995 McConachie Blvd, NW• Edmonton AB T5Y 3N3 • Tel: (780)860-4505 • email: [email protected]
To obtain an accounting/auditing position in an organization where my strong analytical and organizational skills can be fully utilized and used as part of the company’s strategic and profit maximization plan.
SUMMARY OF SKILL PROFICIENCIES/COMPETENCIES
• Accounts Payable/Receivable • Journal Entries
• Payroll Preparation • Reconciliation
• Budget Preparation & Management • Inventory Management
• Cash Flow • Cost Accounting Management
ACCOUNTING SOFTWARE PROFICIENCIES
• Great Plains
• Turbo Pay
• Certificate in Forensic Accounting
• Certificate in Receivables Management
• Certificate in PECB Certified ISO 31000 Foundation
• Certificate in ISO 9001:2015 Internal Audit
• Certificate in Supervisory Management
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (A.C.C.A) – Finalizing (Level 2)
• Association of Chartered Certified Accountant (A.C.C.A) Level 1- Exempt
• Association of Chartered of Certified Accounting- CAT 2004 – 2007
• Charlemont High School 1992 – 1997
Maritime Authority of Jamaica- 2nd Floor, UDC Building, 12 Ocean Blvd, Kingston
March 2013- Present
• Monitoring all amounts due and overdue to the Authority and advising Management of
appropriate action to be taken.
• Review monthly Accounts Receivables Statements for Clients and Debtors Report and
submit to Finance & Accounting Manager for approval
• Reconciliation of all Accounts Receivables to the General Ledger on a monthly basis.
• Review and Certification of Aged Accounts Receivables Schedule on a monthly basis and
submit to Finance Manager.
• Reconciliation of all bank accounts after each month end and reconciling to General
• Preparation of monthly Financial Report/ Budgetary Comparative statement and prepare
detailed analysis for Management submission to Ministry.
• Assist in the preparation for internal and external audits
• Preparation of work papers, journals and edit lists in support of the General Ledger System
• Supervises the Accounts Receivables Officer
The Book Merchant Ltd- 9 Easton Avenue, Kingston 5
June 2009 – March 2013
• Have full responsibility for the maintenance of all accounting records for presentation to
auditors with Profit & Loss and Balance Sheet adjustments made.
• Ensure management of accounts receivable, payables, cash/bank balances and inventory
• Prepare departmental and master budgets for timely submission to executive directors. Proper management of company’s cash flows and conduct periodic inventory counting and costing of stocks.
Copiers Limited- 19 Roosevelt Avenue, Kingston 6
March 2007 – May 2009
• Manage all posting debits and credits and recording all transactions.
• Performed accounts receivable and payables functions, balancing cash and posting sales invoices.
• Generate bank deposits, verify and balance receipts. Create invoices and track overdue accounts. Research and resolve billing and collections disputes.
• Generating and filing statutory returns. Preparing the necessary files for audit research.
ModOffice by EHC Industries Limited – 16 Retirement Road, Kingston 5
September 2006 – March 2007
Temporary Accounting Clerk
• Managed all posting of debits and credits and recorded all transactions.
• Generated and filed statutory returns. Performed accounts receivable functions, balancing cash and posting sales invoices, generate bank deposits, verify and balance receipts.
• Create invoices and track overdue accounts.
• Preparation of weekly and fortnightly payroll using TurboPay. Research and resolve billing and collections disputes.
Bob Fowler & Associates – 19 Carvalho Drive, Kingston 10
2003- June 2006
• Managed financial transactions and record keeping with strict attention to detail. Verified and posted transactions to general ledger using DacEasy.
• Reconciled and balanced accounts. Preparation of monthly payroll, manually and filing statutory returns.
• Communicate with clients to address inquiries and resolve their account issues.
Anthony Gordon & Associates – Oxford Terrace, Kingston 5
• Checking records, verifying transactions posted by other workers, check documents to ensure that they are correctly coded and mathematically correct.
• Conducting fiscal year, tax periods, monthly and year end audits.
• Demonstrated talent for quickly learning new tasks and completing assignments ahead of schedule, while maintaining a high degree of accuracy.