Vinu Raj Vijayakumaran
2734, Midland Avenue, Scarborough, Ontario, Canada
Cell: +1 (647) 561 6824
Procurement Engineer with 10 years of experience in oil & gas and metal fabrication industry, focused on meeting project delivery schedule and budget in line with company policies and procedures.
Areas of Expertise
· Order Processing
· Material Management
· Vendor Management
· Techno-commercial Operations
Sr. Procurement Engineer / Materials Analyst |SNC Lavalin |Dubai, UAE |Dec 2014 to Apr 2018 |
Sr. Procurement Engineer |Petrojet | Abu Dhabi, UAE |Mar 2013 to Dec 2014 |
Procurement Engineer |Kentz | Abu Dhabi, UAE | Oct 2010 to Feb 2013 |
Procurement Engineer |Al Shamsi Metal Factory | Abu Dhabi, UAE | Jun 2008 to Sep 2010 |
· Leading the project procurement team.
· Preparing the project procurement procedure
· Preparing the project material management Plan.
· Preparing the project pre-qualification procedure.
· Preparing the non-disclosure agreements (NDA) for the required vendors.
· Participate in internal and external audits and resolve NCRs and implement associated process improvements.
· Processing material requisitions from site & office engineering department.
· Identify the suitable client approved suppliers for the required equipments / materials and solicits quotations from them.
· Coordinating with vendors for the submission of pre-qualification documents if vendor is not in PVL / AVL.
· Reviewing the pre-qualification documents submitted by the vendors and coordinating with other departments to finish the process
· Coordinating with client for the vendor approval prior to reviewing the bid if required.
· Evaluating bids and preparing commercial bid tabulations.
· Negotiate the commercial aspect of the offers concurrent with cash flow, schedule and budget.
· Developing pre and post PO documentations – technical as well as commercial.
· Release purchase orders in accordance with the line and limits of authority mentioned in the company policies and procedures.
· Assist accounts department for opening LCs and creating performance bonds with vendors.
· Arranging and attending PIM / KOM with the vendor to kick start the proceedings after PO.
· Desk and shop expediting to follow up with suppliers for meeting the committed delivery as per order.
· Prepare the expediting log including all the orders placed for proper tracking.
· Continuous follow-up with vendors for the submission of drawings, data sheets, ITP, procedures and other SDRL requirements.
· Internal coordination with project engineering department for the timely approval of the submitted vendor documents and reply to the vendor technical queries.
· Continuous follow-up with vendors for the submission of production schedule and manufacturing progress reports.
· Updating weekly / fortnightly project procurement progress reports and expediting reports.
· Visiting the vendor facilities or arranging TPI visits to check the manufacturing progress.
· Coordinating the TPI visits once the notification for inspection as per ITP is arrived.
· Coordinating with TPI / vendor for the inspection reports and test certificates.
· Review of the inspection reports and test certificates submitted by TPI / vendor.
· Coordinating with TPI / vendor for the issue of IRN / RFSC
· Internal coordination with accounts department for executing commercial payment commitments.
· Coordinating with freight forwarding agencies / vendor in line with order inco-term for the shipment of material.
· Preparing the duty exemption request letter to the client with supporting documents.
· Coordinating with clearing agencies for the timely release of materials from the port as per local customs regulations.
· Internal coordination with project qa /qc department for the inspection of materials on receipt at site.
· Coordination with material controller for delivery acceptance, sort out OS&D’s, NCR’s if any.
· Perform vendor assessments.
· Supporting the stores for the materials management.
ERP Software Experience
· Microsoft GP.
· PaMMS – web based Procurement & Material Management System.
Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering 2008
Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Kollam, Kerala, India