THOMAS JOSEPH ASHE IV
12904 Grays Pointe Rd, #A
Fairfax, Virginia 22033
Current Software Support Analyst experience seeking a technical/functional position. I hope to obtain a position in the computer industry that will allow me to utilize and broaden my technical knowledge of computers, databases, internet security, systems support, and customer service.
● Strong written and verbal communication skills
● Familiarized with Windows 7, Mac, and Linux(Ubuntu) Operating Systems
● Experienced with the use of SQL Server, Oracle, Microsoft Office, PuTTY, Notepad++, Metasploit, Salesforce, WebEx.
● Self-motivated team player
● SQL query development with experience writing stored procedures and triggers
● SY0-401: CompTIA Security+ (In Progress: Estimated Completion 8/2018)
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
● Database Administration Concentration
o NSTISSI: Information Security Professional
o CNS 4013E: System Administration
New River Community College
Associate’s Degree in General Studies
RELATED INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY COURSES:
● Database I & II – An introduction to database systems including the relational model, SQL, security, database design, and stored procedures. (II)Modeling, manipulation of large sets of data, with an in-depth coverage of triggers, assertions, PL/SQL, and advanced modeling concepts.
● Computer Systems and Database Security – Threats and vulnerabilities in software systems, principles to design and implement secure software systems, database and information security.
● Applied Cryptography and Network Security – Threats and vulnerabilities in computer networks, cryptography and its application to network security mechanisms, secure network protocols, and network intrusion detection systems
PREVIOUS WORK EXPERIENCE:
Software Support Analyst (Tier 3) Ellucian Feb 2015 – Present
● Perform technical troubleshooting covering installations, upgrades, data migrations, interoperability and product related issues
● Effectively use company tools and software to record information about the technical infrastructure and problem reports from customers.
● Actively contribute and work to continually improve customer self-help through the publication technically accurate knowledge base articles.
● Participate in the definition and implementation of processes to address all questions, concerns and ideas of customers that are submitted electronically or by phone.
Tier 2 Application Support American Institutes for Research Nov 2012 – Aug 2014
● Work closely with the Tier 1 support desk, Tier 3 development, functional and deployment teams to develop and increase system knowledge to become expert across all modules.
● Utilize above-average communication skills to deal with a user base consisting of 25 states and daily interaction with Project team members.
● Track and resolve all issues, escalation of all issues that require assistance to Tier 3 and/or Project Team.