave Filters, Reactors, Line chokes, Power Distribution Units, Enclosure’s and other products.
• Worked on different projects like End of Life (EOL), Power Distribution Units (PDU’s) used in medical devices, RL & RLW Reactors & Matrix AP filters by Extensive utilization of Solid Works EPDM (vault) for managing, transitioning files, set document properties & maintained revision control.
• Created simple/complex sheet metal components, enclosure’s & large assembly models by utilizing Solid Works and generated drawings for Sheet Metal Parts, Customer Drawings by utilizing GD&T techniques and detailed assembly documentation for finished goods to aid in manufacturing process by generating large BOM’s.
· Took 3D printer ownership to develop 3D print models for rapid prototyping and Customers.
· Generated redlines for engineering change orders (ECO) & processed ECOs to support initial release and changes to production released documentation and created part numbers, bill of materials, SolidWorks routing.
· Performed finite element engineering analysis on sheet metal components and enclosures.
University of Bridgeport (Bridgeport, CT) June 2016 – Sep 2017
Graduate Research Assistant under Dr. Junling Hu (Professor, Chair, Mechanical Engineering)
• Assisted professor in research projects.
· Performed engineering analysis for different applications using ANSYS Workbench, COMSOL and SolidWorks.
• Helped students on their projects and assignments and handled administrative tasks.
R N Machine Tools, India Jan 2014 – Dec 2015
Mechanical Design Engineer
• Participated in initial mechanical design, 3D modelling and creation of production drawings and maintenance of design data using Solid Works, Proe, Auto Cad and Autodesk Inventor.
• Lead the design team and performed tasks like reverse engineering, failure analysis of components as it relates to structural load and conducted field verification/observation and lead project client meetings.
• Created Part and Assembly drawing for machining, assembly and welding according to ANSI Y 14.5 standards.
Defense Research & Development Organization (DRDO), India May 2012 – Sep 2012
· Performed micro structural evaluation & hardness test for various materials after thermo mechanical process
· Evaluated mechanical properties using Universal testing machine.
Masters Project Sep 2017 – Dec 2017
· Design, Analysis & Optimization of Multi leaf Spring
The primary objective of this work is to reduce the weight by using two different strategies like by optimizing the design and implementing composite material by eliminating traditional steel leaf spring as we know that suspension leaf spring is among the key items for reducing weight. We studied comparison of stresses, load carrying capacity and weight savings of laminated leaf spring with conventional steel leaf spring for varying thickness and width.
Graduate Research Projects
· 1 – Way FSI simulation of Wind Turbine
In this project a NREL phase VI wind turbine was developed based on NREL’s reported data using SolidWorks 2016 for a one-way FSI analysis on wind turbine blade using ANSYS workbench 17.0.
· Transient Thermal Analysis of Disc brake
This project studied the transient thermal behavior of a disc brake system during the braking phase and the followed releasing period. A three-dimensional finite element model with a moving heat source has been developed with COMSOL Multiphysics to predict the temperature distribution and the effect of convective and radiative heat transfer in the disc braking system including rotor and pads.
· R H Gearbox
It is a 2-stage gearbox used in bore well rigs. In this project we modelled the gears and housing and performed static structural analysis for gear mesh. Created extrusion, fabrication, and mechanical drawings utilizing 3D CAD software and analyzed customer design proposals.
· Extruder Gearbox
These types of gearboxes are used in plastic extrusion industries. Design of gear box casing and components made using SolidWorks. FEA method is used for static structural analysis.
Undergraduate Project Dec 2012 – April 2013
· Solar Power Aided Aero plane – A working model of semi-powered airplane was developed by placing solar panels on wings to supply solar energy to the control surfaces and recorded a very good flight time of 5 minutes.
· Technical Skills: SolidWorks, SolidWorks PDM, SolidWorks Routing, Proe, Creo, CATIA, Unigraphics, AutoCAD, COMSOL Multiphysics, ANSYS (Structural, Fluent), GD&T, ASME Y 14.5, ANSI, DFM/DFA, Microsoft Outlook.
· Other Skills: Material selection, FEA, 3D printing, Six Sigma, Microsoft office, Project management, Quick learner, Design Improvements, Engineering Calculations, Reverse Engineering, Sheet Metal, Generating Manufacturing Drawings & Bill of Materials, Mechanical Tensile Testing, Root Cause Analysis, SWOT Analysis.
· Master certificate CAD, CAE & CAM software from Central Institute of Tool design Aug 2013 – Dec 2013
· Six Sigma certified (Yellow belt, White belt), Modeling & Prototyping.
· Paper: Study on transient thermal analysis of disc brake during braking and releasing periods
American Society for Engineering Education- North Eastern (ASEE-NE-2017) April 2017
· Awarded 5000$ scholarship from University of Bridgeport.
· Awarded Certificate of Appreciation in “SAMBHAVAAT” 2012; a national level technical fest for organizing robotics at Nalla Malla Reddy Engineering College.