Name Melody Gorero Villanueva
Current Address #405 Blk 12 Brgy. Sinikway Lapuz Iloilo City, Philippines
Age 36 years old
Date of Birth January 29, 1983
E-mail Address [email protected]
Civil Status Single
Contact Number ++962 7 8991 5222
OBJECTIVES -To apply as Staff Nurse in Medical-Surgical Ward
-To continuously practice my chosen field of endeavor
-To enhance my knowledge and skills as I continuously fulfill my profession.
QUALIFICATONS -A registered nurse from the country of origin
-Six continuous years of hospital experience, specifically in Medical-Surgical
-Can work in extensive hours
-Easily gets along with people.
1. Jordan Hospital & 1. General Ward— Staff Nurse
Medical Center. (Dec.29 2017- present)
2. Al Hammadi Hospital- Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
A tertiary, private hospital with 480 bed-capacity and accredited by local and international accreditation organizations – Accreditation Canada, ACHSI, JCI & CBAHI and with certification from ISO9001:2008.
2. Female Medical Surgical Ward Staff Nurse
(March 4 2015- April 30,2017)
• Acting as Charge Nurse on Rotation basis, with the following duties and responsibilities.
• Assisting the lead nurse in the effective operational management of the unit.
• Delegating work to the other members of the unit.
• Managing the narcotic vault key.
• Assisting physicians during daily rounds and performing procedure.
• Checking all laboratories and radiological procedures and relay results to the doctor.
• Involved in all aspect of patient care and safety complying with the related policies in patient family rights and responsibilities.
• Observing and recording patient’s vital signs and reporting promptly any untoward observation made.
• Responding to life-saving situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment.
• Acting as patient advocate.
• Providing education and support to patient and patient’s families
• Assist the resident doctors and consultants in handling the admitted patients, makes referral to the other member of the health team and at the same time collaborates and coordinates with the hospital personnel.
• Conduct thorough nursing assessment considering the subjective and objective complaints.
• Carries out doctor’s order promptly and efficiently and even review orders and is ready to clarify or discuss with attending physicians doubts on the orders.
• Executes treatment such as IV insertion, blood transfusion, oxygen administration, suctioning, NGT insertion/care/feeding. Foley catheter insertion in the female patients
• Provides health teaching to the patient or members of the family regarding care and management from admission to discharge.
• Performs nursing techniques for the comfort and well-being of the patient.
• Provides treatment using the therapeutic equipment, observe patient’s reaction to medication and treatment.
• Providing pre-operative and post- operative care for the patients.
• Assist in the physicians in changing dressing, caring wounds and incision.
• Monitor vital signs to determine deviation from its baseline data hence giving special attention.
• Coordinates with the other units regarding the implementation of nursing care.
• Discharges patients who have order for discharge and provide instruction for patients and significant others.
• Makes charting to document patient’s condition and for evaluate effectiveness of the interventions done.
• Facilitate the process of reporting patient status to the staff of the incoming shift with proper nursing documentations.
3. Iloilo Doctors’ Hospital Inc.- West Avenue Molo Iloilo City, Philippines.
A tertiary private hospital located in Western Visayas Iloilo City, Philippines.With 300 bed capacity with international Accredatation ISO 9001: 2008 certified TUV100 05 0923 3. Staff Nurse, Medical/Surgical Ward
(Nov 16, 2011-Jan. 31 2015)
Performed nursing procedures. Carried out doctor’s orders. Administered oral and parenteral medications. Facilitated patient’s laboratory workups. Assisted with the admission and discharge of patients. Conducted health education to clients and significant others.
>Pre coronary angiogram+/- percutaneous coronary intervention
>Acute coronary syndrome
>Pre and Post Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Intervention
>Cerebrovascular Accident (hemorrhagic/ischemic)
>Pre craniotomy and craniotomy
>Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease
>Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
>Acute Renal Failure
>Chronic Renal Failure
>Drug overdose/ Drug ingestion
>Post RTA/ polytrauma
>Normal Vaginal Delivery
>Post Dilatation and Curettage
Primary Lapaz II Elementary School
Lapaz, Iloilo City, Philippines
1990 – 1996
Secondary Iloilo National High School
Jaro, Iloilo City, Philippines
Jalandoni Memorial National High School
Lapuz Iloilo City
1996 – 1998
Tertiary Iloilo Doctors’ College
Bachelor of Science in Nursing
Molo Iloilo City, Philippines
2000 – 2004
CPR Training program.
February 27 2018
PHILIPPINE NURSING LICENSURE EXAMINATION – November 2009
Iloilo City, Philippines November 2017-2020
SAUDI LICENSING EXAMINATION for HEALTH SPECIALTIES
Saudi Council #15-R-N- 0036018
October 2015- Sept, 2018
TRAININGS, LECTURES ATTENDED
Infection Control & Prevention Study. Jordan Hospital, January 1 2018
Wound care ( Include Bedsores Prevention Program). Jordan Hospital, January 22, 2018
Care of Oncology Patients. Jordan Hospital, February 13, 2019
I hereby certify that the above information are true and correct to the best of my knowledge.
Villanueva Melody Gorero, R.N.