· Superior multitasking and prioritization skills
. Strong oral and written communication skills
. Good proficiency in utilizing workplace protective equipment
· Exceptional ability to work independently or in a group
· Excellent people skills and passionate about building relationships
· Considerable experiences in workplace health, medical facilities and safety practices
Work Experience: Civilian Employee Federal Government
Occupational Health Specialist
Duties Accomplishment and Related Skills:
· Modified and reestablished entire occupational health process to bring the occupational health department within acceptable levels of compliance based off the Management Internal Control Toolset.
· Managed the Hearing Conservation Program as well as the Occupational Shop Program.
· Raised and maintained occupational health medical surveillance exams to 96% for entire length of employment.
· Continuously identified inaccuracies within occupational health programs, recommended corrections to the Occupational Environmental Health Working Group and implemented required changes.
· Applied safety and occupational regulations, instructions and practices when resolving technical matters dealing with safety and health requirements.
· Assisted in managing the Air Force Safety Automated System (AFSAS) which report and monitor occupational illnesses.
· Performed workplace evaluations on numerous occupational health shops involving different categories of hazards. Evaluated for training compliance, processes, existing workplace controls, and types of hazards.
· Interpreted data from Bioenvironmental Engineering to determine required medical surveillance exams based on exposure levels. Provided guidance to workplace supervisors on
Created and provided OSHA training material to occupational health shop supervisors. Ensure workers and supervisors are compliant with training by providing knowledge assessments.
Spent 5 years in the Army conducting workplace safety evaluations, environmental sampling, as well as other tasks such as training and managing workers.
I was hired for this job position to bring compliance to the occupational health department up. Over the course of my almost two years I have realigned the Hearing Conservation Program as well as the entire Occupational Safety and Health Program with a main focus in workplace evaluations. I am looking to pursue occupational health at the next level.