· Five years of combined experience teaching Humanities and English.
· Experience developing student-centered lesson plans, assignments and exams.
· M.A. Sociology graduate with extensive knowledge conducting qualitative and quantitative sociological research.
· Proven abilities in problem solving, classroom management and motivation in a multicultural and diverse setting.
· Experience managing an education centre and ensuring the quality of education standards are met.
LANGUAGES AND COMPUTER SKILLS
· Fluent English and French, Intermediate Greek
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office
· Online learning platforms
· Knowledge of Omnivox and Minerva
Education Manager September 2018 – Present
Oxford Learning Centre; Montreal, Quebec
· Administers standardized assessments to customize academic programs.
· Trains, supports and hires new teachers.
· Teaches post-secondary students college and university level courses.
· Works with students with special needs and learning disabilities.
· Responsible for preparing staff schedule, marketing material and payroll.
· Meets with parents to keep them informed on their child’s progress.
ESL Teacher September 2018 – Present
Dawson College; Montreal, Quebec
· Teaches English as a second language courses.
o Designs lesson plans and interactive activities that provide students with the opportunity to practice all aspects of the English language.
o Assesses and evaluates students through formative and summative assessments to ensure they are placed in the correct level.
o Holds writing workshops for students
· Courses taught:
o English as a Second Language – Level 1
o English as a Second Language – Level 2
ESL and Humanities Teacher May 2017 – September 2018
Centre de langues Universel – Téluq University
Department of Languages/Humanities; Montreal, Quebec
· Taught University level Humanities, English, and Linguistics courses.
o Designed lesson plans and interactive activities that provide students with the opportunity to practice all aspects of the English language, as well as its cultural variations.
o Taught Humanities courses regarding sociological worldviews.
o Assessed and evaluated students through formative and summative assessment.
o Offered tutorial sessions.
· Courses taught:
o ANG 1100 – First level English
o ANG 2001 – General Communication
o ANG 3001 – Listening and Speaking
o ANG 4005 – Effective Written Communication
o ANG 4008 – English for Computing
o ANG 4017 – Business English
o LIN 4002 – Contemporary Language and Culture
o LIN 4003 – Language Varieties and Cultures
o LIN 4015 – Second Language Learning and Teaching
· Presented orientation sessions for new and returning students.
o Created Power Point Presentations to welcome students.
o Explained the curriculum to students and their families.
ESL and FSL Teacher December 2013 – January 2018 Ecole de langues Shakespeare; Montreal, Quebec
· Taught English as a second language, French as a second language, as well as Business English writing in corporate settings and through online platforms.
o Designed lesson plans that center on helping students clarify, develop and present their ideas in written format.
· Courses taught:
o English Beginner Level 1 – Introduction to English
o English Beginner Level 2 – Introduction to English
o English Intermediate Level – Speaking and Listening
o English Advanced Level 1 – Writing
o English Advanced Level 2 – Business Writing and Correspondence
English and French Tutor September 2011 – August 2015
Centre Pedagogique de La Renaissance; Laval, Quebec
· Taught the homework program at Sir Wilfred Laurier elementary schools.